Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

5 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

I think that at least part of the ‘one bottle of liquor’ is that the smaller bottles that they used to offer two of are not easy to get right now. The Champagne choices, I can’t excuse. I like nice Champagne, and they need to pull their socks up.

I hope that is the case and just not a cut-back…..regarding the small bottles of Liquor.  I had not realized there were procurement problems so thanks for that clarification.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lisiamc said:

Have you had a chance to try that Champagne yet? What’s your verdict? I find the NF drinkable, but a bit too sweet for my taste.

I’ve not tried it but Carol said it was ok, it’s difficult on the pool deck from plastic to get a proper taste. 
Did notice that the Living Room still had NF last night, will try to find out if it’s a permanent change or due to a temporary supply problem.

• Like 1

Still on Quest and the Champagne we have been drinking has definitely been Nicolas Feuillatte. No Wairau Valley onboard and it’s replacement is a Californian Sav, OK but not as good. Allegedly supplies are coming today in Bordeaux!! We will see. 

Wine generally OK not convinced Ultimate package is worth it (with current wine offerings) if you don’t drink champagne or have a favoured spirit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, woodards said:

Still on Quest and the Champagne we have been drinking has definitely been Nicolas Feuillatte. No Wairau Valley onboard and it’s replacement is a Californian Sav, OK but not as good. Allegedly supplies are coming today in Bordeaux!! We will see. 

Wine generally OK not convinced Ultimate package is worth it (with current wine offerings) if you don’t drink champagne or have a favoured spirit. 

Wairau River is always supposed to be coming tomorrow it was the same in July.  Agree the replacement was drinkable but not exciting.  Hope Bordeaux delivers great supplies for you. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Riocca said:

The new champagne is only temporary due to supply issues with NF.

Phew, wonder how long temporary will be.  Shame they dumbed down rather than stepped up as they have done in the past. 

I have had Lanson, Clicquot and Taittinger onboard this year, all of which were enjoyed in generous supply. 

Would be very nice to see a permanent upgrade in the champagne.

In the UK the general wholesale availability of half bottles of spirits has certainly changed and prices have increased a little. 

• Like 2

On 9/1/2022 at 11:04 AM, Riocca said:

Just a missed shipment I believe, replacement was just what was available.

Container that missed Southampton was loaded yesterday in Bordeaux 😁

Q&A this morning with Captain and HD logistics at the moment are challenging but the new owners are committing resources to overcome it, they also have access to high quality suppliers worldwide.

From other conversations suppliers have been told not to send Royal Club tonic which seems to have disappeared from all bars we’ve visited. Schweppes is now appears to be the standard tonic onboard.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Q&A this morning with Captain and HD logistics at the moment are challenging but the new owners are committing resources to overcome it, they also have access to high quality suppliers worldwide.

From other conversations suppliers have been told not to send Royal Club tonic which seems to have disappeared from all bars we’ve visited. Schweppes is now appears to be the standard tonic onboard.

I’m so pleased to see that the Royal Club tonic seems to be on the way out. That’s great news!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Riocca said:

Last night on Quest in Bordeaux we had a local group in a Can-Can Spectacular onboard. It’s probably the best thing we’ve ever seen onboard, I worked in Paris and it was as good if not better than anything I saw there.

Full credit to Azamara at its best.

IMG_1098.MOV 68.6 MB · 3 downloads  

Thank you for this nice video. We will be on Pursuit Amsterdam to Bordeaux and are looking forward to this show. 

On 9/3/2022 at 2:40 PM, Riocca said:

That is wonderful news. Wonder if the container also had some good wines……like the Wairau River Sauvignon Blanc….

• Like 3

On the subject of tonic and mixers. On Onward recently they left all the mixers out on a tray at the bar for when they needed them. Sometimes open if partly used.

This resulted in a number of flat quite warm drinks

Seemed a strange thing to do

• Thanks 1

Just back from the Pursuit, we had the same problem with flat tonic, my husband eventually asked for a can of tonic with his gin. At least it wasn’t flat, although all that was available was Royal Club, then we happened to spy a Schweppes tonic, hallelujah! We spoke to the bartender who said they took on a supply of Schweppes in Stockholm. DH asked if they had a lot of the Royal Club to use up, and he confirmed they have! Thoroughly enjoyed our cruise, although the Patio was not open in the evening, Windows still a la carte in the evening, although Indian night was still buffet self serve, as ever it was amazing! Only 406 on our cruise so not crowded. However the least said about Schiphol airport the better, disorganised chaos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, boxman52 said:

On the subject of tonic and mixers. On Onward recently they left all the mixers out on a tray at the bar for when they needed them. Sometimes open if partly used.

This resulted in a number of flat quite warm drinks

Seemed a strange thing to do

They don’t seem to have them refrigerated at any time, so a warmish drink is possible. I found that the Diet Tonic was Canada Dry and came in little bottles. The lid was screwed back on to keep the remainder fresh for the next person. I never had a flat G&T, I’m pleased to say, or any of that vile Royal Club tonic.

• Like 1

The worst thing is a warm flat club tonic in your g and t!!  

I think the bar staff assume the copious amounts of ice they put in the drinks will mask the warm tonic but if like me you ask them to hold back on the ice the problem arises

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, uktog said:

The worst thing is a warm flat club tonic in your g and t!!  

I think the bar staff assume the copious amounts of ice they put in the drinks will mask the warm tonic but if like me you ask them to hold back on the ice the problem arises

The British approach to ice was something of a challenge for my mother when she visited from the US. She would order a “Jamesons and Ginger with ice, please”. One small ice cube would be added. “With lots of ice, please.” Cue arrival of second small ice cube. “With lots and lots of ice, please! I really like ice.” Three small ice cubes, total. 😁😁

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, lisiamc said:

The British approach to ice was something of a challenge for my mother when she visited from the US. She would order a “Jamesons and Ginger with ice, please”. One small ice cube would be added. “With lots of ice, please.” Cue arrival of second small ice cube. “With lots and lots of ice, please! I really like ice.” Three small ice cubes, total. 😁😁

Like that story. For us Europeans it's the other way around. In the US we always say: just a little bit of ice please. And when they still put A LOT of ice in the glas we ask them to decimise that. 

• Like 1

And most of us don’t like our gin or whisky drowned in mixers. We try and train the bar staff on the proportions we like but when we fail (oh bring back Papa Dale he remembered it 18 months later….) we ask for the can on the side and mix it ourselves. The good staff remember after a day or so but a lot of the newbies didn’t even remember from one round to the next. 😂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lisiamc said:

My German colleague used to tell me, when going for a conference to the States for the first time, he caught mild cold so when he asked for a Coke at the canteen and they shovelled ice into his glass first, he mildly protested. “You’re in the States now, get used to plenty of ice in drinks!” - shouted someone from the queue)

• Haha 1