Afternoon Tea

megevans

As we recall, tea was at 4:00 p.m. and followed by team trivia at 4:30 p.m.  It is a pleasant time with tea (or something from the bar if desired) and assorted tea-time refreshments.  There is live background music (such as a pianist or guitarist playing softly).  It is meant to tide you over between lunch and dinner, and is not a substitute for dinner.

• Like 1

I gave up on going to tea in 2019 on the Navigator since tea was on deck eleven beginning at four in the  lounge and trivia began a four thirty on deck six in the Stars Lounge with a short session to cover the daily puzzles before hand. 

From my one Regent cruise on Voyager 2019 I would say for myself that Tea time would absolutely work as a substitute for dinner.

There were little sandwiches, and such which I did not partake of, going directly to the scones and clotted cream, and then the cakes. I would love to skip dinner so I could sample 3 or 4 of those cakes. I had to limit myself to 2, as hubby doesn’t do tea, and would hate to miss dinner.

But for me once a cruise it would be splendid to do tea time and move on to cocktails with the provided small bites, and if one was hungry late there is always room service.

I must see how I can arrange this on our next cruise, maybe I can find him some friends he can go to dinner with.

The other thing I would like about this is it would make it easier to attend a show.

Such a good problem to have!

After posting I realized I didn’t mention that on that cruise they had different themes for tea time, for instance one was chocolate, one was donuts, I think there was a crepe one, and the one I went to was called Vienna, and, I could be wrong but it seemed like there must have been 20 different cakes.

Is this theme idea standard on every cruise?

1 hour ago, vegasdriven said:

After posting I realized I didn’t mention that on that cruise they had different themes for tea time, for instance one was chocolate, one was donuts, I think there was a crepe one, and the one I went to was called Vienna, and, I could be wrong but it seemed like there must have been 20 different cakes.

Is this theme idea standard on every cruise?

Every Regent cruise we have been on has had various theme teas.

Dave

We've used afternoon tea as a substitute for lunch when an excursion ran late. I would never have it for a substitute for dinner, and I'm a light eater. I would rather skip afternoon tea and be hungry for dinner, since dinner is so good on Regent.

That being said, there are savory items as well as dessert at afternoon tea, so you could make a meal of it.

• Like 1

A much better option would be to attend and enjoy afternoon tea, and then at dinner ask for smaller (appetizer sized) portions.  That way you get tea and dinner without the guilt of wasting food.  Win-win.

Edited by UUNetBill
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

The simple answer is NO, it’s does not replace dinner.

Wait... are you suggesting that you would rather have Filet Mignon, New Zealand lamb chops, Dover Sole, Lobster Tail,  etc. , etc., etc. than sammiches and scoones?????

Imagine that!

• Like 1