Majestic Harmony Restaurant

waltd

Ate there on the Majestic last week. My favorite meal on the ship. We loved it. Service was outstanding .I would have eaten there more often and should have done so. Next time we did specialty went to the Crown Grill. Food was also very good  but I preferred  Harmony.

It was the location that Sabatinis is on other ships.Very private and quiet.

Edited by san diego sue
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I absolutely echo San Diego Sue’s review!  It’s our favourite speciality restaurant onboard.  We ate there twice during our B2B in Sep/Oct.  If you order some spicy dishes, makes sure you tell the server to what degree spiciness/hotness you prefer.  Also, try Bistro Sur La Mer.  You can always try the Crown Grill or Sterling Steakhouse in most Princess ships…go for something different.  Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, caribill said:

Use the search feature on this forum for the word "Harmony" and you will locate a bunch of reviews.

Ok, so dumb question.  How do you search 'this forum' only? Everytime I use the search icon I end searching well beyond the Princess board.  Thanks! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Ok, so dumb question.  How do you search 'this forum' only? Everytime I use the search icon I end searching well beyond the Princess board.  Thanks! 

When you click on the search area, and drop down menu appears...and includes "this forum"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chrysalis said:

When you click on the search area, and drop down menu appears...and includes "this forum"

Thank You that was helpful.   I just learned something about the feature. 

We ate in Harmony on the Majestic in September.  We liked it a lot.  The restaurant was quiet and pretty.  Fantastic waiter!  I had Lemon chicken, that was excellent, and a great green bean side.  Dessert was Macha cheesecake was just OK.  DH had a great dinner too with a fabulous Mango dessert.  Not big portions, but plenty for us.   It was a nice night and a great way for us to spend OBC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So have a question that I'm not sure anyone can really answer but has the menu been adjusted now that the Majestic is not cruising Asian waters?      Does it lean more toward  North American tastes.   Reason I asked is I did pull up a menu and some of the menu items were quite unusual. 🙂

Maybe does. However I asked a crew member at one of the bars. She had eaten there. I asked if food was more authentic and she said it was and she loved it.  Asked an Asian friend who had been on before pandemic and then again in Sept this year. She thought some items were removed from the menu but also thought it was still very good.

My thoughts that it was a bit different than the Chinese food we get in San Diego but more like what I remember in the Chinese Restaurants in N.Y. many years ago (when I lived there).

The egg rolls appetizer was so good, could have made a meal of it.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, waltd said:

So have a question that I'm not sure anyone can really answer but has the menu been adjusted now that the Majestic is not cruising Asian waters?      Does it lean more toward  North American tastes.   Reason I asked is I did pull up a menu and some of the menu items were quite unusual. 🙂

The pre-shutdown menu was decidedly geared to Asian tastes, which is why I was really looking forward to trying it. Now that Majestic is based in the U.S., the menu has been Americanized to some extent.

However, as Calvin Trillin always says, we should be less fussy about being authentic and more focused on if the food makes us happy. And Harmony definitely made me happy! Heck, right after my first dinner there I immediately booked a second one. Get the egg white fried rice. My server wouldn’t let me not order it and yeah, she was right.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, san diego sue said:

Maybe does. However I asked a crew member at one of the bars. She had eaten there. I asked if food was more authentic and she said it was and she loved it.  Asked an Asian friend who had been on before pandemic and then again in Sept this year. She thought some items were removed from the menu but also thought it was still very good.

My thoughts that it was a bit different than the Chinese food we get in San Diego but more like what I remember in the Chinese Restaurants in N.Y. many years ago (when I lived there).

The egg rolls appetizer was so good, could have made a meal of it.

Thanks Gloria   We will be on Dec 11th.  Will try the egg rolls and think of you  lol

Hopefully they will have some dedicated vegetarian dishes as a few friends will be joining us and one , for health reasons, is vegetarian.

Online, I found the original Harmony menu that was used when we were onboard Majestic in May/June 2017.  This original menu was found on the Princess website.  Note in the lower right hand corner the year 2017.

Read here:  https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/harmony-dinner-menu.pdf

Also, online, I found the new Harmony menu used while we were onboard Majestic in Sep/Oct 2021.  Note in the lower right hand corner the year 2021.

Read here:  https://s33722.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Majestic-Princess-Harmony-Restaurant-Menu-2.pdf

The menus are more similar than not.  Some items that had jellyfish have been removed, soups changed, and some other items changed.  The majority (not all) of the new menu is from the original menu that was made for the Asian market.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, waltd said:

image.thumb.jpeg.aaee0a5c1b25b875b25177f7c2dc3f41.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

@Astro FlyerThank you for sharing the menu. Do you know if they will allow more than one item to be ordered in the vegetable section?  I can’t decide, lol.

I don’t know if you could do it but the menu shows only 1 item…hopefully you’ll get to chose more than one. Our only specialty dinner on Majestic recently was the Winemakers Dinner.

• Like 1

Ouch. Stripping out the more distinctive items and rearranging some of them into the supplemental charge area drops the cost of the menu down dramatically... and solidly lowers my interest in it from from a 'Even if it's uncomped', to 'I'm not sure I want it even if it's comped', for me.

Edited by Cuedon
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Cuedon said:

Ouch. Stripping out the more distinctive items and rearranging some of them into the supplemental charge area drops the cost of the menu down dramatically... and solidly lowers my interest in it from from a 'Even if it's uncomped', to 'I'm not sure I want it even if it's comped', for me.

No one's forcing you

13 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I don’t know if you could do it but the menu shows only 1 item…hopefully you’ll get to chose more than one. Our only specialty dinner on Majestic recently was the Winemakers Dinner.

Well I can’t have the desserts due to allergies so maybe they’ll let me substitute it with a vegetable. I guess I could have the fruit but I can only eat so much fruit in place of dessert, ha ha.  You are always so helpful, thanks again.

• Like 1