The Daily for Monday November 15, 2021

richwmn

We're getting hit in the Pacific Northwest but the sun is just starting to come out. We have a high wind warning until 7:00 PM and flood warnings for the next few days. In Mount Vernon they have erected the flood wall and the Skagit is expected to crest at 37.5 feet. The pictures on I-5 are just north of us and there have been two landslides in about the same area today. In Skagit and Whatcom counties there are lots of road closures due to flooding. We have Search and Rescue out from the Navy Base on Whidbey Island to do rescues up near Concrete and Marblemount. I'm so glad to just hang out at home!

Karen

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

47 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

My wedding anniversary is in November too!  It’s actually tomorrow but my husband and I are in different countries, at the moment, so we will celebrate when I get home.

They stopped taking our glass for recycling as well.  The non-rule-followers ruined it for the rest of us.  Now we drive it to the recycling site periodically.  Wegmans recycles wine corks so I collect those also.   For the planet.  🙃

I wish you both a very HAPPY ANNAIVERSARY.

Jim

• Like 9

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

wow, the flooding, apparently there is no way to reach Vancouver from Alberta right now!  Double eek!  

Interesting how different places do the boosters.  My DBIL,and DSIL both got Moderna after Pfizer in BC as well.  In Alberta we are getting a third full Pfizer.  

the Coquihalla highway, 

image.thumb.png.79d152602bbeebe5f190a99e53272f8b.png

😲

WOW!!!  I hope no one was injured in this and @Cruising-along‘s pics!  This is crazy!

• Like 9

A whole town in the BC interior is being evacuated because of the flooding.  A lot of people here in Victoria have water in their basements.  We seem to be okay at the moment, on a hill.  Hope we don't just go sliding down it!

1596652481_ScreenShot2021-11-15at3_35_39PM.jpeg.dbf219135c74bf35b9fbe4a0540787fd.jpeg

1427300534_ScreenShot2021-11-15at3_35_23PM.thumb.jpeg.513a634ad5c342444a9660a882f5e504.jpeg

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 10

Today was a successful day with many accomplishments achieved!  The big one was to get mine and my Dad’s passports.  Dad’s expired last December but they allowed him to do the simple renewal due to Covid extensions.  I had to do the full application because my vaccine card is in my married name but my current passport is in my former name.  I thought it best for both to match.

Took me a while to get us an appointment so we didn’t have to send important documents through the mail.  I also wanted to make sure I could pick it up as the last time I paid extra for them to mail it to me in Canada, so guess where they sent it?  Virginia.  🤪 Luckily my husband wasn’t traveling that week so he was able to locate it on the front porch and then courier it back to me in Canada just in time to make my flight.  It’s actually a fluke he was even at home because his job requires him to be anywhere in the country.  Anywho… not falling for that one again.  😜

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

A whole town in the BC interior is being evacuated because of the flooding.  A lot of people here in Victoria have water in their basements.  We seem to be okay at the moment, on a hill.  Hope we don't just go sliding down it!

1596652481_ScreenShot2021-11-15at3_35_39PM.jpeg.dbf219135c74bf35b9fbe4a0540787fd.jpeg

1427300534_ScreenShot2021-11-15at3_35_23PM.thumb.jpeg.513a634ad5c342444a9660a882f5e504.jpeg

Oh my goodness.  How sad for all those people.  Wasn’t Merritt involved in another disaster?  Was it wildfires?  I might be thinking of something else.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Short update.  Saw a urologist today and we decided to schedule a removal of the stone this Friday.  It is located in the ureter between the kidney and bladder and appears to be stuck.  Looks like a 20 minute procedure using a stent. 

When we got to the hospital it was windy and pouring down rain.  An hour later when we came out the skies were blue, wind calm and sun shining.  I hope that is a sign.

• Like 25

9 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Short update.  Saw a urologist today and we decided to schedule a removal of the stone this Friday.  It is located in the ureter between the kidney and bladder and appears to be stuck.  Looks like a 20 minute procedure using a stent. 

When we got to the hospital it was windy and pouring down rain.  An hour later when we came out the skies were blue, wind calm and sun shining.  I hope that is a sign.

Hope the procedure is short and painless.  And to all in the flooding area in B.C. you're on my prayer list.  What a disaster!

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Did you get anything for the pain while you wait?

Roy

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Oh my goodness.  How sad for all those people.  Wasn’t Merritt involved in another disaster?  Was it wildfires?  I might be thinking of something else.

I think Merritt had some fires, but it was Lytton, BC, that was completely destroyed by fire in the summer.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for sll the daily  reports. 

Our recycling bin is out awaiting collection, it is collected every second week, the alternate week glass is collected in a plastic box,( but no lids allowed on the glass containers) rubbish can be collected every week, in a council issued black bag, the bag lasts us a fortnight.

@aliaschiefwishing you safe travelling.

@smitty34877 Again Congratulations on your Anniversary, a great family story.

@Cruising-alongthanks for the flooding video, and thanks to @Vict0riannfor the photos, terrible weather, hope everyone in the affected area will be OK.

@rafinmd are you coping OK with the radiotherapy.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you to the Monday Daily, Rich.  A big salute to Clean Refrigerators, Recycling, and Philanthropy,  So true on the Shepard quote.  I visited Fujairah just once on the Silver Whisper and don't remember much about it.  I'll pass on the meal suggestion.  My alternative is Apple, Pear, and Cucumber Salad, Turf from Surf and Turf, and Almond and Orange Cake as served on MS Prinsendam November 15, 2017. 

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/dishes1115.jpg

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
kakalina with spreading lung cancer going into hospice
SrLouisCruisers friend John with end stage melanoma
cat shepard’s friend recovering from aggressive chemo but at least back home
Irishjim’s wife Sheila back in hospital
Seasick sailor’s friend Walker wthdrawing from cancer treatments
USN59-79 with kidney stone
From the rotation:
rafinmd undergoing radiation
My travel agent with an esophageal blockage
Mamaofami’s friend in hospice
HAL Sailor DH health issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy 35th Anniversary smitty 34877!!!
4 BHB with passengers
Nieuw Statendam and Euridan tiogether in Everglades
Front Line Health Care Workers
lazey1 feeling better
horizonchaser1947 settled in Mexico
Norseh20 at sea (Oceania Marina to 12/1)
Quartzite Cruiser (Koningsdam till 12/12), dobiemom (NCL Bliss to 11/21), Lady Hudson (Anthen OTS to 11/21)and Sea Viewer (Allure OTS to 11/21)
First jabs for Cruising-along’s 2 little DGS
Safe travels Crazy for Cats
57redbird covid negative and surgery scheduled for November 29
Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy my  wife Sheila is back in rehab  as she is over her heart problems you can remove her from your care list I hope she will be home soon. Jim.  Thanks.

Roy

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Yes, just a few months ago: 

The entire City of Merritt has been placed on an evacuation alert due to the threat from area wildfires. The July Mountain and Brookmere fires to the south and the Lytton Creek fire to the west continue to grow, prompting the evacuation alert for the city of about 7,500 people about 90 kilometres south of Kamloops.Aug 15, 2021

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, summer slope said:

I live in Sebring, Highlands county.

My daughter lived in Avon Park for three years and worked at the prison. I lived with her in 2018 and half of 2019 while my DH was deployed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Did you get anything for the pain while you wait?

Roy

Actually, no.  They gave me enough oxycontin for 48 hours on Friday, but it wasn't very effective.  I found that over the counter naproxen sodium seems to work better w/o the dangerous side effects.

Ray

• Like 5