COVID SHOTS?

Skeet912

You don't specify where you are cruising from.  There are different requirements for UK vs US departures.  

Everything you need to know is here: 

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/

Click through to the FAQ for your departure country. 

Check back frequently as requirements do change, sometimes with short notice.  Have a good cruise! 

Edited by CruisinFinsUp
  • Like 1

I agree.  Open questions like this are best answered with the details on Princess.com.  Plenty of info there.  Come back if you don't understand something or want further details folks here might have.  But you can also call Princess and ask them a question - or use the CHAT feature on the website.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skeet912 said:

We have a cruise scheduled for early December and it says you have to show a test that you're negative. My question is, will they accept a fast test? Home test? or how did most of you get your test?

Yes you need to be vaccinated for covid-19 with proof to show cruiseline 

And at this point they are requiring that you have proof of a negative antigen test. As others have pointed out the Princess website updates their health requirements. Take a look 

3 hours ago, Skeet912 said:

We have a cruise scheduled for early December and it says you have to show a test that you're negative. My question is, will they accept a fast test? Home test? or how did most of you get your test?

On my October 31st cruise on the Ruby Princess I had a Rapid PCR test at CVS Pharmacy & they excepted it with no problems. 

Tom😀

7 minutes ago, dog said:

Yes you need to be vaccinated for covid-19 with proof to show cruiseline 

And at this point they are requiring that you have proof of a negative antigen test. As others have pointed out the Princess website updates their health requirements. Take a look 

I believe you can use an antigen test or PCR test as long as it is medically observed. I took a PCR test at my local health provider and got the results back via email 19 hours

Assuming you are sailing from the U.S.. Princess requires all guests to be fully vaccinated. Princess also requires a negative covid test prior to boarding. Exact details can be found in the referenced FAQs which detail all the vaccine, testing protocols and requirements for sailings through Feb. 28, 2022. 

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

The two day testing requirement really throws a wrench into pre-cruise travel plans, but with some digging I found some solutions for a January cruise out of Port Everglades. 

Plan A is I can get a test at a CVS near my hotel, although they state they are drive-through only, last month I just walked through the drive through and got my test at a CVS near my hotel in Tampa.

Plan B is my backup plan if CVS turns me away for walking through.  There's a doc-in-the-box a few blocks further that will accept walkins.  

Plan C is to take my hotel shuttle back to the Miami airport and get a test there.

Last resort, plan D is to get the test at the pier on embarkation day.

The analyst part of me would like to know how many vaccinated passengers have been turned away because of a positive test?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

The analyst part of me would like to know how many vaccinated passengers have been turned away because of a positive test?

If you tested positive before embarkation,  why would  you bother showing up at the port?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mom says said:

If you tested positive before embarkation,  why would  you bother showing up at the port?

That's a good question.  Maybe I should reframe the question to: I wonder how many vaccinated  people have had to cancel their cruise due to a positive covid pre-cruise test?