Princess Cruises 2023/2024 Australia, New Zealand and Asia Program Release

40 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I hope not. And she's also got a dry dock scheduled in Singapore around October 2023.

But so far there aren't two sets of deck plans on the Princess website. Usually when changes are made, or in the pipeline, they show the current and new deckplans and you select which one you want based on date.

Yes, when I checked the options for balcony cabins for our Sep 2023 cruise on the Princess website; the deck plans haven't changed.

Brian

17 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Yes, Princess wouldn't be selling cabins on the 2024 Worldie without passengers knowing the layout of those cabins.

I would not bet on that.  They could change the layout at anytime if adding additional cabins.

My Princess Planner came through with both the 2023 World Cruise and the Oct 2023 Round Australia bookings I requested.

I got a BA cabin on Caribe deck on the World Cruise, a tad cheaper than I expected plus slightly more OBC so I'm very happy about that.

The 28 night Round Australia cruise also worked out quite a bit cheaper than the 26 night 2024 one that I did the move-over to. I could only get a BB cabin on that one instead of the BA on the move-over but the price difference on cabin category wouldn't have made much difference, so the 2023 cruise is a much better deal given it's two days longer.

I'm very happy. 😊

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 3

Looking at February/March 2024 on the Majestic.  There is a  hole in the schedule on 3/18, which I assume would be the 13 day to New Zealand, this would be combined with the 10 day Queensland on 3/31.   Or another option is on 2/23/24 a 7 day Tasmania coupled with the 13 day to New Zealand on 3/1/24.

Assuming I am correct about the missing cruise on 3/18 being the 13 day to NZ, which of the two options would be better?  Or are there better options on the other older, smaller ships (Coral & Grand)

This will probably be a one time bucket list trip so I have to do it right.  Thanks                      

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Looking at February/March 2024 on the Majestic.  There is a  hole in the schedule on 3/18, which I assume would be the 13 day to New Zealand, this would be combined with the 10 day Queensland on 3/31.   Or another option is on 2/23/24 a 7 day Tasmania coupled with the 13 day to New Zealand on 3/1/24.

Assuming I am correct about the missing cruise on 3/18 being the 13 day to NZ, which of the two options would be better?  Or are there better options on the other older, smaller ships (Coral & Grand)

This will probably be a one time bucket list trip so I have to do it right.  Thanks                      

I think there might be a problem with the Princess website. I just checked the 2023/24 release brochure and yes, it does show an NZ cruise for Majestic on 18 March but it's not showing on the Princess website. It might be a good idea to phone Princess and check though. There is a similar problem with the Grand itineraries out of Melbourne - one Feb itinerary appears to be missing but is showing in the brochure.

Depending on how much time you can spend down here one option would be to cruise out of Melbourne on Grand as there are three cruises B2B which would give you NZ, Tasmania and Queensland:

14 days NZ on 25 February (currently not visible on the Princess website).

7 days Tasmania on 10 March.

14 days Queensland on 17 March.

Hope this helps.

PS. Here's a link to the release brochure:

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/content/princessau/2111_Aus.pdf?cid=mkt_email_info_internal_ausprogramrelease_other_ace21pp70pr70_211123_na&custID=NJJZJEZUB35TUIPCSRPCFAAF4M

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

19 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Am interested in  2024 cruise on the Royal Princess, not a bad price either, $225 / night pp with the Princess plus inclusive for a Mini suite (ME).

Which cruise? That's very cheap for mini-suite with the Plus package. You usually can't get a regular balcony cabin for that these days.

4 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

The current Princess "Oceans of Offers" sale ends on December 16th.

I don't know that they will have a Christmas sale like last year, but it might be worth waiting to see.

That for the starting Mini Suite price. So not too bad. So 227 pp with drinkies and some candy crush.

Oceans of Offers sale is not offered on the April 2024 cruise.

Only sad thing is I have no FCC at the moment. 

Edited by icat2000

17 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Oceans of Offers sale is not offered on the April 2024 cruise.

I meant that when it ends it might get replaced by a more comprehensive Christmas sale.

It looks to me like Princess has been pumping their prices for the past few days, which is sometimes a sign of a sale ahead.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Sydney to Japan, April 2024

That explains it. Repositioning cruises tend to be a lot cheaper, especially going up to Asia. Nice itinerary, lots of sea days at the start then a decent number of Japan ports plus Taiwan.

We did Sydney to Japan on Diamond Princess in 2018 and it cost $113.59 pp per day for an inside cabin and no perks.

On 12/3/2021 at 4:55 PM, MicCanberra said:

Good journey that Mic, we did it on ye olde Pacific Princess, Sydney to Osaka with plenty of interesting stops in 2005. Theatres of war cruise, Honiara, Rabaul, Guam, Saipan, sail around Iwo Jima, Hiroshima and a couple more stops.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Good journey that Mic, we did it on ye olde Pacific Princess, Sydney to Osaka with plenty of interesting stops in 2005. Theatres of war cruise, Honiara, Rabaul, Guam, Saipan, sail around Iwo Jima, Hiroshima and a couple more stops.

We were hoping to do it on Pacific Princess but the pandemic started then Princess sold that ship. 😪

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 5:42 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think there might be a problem with the Princess website. I just checked the 2023/24 release brochure and yes, it does show an NZ cruise for Majestic on 18 March but it's not showing on the Princess website. It might be a good idea to phone Princess and check though. There is a similar problem with the Grand itineraries out of Melbourne - one Feb itinerary appears to be missing but is showing in the brochure.

Depending on how much time you can spend down here one option would be to cruise out of Melbourne on Grand as there are three cruises B2B which would give you NZ, Tasmania and Queensland:

14 days NZ on 25 February (currently not visible on the Princess website).

7 days Tasmania on 10 March.

14 days Queensland on 17 March.

Hope this helps.

PS. Here's a link to the release brochure:

http://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/content/princessau/2111_Aus.pdf?cid=mkt_email_info_internal_ausprogramrelease_other_ace21pp70pr70_211123_na&custID=NJJZJEZUB35TUIPCSRPCFAAF4M

Thanks very much for the link.  That will fill in all the various holes that are coming up on the main website.  I was leaning towards going on the Majestic since she is the largest and newest of the four ships and she may even be going into dry dock before we cruise.  The 35 day possibility sounds great to me, but I know my DW would never let us go for that long.

After doing my research, I have things narrowed down to three choices.  The longest is 27 nights on the Royal, starting in Auckland and ending in Sydney, you lose Bay of Islands and Christchurch, but pick up Melbourne and Hobart.  This would be combined with a 14 day Fiji cruise.  The downfall to this would be the one way fares from the states needed into Auckland and out of Sydney. And besides seeing Sydney, we would not see anything else in Australia.

The other two choices are on The Majestic.  The first is in March of 24, doing the 13 day NZ itinerary, combined with the 10 day Queensland.  The third choice could be the one I am leaning towards, but I hate the timing.  It's in late November of 23 and does the 13 day NZ cruise, combined with a new unique itinerary going to South Australia for 12 days, ending on 12/22.  It goes to Melbourne, Kangaroo Island, Adelaide, Port Lincoln, Port Arthur and overnight in Hobart.  Like I said before I hate the timing since we would be flying home right before Christmas and it would eliminate us possibly doing a transatlantic on the NCL Prima or the inaugural on the Carnival Jubilee.

So, since this is probably going to be a one time bucket list situation, which of the three choices would you pick?  Is 14 days to Fiji better than 10 to Queensland or 12 to south Australia?  Thanks for the feedback.  Also, how bad would airfare be going to the states right before Christmas, since I think the NZ itinerary combined with the 12 day south Australia is where I am leaning

You don't need to book one way fares. You book what is known as a open jaw ticket - arrive at one city and depart from another. Most airlines have the option to do this, it's usually shown as multi-city or something similar. You choose the first leg departure and arrival airports, then choose the departure and arrival airports for the flight home and it's fared as a return journey not two one ways. We've done several trips like this over the years ie:

Arrive Dublin depart London Heathrow

Arrive Paris depart Barcelona

Arrive San Francisco depart New York

Arrive Rome depart London Gatwick

12 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Is 14 days to Fiji better than 10 to Queensland or 12 to south Australia?

I like Fiji. Dravuni is a delightful place, as is Savusavu. Lautoka and Suva less so, but there are things to see nearby.

The main problem is whether those South Pacific countries will be open for cruising even by that date. Vanuatu for instance is struggling with vaccinations and probably will for some time. Although New Caledonia and Fiji should be good by then. If you are planning and booking now, it might be better to limit your choices to cruises within Australia and New Zealand until the situation shakes out.

On 12/3/2021 at 4:55 PM, MicCanberra said:

Yes, this one certainly has our interest also! 
Very good pricing. 
We were meant to cruise on two seperate occasions on the Pacific Princess, to Japan, but Covid & selling of that gorgeous ship ruined that. 😢😢

• Like 1