Just attended last top tier party on Independence

Tagsalong

Captain Gus announced tonight that the Indy will no longer be doing a top tier party.  Shoreside found out that Indy was doing these after someone e-mailed corporate to complain about the fact that no presentations were being done for top cruiser or significant milestones.  Don't know what they will do for those reaching 700 points on the ship.  Apparently Corporate SOPs do not allow top tier parties on three and four night cruises. 

2 minutes ago, Anton said:

That's interesting because Royal said the Top Tier event was returning for ALL sailings in this update, which I think was the last update they made for this.  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/crown-anchor-society/program-updates

No one ever went bankrupt betting on Royal Caribbean's website pronouncements being misspelled, using bad grammar, containing incomplete information or incorrect information.

24 minutes ago, Tagsalong said:

Captain Gus announced tonight that the Indy will no longer be doing a top tier party.  Shoreside found out that Indy was doing these after someone e-mailed corporate to complain about the fact that no presentations were being done for top cruiser or significant milestones.  Don't know what they will do for those reaching 700 points on the ship.  Apparently Corporate SOPs do not allow top tier parties on three and four night cruises. 

Been that way for several years on Mariner out of PC

4 hours ago, Tagsalong said:

Apparently Corporate SOPs do not allow top tier parties on three and four night cruises. 

Onboard the Navigator's first sailing out of California...7-night cruise...Top Tier scheduled for day 6.  Loyal Ambassador said no Top Tier parties will be held on 3 and 4 night sailings.

Pretty sure e-mail went out to all ships from shoreside to remind them of the SOP.  We will be on Mariner this Thursday and reaching significant milestone (1400) on the following four day cruise.  Guess I'll see if we can get a picture with the Senior Officers at the top tier event on the first or third cruise of our B2Bs.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I was surprised to see them on Indy and Freedom for 3 & 4 night sailings.

Not surprised at all to see them go as quickly as they came.  

The Mariner 3 night we were on in October also had a Top Tier party!

12 minutes ago, villager70 said:

We were on the Mariner  for  four BTB in Sept and had 4 Top Tier events. We got another block at the Sept20th event from Capt Thor

Very nice! We've never been presented a "block" - they just show up on the bed. We are on Symphony for B2B2B now and reminded the LA we would earn a block. It never arrived and when I reminded her again, she checked her computer and said you'll get your next block when you reach 1120 points. We are over 1300 now!!! 🙄

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Been that way for several years on Mariner out of PC

On the 11/6 cruise on the Mariner there was a top tier event and we received our pinnacle award on it.

in the future who knows.

4 hours ago, Tagsalong said:

But that was a 7 nighter.

Top Tier on Harmony last week was a snooze fest. 

Sign of the times was the plethora of significant milestones. 3 or 4 of the ones divisible by 350, plus around 5 or 6 new Pinnacles.  Took a while to go through them.😉

Couple that with no drinks to speak of, people bailed after dive show.

We stayed, but probably because we sat down low

Edited by John&LaLa

Well, currently I break the hallowed 700 point barrier on Freedom on the January 10 cruise.    I'm thinking of having a pinnacle friend who will be aboard anoint me in the Schooner Bar by waving his pin over me as he solemnly repeats Michael Bayley's email address, followed by a round of Duck Fart shots for the bar.  I'll invite the LA to attend and maybe a ship's photographer to memorialize it.  It'll be more fun than the usual recognition I've attended.