Upcoming Caribbean Princess Livethread! 11/28-12/5

amanda384

Hi everyone! God willing, I will be on the Caribbean Princess's first voyage back! (Covid test pending, of course!) I will be doing a live thread of my journey starting Friday. So if you want you can drop a follow here and if you post any questions I will be glad to try to get an answer for you on board.

A little about us: My husband (42) and I (37) live in Northern Virginia and are driving to FLL. This cruise is just us, no kids. Eastern Caribbean with St. Kitts. We are staying in a balcony stateroom on the Caribe deck, and we are platinum. I post menus and patters! We love the Caribbean and are so happy to be going back.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Have a wonderful cruise.  I hope to be back on the Caribbean Princess in May.  Can you check at Sabatini's to see if they are doing the Super Tuscan Wine Dinner.  I've read about this dinner being offered on Royal class ships.  Hopeful Caribbean Princess will also have it.

• Like 1

Thank you for this live thread.  We will be on the Caribbean Princess 2/27/22 but we will be doing Western Caribbean.  We have sailed on her 3 times in the past but will be interested in the changes since covid other than the masking and social distancing which Princess has posted on their website.  Have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

This is WAY too early.  The thread will be stuffed full of questions before the ship sails.

I don't mind if the questions are posted now. Once I'm on board I sometimes miss them if the thread gets too long.

• Like 3

I'm looking forward to your thread since I'll be boarding right after you disembark. The Patters will be especially helpful. I'm already rethinking my dinner reservation at 8. That time worked great on the Majestic this summer since the early show in the theater started at 7. It gave me time to make it to dinner without rushing. But the Patters from some recent cruises have had the shows starting later.

• Like 2

Looking forward to following your "live from." Have a great cruise.

One question: Another threads is about the aft part of the promenade deck on Grand class ships is closed to passengers so that crew can smoke there. Big complaints about smoke on the aft balconies above that area, especially when in port. Is this also true for the Caribbean Princess?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, caribill said:

Big complaints about smoke on the aft balconies above that area, especially when in port. Is this also true for the Caribbean Princess?

We are also on the November 28th Caribbean Princess sailing and have an aft balcony.  I will definitely report back if smoke is an issue.   This is our first ever aft balcony and I've been looking forward to it for sooooo long.  I would hate to have it ruined by having to deal with smoke smell.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, runner2013 said:

Definateley watching this,

we're getting married on her. Granted it's not until May of 2022, but we have lots of questions about how she looks. 

Thanks for the thread. 

Congrats! This is the first ship my husband and I sailed on together, and oddly enough it has always been the one we have sailed on when going without the kids, so to me it is the most romantic ship.  🙂

• Like 2