Ashamed of Royal Carib….

I am a Diamond plus loyal Royal cruiser,  never have I been so ashamed of how Royal is handling refunds.  I was advised 10/1 that my Harmony cruise 10/31    Was shortened and I would receive a refund of 167.00 within 30 days.  Today is day 52.  I have called 3 weeks in a row only to be told Accounting is behind and they cant give me an answer as to when I will see MY money.   U will not be booking any more cruises until Royal does what they promise with refunds. I have 3 existing cruises I will be cancelling before 12/30 unless I get My funds returned and receive a call back as I requested from a corporate executive .  Anyone else with these issues?

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

Only a lowly GOLD Level here....haven't been on RCI since 2013, and before that only a handful of times. Got all three of my price reduction refunds VERY quickly. Must have to do something with the bank?

Very, very happy with Royal Caribbean right now, especially with all the the price drops (over $1200 worth that allowed me to go from a Deck 11 Inside Stateroom to a Deck 10 Stateroom with a gigantic extended balcony. Woooohooo!!! 🙂 

Signed,

A Happy Camper

• Like 12
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, matt1 said:

Only a lowly GOLD Level here....haven't been on RCI since 2013, and before that only a handful of times. Got all three of my price reduction refunds VERY quickly. Must have to do something with the bank?

Very, very happy with Royal Caribbean right now, especially with all the the price drops (over $1200 worth that allowed me to go from a Deck 11 Inside Stateroom to a Deck 10 Stateroom with a gigantic extended balcony. Woooohooo!!! 🙂 

Signed,

A Happy Camper

Agreed. 

I always use AMEX for all my cruise purchases. Have had many cancellations, only once have waited for more than 10-12 business days for refunds, in that instance I contacted AMEX, they immediately refunded my money and they fought it out with Royal

Any post whose opening sentence is a proclamation of ones C&A status is a red herring in my book. 

• Like 23

I learned a while ago not to sweat the small stuff. 

You have 3 more cruises booked so it appears that the 167 dollars really isnt that significant to you. 

I know its the principal of not getting a reasonable response , but as long as you dont forget about it and follow up with them once a month your blood pressure will thank you . 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Livetocruise0717 said:

Was shortened and I would receive a refund of 167.00 within 30 days.  [snip] I have 3 existing cruises I will be cancelling before 12/30 unless I get My funds returned and receive a call back as I requested from a corporate executive .  Anyone else with these issues?

Hmm, your angry about a $167 refund, so you'll throw a temper tantrum and cancel 3 cruises ... and wait for (and be angry about) more delayed refunds????

Makes total sense ... not!  🙄

• Like 6
  • Haha 14

What is frustrating is when you have a refund owed to you and wait months for it.  Now when a final payment for another cruise is due, it is due that day, or they cancel it on you.  At this time, I would be happy if they just applied my refund to my next cruise with them, but that is not possible, and I will be getting a request to pay several more thousand dollars to them soon.

• Like 4

"Ashamed"....isn't the word you should have used..more like disappointed/upset etc.

Also your C&A level has nothing to do with this.....Why should it??

Cancelling cruises...who cares...but you won't.

Expecting to get a call of apology from an executive.....now that's funny !!

• Like 20
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

"Ashamed"....isn't the word you should have used..more like disappointed/upset etc.

Also your C&A level has nothing to do with this.....Why should it??

Cancelling cruises...who cares...but you won't.

Expecting to get a call of apology from an executive.....now that's funny !!

I couldn't have said it any better. Thank you. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

This isn't new.  Royal has been refunding money for over 18 months and very often its late.  I contacted Bayley's office for mine.  Not sure it helped but I felt like I was doing something.   Btw usually when a cruise is cut short we've gotten the refund as an obc.   Sure this didn't happen? 

3 hours ago, Livetocruise0717 said:

I am a Diamond plus loyal Royal cruiser,  never have I been so ashamed of how Royal is handling refunds.  I was advised 10/1 that my Harmony cruise 10/31    Was shortened and I would receive a refund of 167.00 within 30 days.  Today is day 52.  I have called 3 weeks in a row only to be told Accounting is behind and they cant give me an answer as to when I will see MY money.   U will not be booking any more cruises until Royal does what they promise with refunds. I have 3 existing cruises I will be cancelling before 12/30 unless I get My funds returned and receive a call back as I requested from a corporate executive .  Anyone else with these issues?

Let us know when you get that call from a corporate executive over $167 from a shortened cruise 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Damn…I’m sure the o.p. was looking to garner some sympathy from the faithful followers of Royal Caribbean, but you know where to find sympathy in the dictionary. It’s between sh*t and syphilis. If NEVER booking again with Royal will make you feel vindicated…go for it. There isn’t any love here for those that bash Royal unwarranted. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, shellunderwater said:

Someone who eats too much butterfish?

This is the first I have heard of butterfish.  Looked it up and still, not familiar with it.  Do people really eat it?  If so, is it good?  I almost skipped this post but glad I didn’t.  I like learning about food I haven’t tried.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2