COVID Testing at CVS

Frenchkona

My family is planning on our Christmas cruise next month on the Millennium and I had a question regarding Covid testing. We are planning on going to  our local CVS location 2 days before we board the ship. I am just confused as to which of the tests we should ask for. I would hate to arrive at the ship and find out we took the wrong one. 
Many thanks

4 minutes ago, Frenchkona said:

My family is planning on our Christmas cruise next month on the Millennium and I had a question regarding Covid testing. We are planning on going to  our local CVS location 2 days before we board the ship. I am just confused as to which of the tests we should ask for. I would hate to arrive at the ship and find out we took the wrong one. 
Many thanks

Per Celebrity's website...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/accepted-covid-tests

Edited by davekathy

I've done the CVS rapid test for three cruises this year and no issues whatsoever, so that's the one you want to take. It's self administered and you'll receive results in 30 minutes via a text message link and also an email. Just print be out the results.

• Like 2

And make an appointment in advance.   They schedule appointments 2 weeks in advance.  When scheduling they ask if you want PCR or Rapid Antigen.   Once you select the Rapid Antigen it will show you which clinics have it available.   It appears that in some areas they are not available.   You can also try and see if the Walgreens ID Now tests are available in your area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frenchkona said:

Many thanks

We are signed up for the Rapid-result test (antigen) 

39 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I have and I am also making appointments at Walgreens as a back up to CVS. 

That’s exactly what we have done…have home tests in hand, appts at both CVS and Walgreens on Friday.  None of the CVS near us have the rapid results, but they do offer 1 with results in 24 hours or less. Same for Walgreens…we sail Sunday, so we shall see. We have 4 of the home tests, so I feel confident! 

12 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We have had 3 covid rapid antigen tests this year at CVS all 3 we had results by email within 2 hours.  This is all you need to have, but beware not all CVS locations do the rapid tests.

That is correct.  The CVS closest to us does not offer it but another on, 1/4 mile further away does.  We need to be tested on Thursday December 2nd for our December 4 cruise so we cannot schedule Walgreens until tomorrow at the earliest, as our Walgreens only schedules one week in advance.

My wife and myself sailed on Summit back in September! We were driving down from NY and stopping in Orlando for few days! I made an appointment at a CVS there for a Rapid Antigen test! We arrived early and the test was performed! In 15 minutes we had the results on my email.

You can make a reservation for CVS two weeks in advance... so I would get up early and make your reservation as early as possible. What I am also doing is identifying other places that do walkin testing..just in case something goes wrong with the CVS plan. I did not order the home test because there are a number of options where I live

I have looked and looked and ended up getting an appointment at an urgent care facility.  We live near Tampa and there were no rapid antigen tests anywhere near us.  I gave up after going 50 miles out.  I tried Walgreens too.  The closest place was in Virginia! There is also a tiny testing facility not too far from us just in case.  I really wanted someone other than myself to give the test.

I was just looking at Tampa for my Jan cruise.  There are appointments for ID Now tests at Walgreens tomorrow.  These are accepted by Celebrity.  It was specifically the Nebraska Ave location but they were available at quite a few in the area.

8 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I was just looking at Tampa for my Jan cruise.  There are appointments for ID Now tests at Walgreens tomorrow.  These are accepted by Celebrity.  It was specifically the Nebraska Ave location but they were available at quite a few in the area.

I don't think Walgreens has the rapid test... at least they don't here...in Atl

On 11/24/2021 at 2:59 PM, ETHTrader said:

Make sure you have a backup plan though. I had an appointment scheduled at CVS for a cruise couple of weeks ago and they cancelled the night before. Staff shortage was the reason.

We had the same problem.  We sail this Saturday, and CVS cancelled the test we were supposed to have tomorrow morning last Thursday.  It was a trial to find another test site that could handle us before our flight tomorrow as most appointments were too late in the day.  We ended up going this morning for a PCR and have an antigen test tomorrow as a backup. 

Many people here have had success with the test you purchase from Celebrity. 

Good luck!

5 hours ago, IJustWantToGo36 said:

If you book 2 weeks pout, does that mean you have to pay for the tests, since it is not related to being near an infected person?

Just say you work in health care. They don't verify. Just don't say you want it for travel/

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, IJustWantToGo36 said:

If you book 2 weeks pout, does that mean you have to pay for the tests, since it is not related to being near an infected person?

We booked two weeks out, truthfully said we need it for travel.  Was asked to input our health insurance info.  No payment was required. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1