BINAX NOW - HAVE A BACKUP

bandp407

Happy Thanksgiving to all ! We sail on Saturday & just tried to do the test. We got to the part of closing the card with the swab in it & it didn’t adhere. The proctor told us we could not hold it closed & that our test is invalid!!! She referred us to customer service who took our information & will have someone contact us about a refund.

Tomorrow we will have to scramble a bit to get tested as there are very few options in our area - SW FLORIDA. Hopefully the place we have contacted will work out. 

Just wanted to make our fellow cruisers aware— can’t rely on these tests!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, bandp407 said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all ! We sail on Saturday & just tried to do the test. We got to the part of closing the card with the swab in it & it didn’t adhere. The proctor told us we could not hold it closed & that our test is invalid!!! She referred us to customer service who took our information & will have someone contact us about a refund.

Tomorrow we will have to scramble a bit to get tested as there are very few options in our area - SW FLORIDA. Hopefully the place we have contacted will work out. 

Wow... that is a new one I had not heard of.   Many have advised getting a back up kit or two. 

We only ordered 2 for the 2 of us and were lucky that all went well.   I did have a backup plan just in case.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

How did you get tests with expiry dates into Feb?   When looked at the site yesterday the shipping expiry dates were still only 2/3/2022.

One of my boxes I got to return from Mexico said the expiration dates were extended 3 months.

We also will be traveling from SW Florida to board a cruise in January.  I'd be interested in hearing your experience.

7 minutes ago, ILCruiser said:

We also will be traveling from SW Florida to board a cruise in January.  I'd be interested in hearing your experience.

We will be going to the Medical Lab in Bonita Springs - 239 201 5257. Called them yesterday to confirm they will be open & doing the Rapid Antigen.  Hope this will work for you.  Century Link Sports Complex also does them , but the Holiday created this issue.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bandp407 said:

We will be going to the Medical Lab in Bonita Springs - 239 201 5257. Called them yesterday to confirm they will be open & doing the Rapid Antigen.  Hope this will work for you.  Century Link Sports Complex also does them , but the Holiday created this issue.  

Greetings

We have test scheduled at CVS tomorrow.  We are on the Atlantic side, but CVS should do them there as well.

Good Sailing

Tom

18 minutes ago, Julma said:

Wow, that's a pain.  Thanks for the heads up.  It's worth having extra, you can use them without the proctor.  We have a few extra that my family will be using today before we gather for Thanksgiving.  

Yea.. .we do also.   BTW the non-proctored are less expensive and readily available at most drug stores.   I had my non-proctored reagent solution available just in case -  earlier people were reporting that the reagent applicator was empty.

We used the non-proctored once to pre-test and get comfortable with the process before the monitored test.

You removed the adhesive strip’s covering and the card still wouldn’t stick closed?

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

How did you get tests with expiry dates into Feb?   When looked at the site yesterday the shipping expiry dates were still only 2/3/2022.

We are swapping our 2 tests with friend.  Their tests expire in early February  and their cruise is in December and our tests are still valid.  

I ordered mine from emed  2 weeks ago and received a box of 6 that expire 11/23/21 so good until 2/23/22. There are 3 of us so we each have two plus I have a few of the non proctored also. We will practice with those before the Christmas holiday gatherings. 

4 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Gosh.  First I’ve heard of that problem!  Best wishes for your cruise!

That’s why I posted so others could prepare. It’s added quite a bit of stress! Can’t wait to board the ship!!!!

Thank you for your good wishes!

• Like 1

I bought the 6 pack before I found out they will do for our November cruise but wouldn’t work for a cruise in January.  So we’ve got extras!  We actually used a couple just doing the tests so we’d be pros for the real deal.  Wanted to know how long it took and also neither of us are techies.  

4 hours ago, bandp407 said:

We live in North Naples and recently used a nearby Walgreens for our Summit sailing.  Booked our appointment online quite easily and had our results within an hour of doing the drive-thru test.  CVS also does this testing, but I don't think they release their available appointments until midnight of the same day (at least here in SW FL).

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, colliercruiser said:

We live in North Naples and recently used a nearby Walgreens for our Summit sailing.  Booked our appointment online quite easily and had our results within an hour of doing the drive-thru test.  CVS also does this testing, but I don't think they release their available appointments until midnight of the same day (at least here in SW FL).

Which test did you do at Walgreens?  Was it the Rapid Diagnostic ID Now?