HAL's Black Friday Prices - BE CAREFUL!

PaperSniper4

11 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Thanks for the replies to my query in post #18

I did a test booking. 7 day cruise, April.

1. Not signed in: yes, included is $99 Deposit and tips with cruise only booking. 

2. Signed in with Mariner number:  pricing is $$50.00 less pp than #1, but the $99 deposit and tips are not included with cruise only booking.

Most interesting!

That is interesting.  I just tried it too.  The crew incentive does disappear.

Edited by Florida_gal_50

The promotion terms exclude "summer 2023" sailings; those sailings are (mistakenly?) listed in the "Black Friday" drop down menu, albeit without the Black Friday sale notation in the upper left of the page for that sailing.

On 11/26/2021 at 9:40 PM, Laminator said:

Maybe you misunderstood. 

If you click on the link of the graphic below that is on the home page all of the cruises that show up are Black Friday Specials. As I stated earlier there are 52 pages of them. If the link doesn't work for you on Firefox then there are more issues than a logo not appearing.

image.thumb.png.c0ceac12d32a8cfcd89bdb4bb39dbaae.png

What is "crew appreciation"?

I have Firefox, Chrome and Edge all loaded and available on my taskbar for precisely this reason. If something doesn't seem to be working right using one browser, I can quickly switch to another for (hopefully) different/better results.

• Like 1

Was the 99.00 deposit per person refundable or nonrefundable with the Black Friday sale.  We were looking at the "best price" that includes the crew appreciation and  not the Have It All price.  Still  have a few hours to go.

1 hour ago, S&B said:

Was the 99.00 deposit per person refundable or nonrefundable with the Black Friday sale.  We were looking at the "best price" that includes the crew appreciation and  not the Have It All price.  Still  have a few hours to go.

Non refundable is what I saw

Thanks, Benny.  That is what I also saw but when you go to the actual booking it there is nothing that tells you that.  It seems to be in the fine print when you click on the Black Friday Sale.  I wanted to make sure I was reading it correctly and have another opinion.

Cheers!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S&B said:

Fully non-refundable unless you purchase a Cancellation Protection Plan at the time of booking. Of course, that brings the required deposit above the $99.

We rebooked  using the Black Friday sale ,Koningsdam ,jan31,2023 Hawaii ,18 night sale . Our TA got us the upgraded handicap cabin  on deck 8  ,ppd gratuities included ,a $250 OBC .She saved us $160 cruise over cruise booking & I do not need a Club Orange upgrade ,so getting back the $540  we previously paid to get the cabin upgrade in Club Orange . This is a sweet deal 😄

It is still good to know that Club Orange can be added post booking if any one wants or needs a better cabin  & the Club Orange other perks

4 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

We rebooked  using the Black Friday sale ,Koningsdam ,jan31,2023 Hawaii ,18 night sale . Our TA got us the upgraded handicap cabin  on deck 8  ,ppd gratuities included ,a $250 OBC .She saved us $160 cruise over cruise booking & I do not need a Club Orange upgrade ,so getting back the $540  we previously paid to get the cabin upgrade in Club Orange . This is a sweet deal 😄

It is still good to know that Club Orange can be added post booking if any one wants or needs a better cabin  & the Club Orange other perks

Prepaid gratuities for 18 days.  I noticed HAL says the "value" of the crew appreciation is $100 pp.  Is "crew appreciation" the same as "gratuities"?

Edited by SilvertoGold

22 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Prepaid gratuities for 18 days.  I noticed HAL says the "value" of the crew appreciation is $100 pp.  Is "crew appreciation" the same as "gratuities"?

It should cover gratuities for the full length of the sailing even though this is more than a $100 value. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zgscl said:

It should cover gratuities for the full length of the sailing even though this is more than a $100 value. 

The gratuities for a 18 night sailing on HAL is about $30 per day per cabin other than suites . Thus 18 nights X $30 = $540 just in the free gratuities  .then we saved a Club Orange fee of another $540  & a lower price of $160 &  on board credit of $250  .when we add up all the savings ,it equals $1490  .This is why is was a sweet deal for us on this cruise for Jan 31 ,2023 ;as long as we can take it  with no strings from the virus stopping us

8 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

The gratuities for a 18 night sailing on HAL is about $30 per day per cabin other than suites .

Gratuities are never charged on a per cabin basis; they are charged per person. In non-suites (your example), the gratuities are $15.50 per person/per night. 
Only if there are two people in a cabin would the charge be $31/night. If there is one person, the gratuities are $15.50; three people would be $46.50. 

It's important for those who don't know to be given accurate information. Not everyone travels as a couple in the cabin. 

• Like 1

That is interesting, but not surprising. I also did a similar test about a decade ago on HAL’s site. I logged in with my credentials as a 3 or 4 star Mariner. I then logged in for my grandmother who only has been in one HAL cruise. For the same cruise, her fare was $50 less than mine. So much for my Mariner loyalty!

5 hours ago, RuthC said:

Gratuities are never charged on a per cabin basis; they are charged per person. In non-suites (your example), the gratuities are $15.50 per person/per night. 
Only if there are two people in a cabin would the charge be $31/night. If there is one person, the gratuities are $15.50; three people would be $46.50. 

It's important for those who don't know to be given accurate information. Not everyone travels as a couple in the cabin. 

Ruth now HAL gratuities are the highest in the main line cruise lines at $31  per  couple  per day   of tax free income .  HAL recently raised  those gratuities . Now if oil  prices keep rising they will add the surcharge back   . Perhaps they want there future cruise ships sailing  like a private yacht 

2 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Ruth now HAL gratuities are the highest in the main line cruise lines at $31  per  couple  per day   of tax free income .  HAL recently raised  those gratuities . Now if oil  prices keep rising they will add the surcharge back   . Perhaps they want there future cruise ships sailing  like a private yacht 

You missed the point of the post you are replying to. 

Sorry, I am still confused and my TA has no answer.  Is the Crew Appreciation 100.00 as stated in the Black Friday sale or is it gratuities for the whole cruise.  Has anyone had a definite answer from their TA or from HAL?  Thanks.

@KAKcruiserI also think the $100 comment on the website is actually a mistake, but they have had WEEKS to correct the wording!!!  I'm sure lots of people have been asking them about it and you would think they would rather correct/clarify the wording just to stop the hassle of answering everyone's questions!  But, that might make too much sense...........😉