Diamond drink voucher: Another question.

SlightDraw

11 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

They do (personal experience) but they will give it back if you visit the Voom desk on board and ask for it back (also personal experience). 

Thanks for the additional detail. It didn't make sense (at least to me) that you would loose the C&A internet perk/benefit. I also believe it shouldn't ever disappear from our Seapass card(s) as the Voom package has absolutely nothing to do with our C&A internet perk/benefit.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Thanks for the additional detail. It didn't make sense (at least to me) that you would loose the C&A internet perk/benefit. I also believe it shouldn't ever disappear from our Seapass card(s) as the Voom package has absolutely nothing to do with our C&A internet perk/benefit.  

Exactly. 

I did not realise they did this until I tried to connect DH's device using my free day and wasn't able to do so. If I remember right it threw up an error message that said I already had an account, so I wasn't able to set up a new one to get access to free day. The Voom man on board sorted it in about 3 clicks.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Apparently RCI changed (or is ignoring) the rules for Deluxe packages. 

So ... [Emily Littella]  Nevermind [/Emily Littella].

If anyone is sharing their purchased BP (alcoholic or not) that's a no, no. If one person in the cabin has the DBP and the other has one of the three other non alcoholic packages but not sharing, no harm, no foul. Not skirting the rules. Nothing new so RC isn't ignoring anything.  If someone wants to share their allotted C&A daily drinks with anyone they can. Totally acceptable. 

I do like Emily Litella. RIP.  

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

If anyone is sharing their purchased BP (alcoholic or not) that's a no, no. If one person in the cabin has the DBP and the other has one of the three other non alcoholic packages but not sharing, no harm, no foul. Not skirting the rules. Nothing new so RC isn't ignoring anything.  If someone wants to share their allotted C&A daily drinks with anyone they can. Totally acceptable. 

I do like Emily Litella. RIP.  

I was referring to the DBP / Refreshment exception.  It used to be that in order to get that exception, the other person had to explain that they don't drink alcohol.  And if that was the case, then using the drink vouchers (for alcohol) for the person with the refreshment package is skirting the rules.  But apparently you can now just call and ask for DBP / Refreshment combo without an alcohol exemption.  So, nevermind.  😄  

7 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I was referring to the DBP / Refreshment exception.  It used to be that in order to get that exception, the other person had to explain that they don't drink alcohol.  And if that was the case, then using the drink vouchers (for alcohol) for the person with the refreshment package is skirting the rules.  But apparently you can now just call and ask for DBP / Refreshment combo without an alcohol exemption.  So, nevermind.  😄  

No it's not! Never was. 

RC offers 4 different drink packages and there isn't a DBP/refreshment combo.  The 4 are, DBP, RP, CSP and WP. 

Edited by davekathy

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

No it's not!

RC offers 4 different drink packages and there isn't a DBP/refreshment combo.  The 4 are, DBP, RP, CSP and WP. 

You are still not understanding.  If you order the DBP via Cruise Planner,  every adult in the cabin has to order it.  You can call and order 1 DBP and 1 Refreshment package.  In the past in order to do that, you had to state that the other person does not drink alcohol.  So, [in the past] using the drink vouchers for the Refreshment person WAS skirting the rules.  However, apparently you no longer have to use the no alcohol exemption to get the "combo".  So, [now] the Refreshment person is not skirting the rules.  Understand? 

• Like 1

Yes, this is skirting the rules, if you are going to do it, at least own it.  However, as this happens more and more, Royal will stop allowing the exceptions more and more.  So eventually people who really don't drink will end up paying the price.  It is the same logic that was used and caused the everyone over 21 in the cabin policy in the first place.

Op-have you done the math to see if any packages are needed?  Of course you get your 4 anytime drinks. Will your other drinks likely be in excess of the daily cost of  a drink and a refreshment package? Are you better off not having a package and paying for whatever you drink over 4 drinks?   Just a thought?  

m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

You are still not understanding.  If you order the DBP via Cruise Planner,  every adult in the cabin has to order it.  You can call and order 1 DBP and 1 Refreshment package.  In the past in order to do that, you had to state that the other person does not drink alcohol.  So, [in the past] using the drink vouchers for the Refreshment person WAS skirting the rules.  However, apparently you no longer have to use the no alcohol exemption to get the "combo".  So, [now] the Refreshment person is not skirting the rules.  Understand? 

Correct. When ordering the DBP  in the CP for everyone  21 y/o and older  in the cabin. Then you call RC and make your request to change whoever in the cabin to the RP. No begging. Simple request that was/is honored. Nothing new. 

No it wasn't and still isn't. You have always been able to share/give your 3 (pre covid) C&A HH drinks loaded on your Seapass card to anyone (non D, D+, P) at at any of the bars/lounges. 

It is obvious you are the one that is dazed and confused! I'm not the only one on this thread that has tried (unsuccessfully) to make you understand that. I believe you are mixing/confusing the two. 

Agree, you are skirting the rules if you have the DBP and are sharing it with others that don't have the DBP. Before and current. 

1 hour ago, MrMarc said:

Yes, this is skirting the rules, if you are going to do it, at least own it.  However, as this happens more and more, Royal will stop allowing the exceptions more and more.  So eventually people who really don't drink will end up paying the price.  It is the same logic that was used and caused the everyone over 21 in the cabin policy in the first place.

Skirting the rules if sharing the DBP, not your C&A drinks loaded on your Seapass card. 

27 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Skirting the rules if sharing the DBP, not your C&A drinks loaded on your Seapass card. 

I was talking about getting the refreshment package, which I thought they would only do if you told them the other person didn't drink.  I don't see anything about sharing the Diamond drinks.

14 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

I was talking about getting the refreshment package, which I thought they would only do if you told them the other person didn't drink.  I don't see anything about sharing the Diamond drinks.

You need to go back to post #1 by @SlightDraw. DBP, RP and  C&A vouchers were discussed and this thread evolved from there. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, MrMarc said:

Diamond drink vouchers don't have to be used for alcoholic drinks.

• Like 1

The Diamond drinks pre-covid were for you to use if you were cruising with friends who could not go into the Diamond Lounge.  You could also enjoy a drink other than in the Diamond lounge.  It was never intended for you to share with others, willy nilly.  It was a "perk" for you, not your non-Diamond friends and never intended for such.  To infer it was for you to share with your non-Diamond friends is a misnomer.  Same for the new 4,5,6 drink perk.

I know this to be true because I read it on cruise critic.  😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

The Diamond drinks pre-covid were for you to use if you were cruising with friends who could not go into the Diamond Lounge.  You could also enjoy a drink other than in the Diamond lounge.  It was never intended for you to share with others, willy nilly.  It was a "perk" for you, not your non-Diamond friends and never intended for such.  To infer it was for you to share with your non-Diamond friends is a misnomer.  Same for the new 4,5,6 drink perk.

I know this to be true because I read it on cruise critic.  😉

Makes sense to me. I'm pretty sure one day they will enforce it better

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

They did, but if you call and plead with them that your wife doesn't drink, they will let you purchase the drink package and she has to purchase the refreshment package.

P.S. It makes NO sense if you have the Deluxe Beverage Package you have D drinks loaded on your seapass.  They'll figure it out.

Actually this is no longer the case.  No need to plead, etc.   If you call and ask to purchase one deluxe and one refreshment, they do not ask for a reason.  They just require a refreshment package be purchased.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SlightDraw said:

I really think Royal is relaxing the rule. The subject if my wife does or does not drink never came up. And there was no pleading, really easy.

This might be worth a shot.  Between the vouchers and the Suite Lounge that's all the drink I tend to use as I'm not exactly planning to load up and go hit the treadmill, but DW cuts loose to a considerably greater degree.  When they let us book just one, we'd maintain the "spirit of the law" but on occasions where a well-tipped bartender or one who serves in the Suite Lounge in the evenings slipped me a freebie on his own... well, to refuse would be rude 😉 

But to answer prior questions, yes, even with the package we'd still have the vouchers showing on our Seapass card.  Even the bartenders would be "that doesn't make a whole lot of sense..."

11 hours ago, FionaMG said:

They do (personal experience) but they will give it back if you visit the Voom desk on board and ask for it back (also personal experience). 

How does this work? We have been using our 2 days each and then buying the internet for the rest of the time. Is there a better way to do it?

26 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

How does this work? We have been using our 2 days each and then buying the internet for the rest of the time. Is there a better way to do it?

You are doing it right, that other poster is talking about the inability to use the D discount if you already bought a package. 

18 hours ago, SlightDraw said:

I will have a deluxe drink package. My question is do I have to say “do not use vouchers” every time I get a drink. Our plan is using my wife’s and my vouchers for her,  understanding that I can share my vouchers. So yes, we purchased a deluxe beverage package for myself and a refreshment package for my wife.

If you have a deluxe drink package, almost every bartender will not use your vouchers......for one reason......auto-tip.