Disruptive People on Summit kicked off

Bill Miller

4 minutes ago, D C said:

Self-limiting drunk college students is a far cry from those who set out for the sole purpose of being total a*****es to other cruisers 

5n cruises during college spring breaks are to be avoided imho as travel agents often buy/sell blocks of rooms, advertised as drinks included. 

They were a*****es and the 21 and above had drink packages for the minors.  The inside cabins were booked for 4 and they chipped in for the one 21 yr old per cabin drinks package.  As I said, it ended quickly.

3 minutes ago, Oville said:

They were a*****es and the 21 and above had drink packages for the minors.  The inside cabins were booked for 4 and they chipped in for the one 21 yr old per cabin drinks package.  As I said, it ended quickly.

Yup. That happens far too often.  Focused though on the drinks, and you got the a*****eness as a free bonus. 

There's a rant on the backwards (imho) drinking laws in the US at play here, but that's well beyond the topic of this thread. 

13 minutes ago, D C said:

Yup. That happens far too often.  Focused though on the drinks, and you got the a*****eness as a free bonus. 

There's a rant on the backwards (imho) drinking laws in the US at play here, but that's well beyond the topic of this thread. 

I think it was the last Connie cruise that this behavior happened.

18 minutes ago, Oville said:

I think it was the last Connie cruise that this behavior happened.

There have been a few incidents with college students during spring break over the years on cruise out of both Florida and the Gulf.  These are isolated and far different from the a**holes who flew in from Canada and California with the sole intention of being tossed off the ship.  Since YouTube and TikTok have taken away the money from clicks, certainly seems this will not be repeated.  Understand CLIA is now sharing names of those tossed off cruise ships so even the Carnival party cruises will likely be not happen for these and other disruptors.

• Like 3

On 11/30/2021 at 11:22 AM, bajathree said:

You might want to look what his net worth at 22 is.....this is why people do this stuff...

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3335156/stevewilldoits-net-worth/

A 22 year-old with a net worth of $2.5M for acting like a j@ck@$$.  Is there any wonder why much of the rest of the world looks upon us as "Ugly Americans"?

Edited by The Traveling Man
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

Is there any wonder why much of the rest of the world looks upon us as "Ugly Americans"?

Geez, pretty harsh critique of your fellow Americans. Was it something you ate? Hope you feel better about yourself soon.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Plus I get to watch any of my grandson's hockey games that I might miss.

Sounds great---

My curiosity -- Does he play for the Senators, one of my two favorite teams ?

( Both are struggling, Big Time ).

• Haha 1

On 11/29/2021 at 5:20 PM, missnd said:

So that's what was happening.  I was on Millennium yesterday in Nassau and saw from my balcony a group of people and their luggage standing on the pier as the Summit sailed away.  They were still there when we left a good 30+ minutes later.

I too saw this. Our cabin was on the port side. I counted 12 people with luggage just hanging out on the dock while the Summit sailed away. They didn't seem to be looking for any transportation anywhere.

• Like 1

Whatever their goal was has been achieved. Many people talking about it. I did not know this happened until I saw this thread. I mean it clearly worked because it has its own stories all over several social media outlets including this thread that is already 4 pages of comments and counting. They still achieved their goal in the end!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

Bill, have you traveled much?  Do you not know that many in this world judge all Americans by the actions of a handful of doofuses like this?

Oh actually I expect that they judge American tourists by a lot more than just those folks.  Things like not even trying to understand local culture.  The tendency to dress very differently to the locals (tennis shoes, shorts, baseball caps everywhere). The tendency to act like everyone should know English and get upset when they don't. A general tendency to act rushed and often rude compared to local interaction. There are a lot of reasons why American tourists are judged far beyond a few doofuses as you put it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, nocl said:

Oh actually I expect that they judge American tourists by a lot more than just those folks.  Things like not even trying to understand local culture.  The tendency to dress very differently to the locals (tennis shoes, shorts, baseball caps everywhere). The tendency to act like everyone should know English and get upset when they don't. A general tendency to act rushed and often rude compared to local interaction. There are a lot of reasons why American tourists are judged far beyond a few doofuses as you put it.

Sadly, I have to agree with you, and admit that I am sometimes guilty of some of those same infractions.  But doesn't the OP's subject make for the perfect whipping boy for these faults?  Seriously, how doofus can one person (or group of a dozen) be?

• Like 1

Just now, The Traveling Man said:

Sadly, I have to agree with you, and admit that I am sometimes guilty of some of those same infractions.  But doesn't the OP's subject make for the perfect whipping boy for these faults?  Seriously, how doofus can one person (or group of a dozen) be?

Hopefully they will be permanently banned.  But then again you had the person that got by the vaccination checks and made a big thing posting the video when they got kicked off.  People want attention no matter what level of stupidity they have to demonstrate to get it.

12 minutes ago, nocl said:

Hopefully they will be permanently banned.  But then again you had the person that got by the vaccination checks and made a big thing posting the video when they got kicked off.  People want attention no matter what level of stupidity they have to demonstrate to get it.

Are you familiar with the comedic musings of Ron White?

5 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Sounds great---

My curiosity -- Does he play for the Senators, one of my two favorite teams ?

( Both are struggling, Big Time ).

He's only 12, so even a proud grandfather would be hard-pressed to predict future stardom! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 4

On 11/29/2021 at 10:10 PM, WonderMan3 said:

Just go to YouTube and search under “kicked off cruise” and sort by most recent and you’ll find the morons. They posted their videos on TikTok apparently but someone shared some of that content to YouTube. And yes, he says in the video their goal was to get kicked off the cruise. Hopefully all cruise lines share their names and ban them for life.

WOW! You can actually sort YouTube videos. 🤯

OK, but how do they post their videos on a mint candy? 🤔

😁

Edited by DirtyDawg

9 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

A 22 year-old with a net worth of $2.5M for acting like a j@ck@$$.  Is there any wonder why much of the rest of the world looks upon us as "Ugly Americans"?

I just don’t understand your thinking. You generalize a nation on a incident. From my experience with locals the rest of the world doesn’t think of Americans like you portray. Calm down and savor life my friend.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, glmacruise said:

I just don’t understand your thinking. You generalize a nation on a incident. From my experience with locals the rest of the world doesn’t think of Americans like you portray. Calm down and savor life my friend.

I think you have completely missed the point.  The fact is that many, many people around the world already do generalize negative feelings about Americans.  I am not the one who has initiated this odium toward Americans.  It exists.  It is fact.  Simply do an internet search for "ugly American" and you will find references to it going back for decades.  It is a millstone around the necks of all of us, brought on by the few, like those idiots the OP referenced, who have given a bad name to all the rest of us.  My remarks were directed simply to those doofuses who keep reminding others in the world of the negative stereotypes that falsely have been assigned to the rest of us.  Does that make it any more clear?  I simply wish that we didn't have to put up with the numbskulls who perpetrate this sort of nonsense.  I am happy that the captain promptly gave them the old heave-ho.  Too bad we live in a world where it even was necessary for him to do so.

• Like 1

I did look for the video.  I don't mind clicking on it, especially since they are demonetized.

For the most part, I am against YouTube demonetizing videos for freedom of speech issues, but when people act like absolute disruptive fools, well sure, that makes sense.

If they were being disruptive, sounds like some karma is coming back their way.

I had an attractive female friend who was making over $1,000,000 per year from YouTube monetization.  She also got some kind of a cosmetics deal from it.  She told me that her biggest fear was that people would stop watching her videos.  Then one day, about 2 years ago, she simply stopped uploading videos.  Not sure why, as most videos were routinely getting millions of hits.  I don't think my friend was demonetized, but for some, getting demonetized is a really big deal.

Edited by Stockjock

As a U.S. Citizen, do not have this self loathing for being American as some suggest here.  For work and pleasure, I’ve been fortunate enough to visit all 7 continents.  I have never had anyone from any of these places denigrate me or my family.  As a matter of fact, most had a healthy interest in me as a citizen and my life in the U.S.A.  I don’t understand anyone who doubts or has this sort of paranoia about others not liking them, or us, as a people.  If there are any, they are minuscule in numbers, and really not worth our time to interface with.

Regarding the YouTubers, glad they are demonetized.  Whenever someone’s “actions” interferes with others, be it on a cruise ship, in a grocery store, on a plane, etc, they should not be rewarded, but should be penalized (which it sounds like these people were).

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1