Disruptive People on Summit kicked off

Bill Miller

Thing is, both Tik Tok and YouTube monetize views. If they already have a following, it might be OK financially.  If they have a Patreon, they have paid subscribers/supporters. And if the stunt increases views on future content, it could be a loss leader. Strange days. Kind of living one of those dystopian novels…

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

We watched from Millie the next berth over as we sailed away with an entire group of people and their luggage on the pier in Nassau. I have pictures and almost posted them here however, I’ve decided not to (sadly). 

My 4ni Millie Cruise from FLL same days had some rowdy types as well, with over 1600 guests on board. Having been on her 4 times since the restart inaugural in June, some of our crew friends openly were counting the hours until the voyage was over due to the rudeness and behavior of alot of the passenger group. Insides and Oceans were going for 200$pp for a while which I found a bit cringy last month. 

Too bad they did not get left in a couple other ports I can think of.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, markeb said:

Thing is, both Tik Tok and YouTube monetize views. If they already have a following, it might be OK financially.  If they have a Patreon, they have paid subscribers/supporters. And if the stunt increases views on future content, it could be a loss leader. Strange days. Kind of living one of those dystopian novels…

sign of the times people getting paid to be obnoxious.  ON the other hand many people are willing to be obnoxious for free.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

34 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Tiktok may monetize clicks, but it would take a zillion views to recoup their cruise fare and plane tickets

You maybe underestimating what some of these people can make. According to this, in 2020 top influencers were making close to $50K per post.....and I assume much more now as it has grown steadily

https://manofmany.com/lifestyle/highest-paid-tiktok-stars-in-2020

There is no shortage of morons out there trying to get as many hits as possible. 

'

Whether it's these stunts or legitimate cruise bloggers (come of which I watch), I really do feel for cruise staff who my start feeling like their job makes them involuntary cast members for others reality show.

• Like 2

Definitely click on their YouTube video if you want to:

A-Encourage disruptive behavior 

B-Want to hear the F word used often

C-Flow them as they move to more disruptive and illegal antics

I hope Celebrity passes their details on so they cannot do this again on again.  Sounds just like the idiots doing smash and grab lately.

Thanks to the CC member that reported to me on the video contents.  

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Definitely click on their YouTube video if you want to:

A-Encourage disruptive behavior 

B-Want to hear the F word used often

C-Flow them as they move to more disruptive and illegal antics

I hope Celebrity passes their details on so they cannot do this again on again.  Sounds just like the idiots doing smash and grab lately.

Thanks to the CC member that reported to me on the video contents.  

Well said.  No need for us to click on their YouTube video and give them hits.  That was what they were going for so why give them what they want?  I encourage people here on CC not to go to their YouTube posts.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Couldn't find it.  Saw the one about the "Angry Karen Positive Covid" being kicked off.  But, that was dated a few months ago.

No matter.  I don't mind people doing YouTube videos on board.  Heck, I've made a few videos to post here at CC.

But, if you're being a nuisance to other passengers, there is no reason to allow someone/some people to continue.

1 minute ago, songbird1329 said:

I saw only a small portion of their offerings, but clearly they hoped to be kicked off.

exactly, it's what they do.  I don't believe either of these links would monetize them...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelk

https://cloutnews.com/nelk-boys-kicked-out-on-the-first-day-of-their-4-day-bahamas-cruise-trip/

Edited by PTC DAWG

Hope their unplanned flight back home from the Bahamas is super expensive.

From the video, it looks like about 15 young people were in this group that got put off. (Could you imagine your daughter dating one of these knuckleheads?)  Hopefully, they will learn from this expensive lesson.  Unfortunately, I imagine for the Tik-Toker who staged & filmed this, it is all just part of doing business.

So glad the ship handled it early and decisively..

Edited by Ferry_Watcher
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

Pretty expensive way to get clicks.

And I imagine they’ll never be allowed on any celebrity ship ever again, nor probably on any Royal Caribbean ship either.

You might want to look what his net worth at 22 is.....this is why people do this stuff...

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3335156/stevewilldoits-net-worth/