Disruptive People on Summit kicked off

Bill Miller

While I admit these kinds of things always pique my curiosity, please don't give them any more attention beyond your own personal interest (don't mention to friends/family). Word of mouth spreads rapidly which drives more and more people to go look at their antics which only reinforces these idiots drives to keep making this type of content.

What's more, if this gains too much popularity, you can be assured other "influencers" (B.S.) will ride this wagon and cause us all headaches until the next fad..

Just my two cents, though.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Hopefully someday they'll stick their camera in the face of the wrong person. 

And the "wrong person" will get charged with assault, and sued. And probably lose on both counts. And they'll make money off the story of being punched, and off the person who punched them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm amazed that in a world where the Kardashians can become rich and famous for being rich and famous that people don't understand this. YouTube and TikTok both pay content producers based on subscribers, likes, and clicks, and other elements of their algorithms. I'd never heard of NELK until today, and I'm not going to YouTube looking for them because that's an extra click. One source I saw said that YouTube pays $0.18 per 1000 views, so if my math is right that's $180 per million views. I don't think that's 1 view per IP, so if the same person watches the video multiple times, that counts. And they can almost certainly make money from both YouTube and TikTok for essentially the same content.

In this case, they've found a niche for now in outrageous provocation, and are clearly making money. And the publicity from the stunt causes people to go to YouTube and TikTok looking for the video, which makes it even more profitable.

And I wouldn't be too worried about cruising; they'll do something else next time. Being predictable would be bad for business.

But I will echo the advice to not go looking for their videos; you're just feeding the beast when you click on them.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

exactly, it's what they do.  I don't believe either of these links would monetize them...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelk

https://cloutnews.com/nelk-boys-kicked-out-on-the-first-day-of-their-4-day-bahamas-cruise-trip/

According to Wikipedia Youtube de-monitized their posts on that platform  because of their behavior.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

exactly, it's what they do.  I don't believe either of these links would monetize them...

https://cloutnews.com/nelk-boys-kicked-out-on-the-first-day-of-their-4-day-bahamas-cruise-trip/

Glad to not be part of their target audience. 

also from Wiki:

YouTube announced a decision to totally demonitize the Nelk YouTube account in addition to most of their specific videos, so that no money could be earned from YouTube on the account whatsoever. They attributed the decision to the platform's Creator Responsibility Policy, which mandates that creators do not engage in “on- and/or off-platform behavior [that] harms our users, community, employees or ecosystem," 

• Like 17

1 hour ago, markeb said:

And the "wrong person" will get charged with assault, and sued. And probably lose on both counts. And they'll make money off the story of being punched, and off the person who punched them. 

Who said anything about punching, assaulting or anything physical. If the jerk sticks the camera in the wrong persons face and is warned to back off and doesn't game on. 

Edited by davekathy

Glad YouTube is learning.  The Summit Captain is absolutely wonderful.  Some years ago had his young daughter on board.  She grabbed my toy Moose- yes I'm the one that travels with a moose- and ran off.  The next day I was asked to go the the Captain's cabin and find a similar moose on EBay.   Took a while as had it shipped to a future port agent.  Next night we had dinner with the Captain and was given access to Michael's Club for the duration of our cruise.  Looking forward to seeing him again soon.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Just go to YouTube and search under “kicked off cruise” and sort by most recent and you’ll find the morons. They posted their videos on TikTok apparently but someone shared some of that content to YouTube. And yes, he says in the video their goal was to get kicked off the cruise. Hopefully all cruise lines share their names and ban them for life.

I'm dying of curiosity but refuse to add to their views count.  What the heck is wrong with some people?!  Rude, inconsiderate,  childish,  selfish,  the list goes on.

• Like 2

ParoDeeJay, who are YouTube vloggers, are respectable to other passengers, and do a great cruising vlog , are on the ship now. They did mention on their live video, there was a group of pranksters (I don’t know their YouTube name) that were on board, and tried to prank them in the elevator. Jay, who is always very kind, did mention it really wasn’t very funny, and was a dumb prank. I’m wondering if this was the group that got kicked off. They usually post their vlogs after they have sailed, so I’m sure he and Dee will mention it.

Edit…..

They do mention Nelk and prank on them at about 6:15 mark.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Isn't Youtube what we used to use back in 2010?  Does anyone watch it anymore?

I use it to remind me (again and again) how to tie my bow tie!!  But I sneak on it and don’t let anyone know I’m using it….

Den

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Isn't Youtube what we used to use back in 2010?  Does anyone watch it anymore?

Actually I watched YouTube to see video tours of S1 suites on Apex and Edge since I’m booked in one on Beyond in October. 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 5:31 PM, Bill Miller said:

mfs2k, The Captain is the Judge & Jury. His verdict left the miscreants on the dock. Court recessed.

Agree

Captain is the Master of the Ship..

Responsible  for  safety and well being of ALL pax!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Sad reflection on society when these sorts of f******ds are financially rewarded for their idiocy. 

Sometimes, stupid isn't painful enough. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Like this is nothing new.  We were on two short cruises (b2b) a number of years ago.  It was Florida College Spring Break and one TA targeted a University in central FL.  These kids were passed out during the muster drill.  It was so bad that the captain made most people show there drivers licenses before being served which solved the problem.  What turned out worse on that cruise was having to hear everyone complaining about them at every bar and dinner we went to.  The Constellation did these cruises for years and I’m guessing they will continue to do so for revenue purposes.

Edited by Oville

8 minutes ago, Oville said:

Like this is nothing new.  We were on two short cruises (b2b) a number of years ago.  It was Florida College Spring Break and one TA targeted a University on central FL.  These kids were passed out during the muster drill.  It was so bad that the captain made most people show there drivers licenses before being served which solved the problem.  What turned out worse on that cruise was having to hear everyone complaining about them at every bar and dinner we went to.  The Constellation did these cruises for years and I’m guessing they will continue to do so for revenue purposes.

Self-limiting drunk college students is a far cry from those who set out for the sole purpose of being total a*****es to other cruisers 

5n cruises during college spring breaks are to be avoided imho as travel agents often buy/sell blocks of rooms, advertised as drinks included. 

Edited by D C

3 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Mid-70s, and I watch a wide variety of material on a daily basis. In spite of all the garbage, there's a great deal of useful information. Plus I get to watch any of my grandson's hockey games that I might miss.

I quite enjoy it for music videos.  

• Like 2