Live From Whisper.......12/2

Lois R

Hi Lois:  If you happen across any Canadians on this cruise, we would like to know what they are doing about PCR testing to return to Canada.  Have drawn a blank with Silversea.  Probably unlikely that there are any Canadians on the ship, but just thought I'd ask.

My husband and I board the Whisper on the 17th also...hope we can meet.

On 12/2/2021 at 11:35 AM, DCCruiser57 said:

Lois - safe travels.  We board the Whisper on 12/17.  Quick question about the closet space 0 does the walk in still have a double hanging rod next to the door or have they removed it like they did on the Shadow?

Thanks!

Hi, the closest question? One bar goes across. Plenty of room for me😀

And I don't know that I have met any Canadians. Sorry, can't answer that one..

Today we are in St Thomas. Haven't been here in many years. Booked a tour for 1:00. Highlights and a rum tasting😀

Tonight I am eating in LaDame with a nice English couple I met. Should be fun. Last night they had music and dancing at the pool with lots of chocolates.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Today we are in St Thomas. Haven't been here in many years. Booked a tour for 1:00. Highlights and a rum tasting.  Tonight I am eating in LaDame with a nice English couple I met. Should be fun. Last night they had music and dancing at the pool with lots of chocolates.

Appreciate these great details and excellent efforts to keep us posted.  Sounds like great fun!!  If you have not already shared, how full is this sailing?

Great to hear that Jimmy K from Conn. has been promoted up to being the HD.  Remember Jimmy from sailing with him on the Silver Cloud in July 2010 while doing the Norway Coast up to the Top of Europe.  From the picture below, it does not look as if Jimmy has aged much.  Right?  Is he still charming and fully of energy?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 243,132 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Here is Jimmy as Silver Cloud CD in July 2010 while sailing late at night in the "Land of the Midnight Sun" along the Norway Coast.  Does this bring back Jimmy memories for others?:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see this visual larger/better!)

DSC_2447.thumb.jpeg.6de458abfbcf10ad6a56ee62982fb50c.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Terry, I was told this leg has 299 guests on board. When we dock in Barbados later in the week I don't know how many are disembarking or how many new folks are  coming on board. But many of us are here for the full 15 days.

4 minutes ago, docmark said:

Lois

Please tell us about your La Dame dinner, so far, I have noted positive and some negative from prior commentary 

Thanks

Hi will post later but I was very 😞 disappointed. Not one of my better experiences for sure.

Lois- so glad to see you enjoying yourself on yet another cruise! So jealous, but so happy for you …..able to take so many cruises this year, helps make up for all those covid months with no cruising😉

Continue to have a safe and relaxing journey. And thank you once again for sharing your experience with others 😊

liz

Edited by bobolz

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi will post later but I was very 😞 disappointed. Not one of my better experiences for sure.

5 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Sounds like the 3 hour plus sub par experience on the Moon, good job it was OBC. Our friends who went demanded and got their money back.

2 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Lovely dinner in La Dame this evening.

Fabulous food!

So I think we need a Webinar to sort this out.  Same ship?  Same night?  Or did they sort it out before Spins experience?

Hi, my lamb was totally undercooked. Medium is not raw. And the menu says Rack of Lamb and this was 1 lamb chop and that is not a rack. By the time the waiter brought it back cooked nearly correct, my table mates had finished their entrees.

I am glad Spins had a lovely dinner. That is how all the meals should be as well. I can't pretend this was for me but I am still having an overall lovely cruise!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

So I think we need a Webinar to sort this out.  Same ship?  Same night?  Or did they sort it out before Spins experience?

Hi Jazz, we went on different nights on the same ship. What can I say? I am giving my honest opinion of my meal. 

11 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

That doesn’t sound like you to be disappointed Lois. What a shame. I Hope the rest of the trip is amazing for you. 

I am having a great time Davey😀thanks. One less than stellar meal won't change that for me.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bobolz said:

Lois- so glad to see you enjoying yourself on yet another cruise! So jealous, but so happy for you …..able to take so many cruises this year, helps make up for all those covid months with no cruising😉

Continue to have a safe and relaxing journey. And thank you once again for sharing your experience with others 😊

liz

Hi Liz, thank you😀

On 12/2/2021 at 3:35 PM, DCCruiser57 said:

Lois - safe travels.  We board the Whisper on 12/17.  Quick question about the closet space 0 does the walk in still have a double hanging rod next to the door or have they removed it like they did on the Shadow?

Thanks!

Ours actually has the double hanging bar on the half near the door (i.e., one bar all the way across the top and a lower bar across one half). I guess some have it and some don't. 

We've had a wonderful time meeting and chatting with you, @Lois R (as well as @spinnaker2 and her DH, @CruiserFromMaine and his DW, and many others on board)!

This has been a very nice cruise! My only complaint is that the wifi can be glacially slow despite their bragging about how wonderful it is (not to mention the $300 for premium). That's hardly raining on our parade, though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Jazz, we went on different nights on the same ship. What can I say? I am giving my honest opinion of my meal. 

I wasn't doubting you.  Certainly one lamb chop is not a 'rack' and vastly undercooked should never have left the kitchen.  Let's hope it was a one-off – but even so it was a very expensive disappointment!

• Like 1

In Domonica today. Stayed on board and tonight having dinner with 2 couples I have formed friendships with😀 we are going to LaTerrazza. Looking forward to it.

Had a Covid test today and will have another one tomorrow.

We start the 2nd leg tomorrow from Barbados.

• Like 3