Current Passenger Capacity?

Kamfish642

It all depends on which ship and which cruise . While in October on the Eurodam in Europe  the first 14 days she was running at 45% capacity and the second 14 days at about 60 % .

They also had held a small area of the ship vacant just in case there was a need for passengers or crew to go into quarantine . In our case it was on deck 6 forward I believe .

This could be very different on shorter cruises in the Caribbean or longer ones for when we booked our Hawaii cruise from San Diego 

October 20 Rotterdam TA 47% capacity.

Not necessarily the cruise line's choice........Me thinks the Covid rules (masks, vaccines, testing, travel hassles), along with the Covid scared folks are keeping the numbers down.....

Edited by FlaMariner

I was on the first sailing of Nieuw Amsterdam in July and again on November 13th.   Our sailing in November was less full than July.   I don’t think it’s capacity restrictions as much as demand, sadly.  While it was a very enjoyable experience (lack of crowd-wise) it is not a sustainable model for the industry long term.  I will continue to travel and support them, but the collective “we” definitely have to get more people willing to go.

This also gives me an opportunity to comment on a common refrain I’ve seen in these boards recently - the complaints about the cutbacks.  The reality is, if you’re sailing approximately half full ($299 for an inside - $499 for a verandah!) they need to make it somewhere.  For those prices, if they want to try to upsell me in the MDR, I get it.  I may not like it,  but I certainly get it!

Edited by ShipsAreTheBest
  • Like 3

I was told that ships would be run at reduced capacity for the time being.  Pinnacle ships start to generate revenue at 60-70% capacity.  

Smaller ships were sold because they had to run at capacity in order to generate revenue.

Didn’t the startup requirements obligate all cruise lines to run at reduced capacity?

Nieuw Statendam 11/30 and 12/5 around 1250.  12/19 will be 1419.  When I asked, Guest Services told me that each ship had to have contingency COVID isolation rooms as well as quarantine rooms for incoming crew who must isolate on board away from other crew members. 

4 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Nieuw Statendam 11/30 and 12/5 around 1250.  12/19 will be 1419.  When I asked, Guest Services told me that each ship had to have contingency COVID isolation rooms as well as quarantine rooms for incoming crew who must isolate on board away from other crew members. 

Did they happen to mention 12/12’s numbers?  (Or did I miss it?)

On 12/5/2021 at 12:54 PM, FlaMariner said:

When they were running free gratuities on xmas cruises in a few weeks with low fares, I knew something not good was going on.....

We need folks back on these ships if we want them to be around.....kind of scary.

Agreed - the kids sail free promotions for the holidays also had me concerned. 

I can't speak to demand on your sailings. But when we signed [Princess] for an 'around Australia' cruise in late 2023, we received an early offer, being elite level. Imagine my surprise when it was all but sold out that first day before we even saw it. 

I have had mostly the opposite experience you seem to have. Most cruises we try to sign are in quite high demand. I do not know what % of capacity they are selling, but I see a lot of it.