Suite Lounge

COCKYMARK

26 minutes ago, COCKYMARK said:

As far as the drinks ...do you have to stay there or will they allow you to take them with you to your room and around the ship?

There may be some rule about not doing that, but very unlikely it is being enforced.

22 minutes ago, COCKYMARK said:

As far as the drinks ...do you have to stay there or will they allow you to take them with you to your room and around the ship?

Might depend on the ship.  If oasis class, in my experience, they will gladly give you whatever you want to go.  

If it is a ship without coastal kitchen where they simply changed

the name from the concierge lounge to suite lounge, in my experience, they are more restrictive on drinking hours and it depended on the concierge.  

• Like 1

Technically, suite lounge drinks must be consumed in the suite lounge.

But, on every cruise, I have been offered a bottle of water and a glass of wine to go.  The wine to take to dinner.  And for the take away wine, they fill the glass.

13 minutes ago, SRF said:

But, on every cruise, I have been offered a bottle of water and a glass of wine to go.  The wine to take to dinner.  And for the take away wine, they fill the glass.

That’s been my experience.  

46 minutes ago, SRF said:

Is that true on all ships?   When we did suites on smaller ships I saw the concierge taking 1/2 full drinks from folks if they tried to leave.  

On oasis class it has never been an issue and staff were more than happy to give me whatever I wanted to go.  Sometimes more than what I even ordered.  Of course I tip regularly in cash so that may have had something to do with it.  But the point is that the concierge isn’t watching stuff like that at all like I’ve experienced in the small lounges on the small ships. 

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We're on Oasis as well. No SL for us though

This is our last Suite for the next few months. I have totally enjoyed taking advantage of some incredible deals and Royal Ups these last five months. We are going solo in connecting balconies for New Year’s and my husband is already asking if I have heard anything yet about his  Royal Up Bid to a Junior suite. 

• Haha 3

On 12/8/2021 at 10:17 AM, topnole said:

Is that true on all ships?   When we did suites on smaller ships I saw the concierge taking 1/2 full drinks from folks if they tried to leave.  

On oasis class it has never been an issue and staff were more than happy to give me whatever I wanted to go.  Sometimes more than what I even ordered.  Of course I tip regularly in cash so that may have had something to do with it.  But the point is that the concierge isn’t watching stuff like that at all like I’ve experienced in the small lounges on the small ships. 

My experience was on Grandeur.  The epitome of small RCCL ships. 😄

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SRF said:

My experience was on Grandeur.  The epitome of small RCCL ships. 😄

Nowadays that is a small ship.  Not long ago it was a big ship.  

I think it varies a lot (or used to) based on the concierge and the ship.  I remember on Navigator (maybe 10 years back) when the concierge would not let anyone leave with a drink.  We weren’t diamond yet and weren’t familiar with the lounge policies as I recall.  I think it was our fist time in a suite on Royal.  We went in and had a drink.  Ordered another, had a few sips and walked out to go wherever we were going.  It was a small and uninviting place.  

Outside the door the concierge took our drinks from us and said you can’t leave with them. He was out there monitoring. We were in a bit of shock given what we paid for our suite.  It was pretty ridiculous given he just threw away my beer.  Granted all of this was back when diamond (or diamond plus) got you into the lounge too.  So maybe that was part of it.  

Edited by topnole

1 minute ago, topnole said:

Nowadays that is a small ship.  Not long ago it was a big ship.  

I think it varies a lot (or used to) based on the concierge and the ship.  I remember on Navigator (maybe 10 years back) when the concierge would not let anyone leave with a drink.  

We basically had the exact opposite experience, also on Navigator, probably about 9 years ago now. At the time, our children were quite young - 5, 4 and 1. They would be ready to call it a night quite early, long before the cocktail hour would finish. Every night after dinner we would pass through the concierge lounge, and the wonderful concierge would hand us some juice for the children, a bottle of wine with glasses for us, and walk us out the door saying he would see us the next night.  He started this the first evening of the cruise when we tried to come in, but the children were being fussy and so we stood up to leave without having even one drink. He stopped us on the way out the door to hand us the wine and juice. Needless to say, we tipped him extremely well at the end of the week.

32 minutes ago, amcb said:

We basically had the exact opposite experience, also on Navigator, probably about 9 years ago now. At the time, our children were quite young - 5, 4 and 1. They would be ready to call it a night quite early, long before the cocktail hour would finish. Every night after dinner we would pass through the concierge lounge, and the wonderful concierge would hand us some juice for the children, a bottle of wine with glasses for us, and walk us out the door saying he would see us the next night.  He started this the first evening of the cruise when we tried to come in, but the children were being fussy and so we stood up to leave without having even one drink. He stopped us on the way out the door to hand us the wine and juice. Needless to say, we tipped him extremely well at the end of the week.

We have also had similar experiences.  Thats why I say it can vary by ship or concierge.  I much prefer the experiences  we had that were like yours.  You can imagine how we felt the time mentioned above. Compare this to a suite lounge concierge who surprised our daughter with a new build a bear (or whatever brand is on Royal) during the cruise among so many other sweet things she did.  

• Like 1

I believe the drinks are unlimited in the suite lounge and you don’t need to use your vouchers if you are diamond or above. What I’m not sure about is whether the old drinks menu is still in force or whether you can have any drink up to the normal $13. Maybe someone can advise on that point 

41 minutes ago, Otterman34 said:

Are the drinks unlimited in the Suite Lounge (Oasis Class Ships) or are you limited to the number of drinks pre-loaded onto your sea pass card each day?

Thanks!

Not all suites guests are in the C&A program.