The Daily for Thursday December 09, 2021

richwmn

Good Morning. Thanks for the dail and the care lists.

It is a foggy morning here. It is supposed to burn off and be a nice day but that has not happened yet.

Like all of you on the daily, our thoughts are of Jose and Jacqui today.

The meal suggested sounded great and the recipe looked fantastic. I have to try that one.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 20

Good morning from Puerto Vallarta.  We were surprised when we woke up about 30 minutes ago to find the temperature was 64F with a good breeze coming straight toward our balcony.  No worries, as it will be in the 80s in about an hour.

We've had some wonderful vets for our cats and dogs over the years.  Pastry day has been celebrated many, many times the last four weeks.  We'll need to not celebrate the day for a while so we can enjoy pies at Christmas.  😉  Speaking of Christmas, our cards are ready to be mailed as soon as the Christmas letter is added to the envelopes.

I really like today's  quote,  and try to keep it in mind.  @ger_77,  Gerry, I also like the quote you posted.

The meal sounds good, and I hope I remember to look at the recipes next week.  The wine sounds good, but the drink will be given a pass.

We have not been to today's port.

@kazu, Jacqui, sending positive thoughts and virtual hugs your way.  Hope to day is a better day for you and Jose.

@JazzyV, Vanessa, I hope all goes well at your BFF's appointment. Yikes on the Covid numbers.

@marshhawk  I laughed when I read your story about the cat and the vet.

@mamaofami,  Carol, the party for Sam sounds wonderful, and you seem to be enjoying planning it.  Good that all the grandsons will be there.

@Seasick Sailor,  Joy, Bon Voyage.  Enjoy your cruise.

@grapau27,  Graham, thank you for the pictures from York.  That is one city in England we have not visited.

@rajkr74  Thanks for the pictures of Koningsdam.  It's fun to see what we look like sailing into port.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Greetngs, everyone.  Haven't been posting in the Daily threads lately but I try to read them.

Have to finish packing later, do my nails, do my eMed test, then off to FLL tomorrow.  Can't believe after having that 23-month gap in cruising that I'm sailing again in under a month.  Looking forward to checking out the (minor) differences between the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam.

Also hoping my cruise friends, who are joining me for the 5-night portion only, will like HAL.  They're in the early 70s but absolutely love Carnival.  Hoping they won't be bored.

Appears we'll be the first ship to call at Grand Turk when we're there on Monday.  I'm not a big fan, but we've had several itinerary changes already for this sailing, so I think most are hoping it won't change again.

• Like 24

Good morning! Have not done Christmas cards yet but every year there are less for sad reasons or it seems many have just stopped the tradition. 

Decorations are up and we have joined our neighbors in a festive holiday glow. We’ll be gathering our mighty oak overnight birthing acorns and just some everyday chores in a bit.

In our military days our positions required us to attend many organizational Christmas parties. I remember making appearances at several parties a night. Tonight we are going to our church small group (5 couples)  for our annual Christmas pot luck dinner. This will be our only holiday get together. Life is a lot simpler these days and for us that’s a bonus.

We love planning for our upcoming travels so we have started planning for our 155 day World Cruise. Right now we are utilizing You Tube for checking out ports of call we are not familiar with. Also studying Azamara Cruise Line as we have never cruised any other line but Hal. So far we are very comfortable with our decision to try something new and the itinerary was the convincer.

Thanks to all and continued thought and prayers for those in need.

Enjoy your day!

• Like 26

19 minutes ago, bdrcole said:

Continued from yesterdays post.  This is why the summer convertible went into hibernation and the winter convertible came out to play.  We received 30cm or 12 inches of snow last night.

P1050298.JPG

Oh Brother!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@rajkr74  Thanks for the pictures of Koningsdam.  It's fun to see what we look like sailing into port.

Lenda

Hope you are having a great cruise.  The pic of the ship in the harbor was last weeks cruise.  We are sitting on the beach a block and a half south from the port entrance.  Love watching the ships coming and going.

• Like 18

Good morning and thanks all!  Extra prayers for all on the lists.  
@mamaofami glad you can plan a nice party with family

@aliaschief sometimes less is more,  your former schedule sounds exhausting @ger_77i wouldn’t get much done with all those kittens and puppies either. 

38 minutes ago, bdrcole said:

Continued from yesterdays post.  This is why the summer convertible went into hibernation and the winter convertible came out to play.  We received 30cm or 12 inches of snow last night.

P1050298.JPG

Love the winter convertible!  TWELVE inches!  Eek! 

Funny story we drove DS to the airport yesterday and were remarking on two new overpasses when we realized we hadn’t been there in two years!  

yikes on that positivity rate of over 13%!    Stay safe,  glad to hear that Pfizer looks to be working on the new variant, hope that is the case!  

• Like 23

32 minutes ago, rajkr74 said:

Hope you are having a great cruise.  The pic of the ship in the harbor was last weeks cruise.  We are sitting on the beach a block and a half south from the port entrance.  Love watching the ships coming and going.

You still caught us sailing into port.  We've been on the ship since 11/14.  🙂  We get off Sunday.  😒

It's been great being back on a BHB.

Lenda

• Like 15

Good morning, all! Christmas Card Day is a timely reminder to get the few I send out in the mail TODAY. Also, it’s time to make some pastries, namely the mincemeat tarts on my to do list. I trained and graduated as a Veterinary Technician, back in the dawn of time. My first job was a small animal clinic in the city. Then I moved on to large animal work in farm country. By the time I retired I was a First Aid attendant dealing with humans. I like the four legged patients better. Animals can’t actually tell you any details, but at least they don’t lie about them.

The meal sounds good. There are lamb chops thawing for tonight, but the recipe should adapt to lamb perfectly, with a little tweaking of the seasoning.

Our Christmas decorations are up, and both the light and dark fruit cake are made. Today is Christmas cards, (just a few), the Christmas pudding from my mothers 1948 recipe (which should have been made 2 weeks ago) and tidying up the house for company (a chore that goes back on the to do list the day after it gets crossed off).

@kazuJacqui , sending all the strength and support possible to you and Jose. May today be gentler than yesterday, and with better news. Your Dailyite family is here for you.

To all, Happy Thursday, as our BHBs and their lucky passengers sail on!

59D0C735-7E8B-4378-A3DC-CB74FF6BE3E8.thumb.jpeg.6f887614b4a880b7372f3234fec911e7.jpeg

• Like 22

Good morning everyone and Happy Thursday.  I like the collection of days today. I stopped sending out Christmas cards and now only send some to our immediate family. My arthritis prevents me from handwriting. Vet medicine is so important and I was happy to find out that our DS’s SO daughter wants to be a Vet. I also have a cousin who is a large animal vet, mostly horses. 

And it’s appropriate that today is National Pastry Day. A good friend sent us an almond Danish Kringle from O&H Danish Bakery yesterday. Oh my are they yummy and I’ve already had 3 pieces. And that’s really unusual because I don’t eat sweets that much. But this Kringle is devine. I’m going to freeze half to save for after our cruise. Has anyone had one before?  

Prayers to those on the Care list. Special thoughts and prayers to Jose & Jacqui and to Roy. 

Jake @Crazy For Cats yikes on the protesters in Key West. I’m not sure I would feel safe to go ashore. 

The Derby drink sounds interesting and I might possibly like a taste. The meal suggestion looks wonderful. I never thought to have creamed corn and chicken together. I’m sure it keeps the chicken moist. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 20

6 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Thursday.  I like the collection of days today. I stopped sending out Christmas cards and now only send some to our immediate family. My arthritis prevents me from handwriting. Vet medicine is so important and I was happy to find out that our DS’s SO daughter wants to be a Vet. I also have a cousin who is a large animal vet, mostly horses. 

And it’s appropriate that today is National Pastry Day. A good friend sent us an almond Danish Kringle from O&H Danish Bakery yesterday. Oh my are they yummy and I’ve already had 3 pieces. And that’s really unusual because I don’t eat sweets that much. But this Kringle is devine. I’m going to freeze half to save for after our cruise. Has anyone had one before?  

Prayers to those on the Care list. Special thoughts and prayers to Jose & Jacqui and to Roy. 

Jake @Crazy For Cats yikes on the protesters in Key West. I’m not sure I would feel safe to go ashore. 

The Derby drink sounds interesting and I might possibly like a taste. The meal suggestion looks wonderful. I never thought to have creamed corn and chicken together. I’m sure it keeps the chicken moist. 

Have a great day everyone!

Leaving the ship we saw this20211209_110916.thumb.jpg.38493a37728b1873966a2467fa01431a.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from Puerto Vallarta.  We were surprised when we woke up about 30 minutes ago to find the temperature was 64F with a good breeze coming straight toward our balcony.  No worries, as it will be in the 80s in about an hour.

We've had some wonderful vets for our cats and dogs over the years.  Pastry day has been celebrated many, many times the last four weeks.  We'll need to not celebrate the day for a while so we can enjoy pies at Christmas.  😉  Speaking of Christmas, our cards are ready to be mailed as soon as the Christmas letter is added to the envelopes.

I really like today's  quote,  and try to keep it in mind.  @ger_77,  Gerry, I also like the quote you posted.

The meal sounds good, and I hope I remember to look at the recipes next week.  The wine sounds good, but the drink will be given a pass.

We have not been to today's port.

@kazu, Jacqui, sending positive thoughts and virtual hugs your way.  Hope to day is a better day for you and Jose.

@JazzyV, Vanessa, I hope all goes well at your BFF's appointment. Yikes on the Covid numbers.

@marshhawk  I laughed when I read your story about the cat and the vet.

@mamaofami,  Carol, the party for Sam sounds wonderful, and you seem to be enjoying planning it.  Good that all the grandsons will be there.

@Seasick Sailor,  Joy, Bon Voyage.  Enjoy your cruise.

@grapau27,  Graham, thank you for the pictures from York.  That is one city in England we have not visited.

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

IMG_20211209_135251.jpg

IMG_20211209_122130.jpg

IMG_20211209_115237.jpg

IMG_20211209_114729.jpg

IMG_20211209_114919.jpg

IMG_20211209_134258.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, Dailyites.  We are home, safe and sound, and we're going to hunker down for a few days and just make sure we didn't pick up any bugs.  I'm in trouble with DD as I forgot to search for her Spicy Chicken Quesadilla soup while we were in Bellingham.  We did get to See's and Trader Joe's so my shopping was successful!   We had a good time, and coming home was no problem after all the worries.  Pat had all the info needed for our ArriveCan app and we just cruised across the border.  I'm glad we did it before Omicron takes over.  

Thinking of, and saying prayers for, those on the care list, especially Jacqui and Jose.  I hope we hear from her, but today may be a day spent at the hospital, and hopefully tomorrow there will be some good news.

• Like 21

While I'm relaxing on our balcony, I thought I'd share a few pictures of the Christmas decorations around the ship.

The modern Christmas tree in B B King

20211208_105334_HDR.thumb.jpg.25ba14da4293f35dacaacb03bbc5a323.jpg

The Dutch Café

20211206_200106_HDR.thumb.jpg.14c581c67e76f3bb7679ac96d1373e17.jpg

These giant ornaments are around the Lido Pool and under the stairs on deck 2.

20211208_110548_HDR.thumb.jpg.474d1204805408b82f3923a6c60635a8.jpg

20211208_105523_HDR.thumb.jpg.8f517b2db8328db26ba74adad1dc4388.jpg

The Gingerbread Houses are in the Atrium outside the Dutch Café.

20211209_102101_HDR.thumb.jpg.4e8c6075122bc6c09c0bc0954457be64.jpg

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

My hubby is from Racine so yes, we are familiar with Kringle & O&H bakery......YUM!   If you have a Trader Joes by you, ours here in western Washington sell them.

• Like 8