Opinions on whether the Commonwealth Government will green light the resumption of cruising on the 17th December, 2021??

1 hour ago, Cruisegroover said:

From National Cabinet meeting today https://www.pm.gov.au/media/national-cabinet-statement-59 Relevant part -

Omicron Variant

National Cabinet received an update from the Chief Medical Officer Professor Paul Kelly on the Omicron variant and governments’ responses. Professor Kelly advised that Australia is still in the early stages of understanding the Omicron variant. 

National Cabinet noted that the Commonwealth Health Minister has extended the human biosecurity emergency period under the Biosecurity Act 2015 for a further two months to 17 February 2022.

Oh well..back to the jigsaw puzzle. 😡

1 hour ago, Cruisegroover said:

From National Cabinet meeting today https://www.pm.gov.au/media/national-cabinet-statement-59 Relevant part -

Omicron Variant

National Cabinet received an update from the Chief Medical Officer Professor Paul Kelly on the Omicron variant and governments’ responses. Professor Kelly advised that Australia is still in the early stages of understanding the Omicron variant. 

National Cabinet noted that the Commonwealth Health Minister has extended the human biosecurity emergency period under the Biosecurity Act 2015 for a further two months to 17 February 2022.

Yet people can go to crowded pubs or celebrate on party boats with unvaccinated yobos using fake vaccination certificates. Go figure!

Apparently fake vaccination certificates are all over the place now.

• Like 1

Wonder how many will consider joining a cruise overseas?

We would but the constant rule changes around entry requirements and quarantine, especially in our state is an issue to consider.

In south australia people who had organised home quarantine and had it accepted by the authorities found themselves bussed off to hotel quarantine.

Some are more fearful of being detained in a small room than the virus with reports if fully vaccinated it mean mild symptoms. Roll on the boosters and less confusion around travel rules. 

I have decided enough is enough.

I am on a cruise in the UK and Europe and they are safe as houses.

I’ve made a few videos, have spoken to a few journalists and now I’m sending this to newspapers for print. Feel free to do so yourself, this is free to use, rights free, unlimited distribution. Send it as far and wide as you like.

B4328EBA-D5B6-425D-BC47-392CE2BC9A12.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aussieflyer said:

Previous extensions of the emergency biosecurity conditions (relating to cruising) were made about 4 weeks out from the end date from memory.

Silly me! Of course it was cruise lines who made announcements a month or so out not the government which waited till last minute. I remembered that in the middle of the night. 

5 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Coronavirus Business News | Are we all doomed | High Street Retailers

And you can expect another extended ban in February .

Christmas ,new year and a waning vaccination.

I would love to jump on a plane to Singapore or the states and go on a cruise but who wants to get stranded. Not to mention the expense and hassle.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

"Another blow to thousands of family holidays"?

Ah, no, the majority of cruise lines already cancelled cruises through Feb/Mar weeks ago. 

So much for Perrottet promising cruising in NSW by Christmas. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

And you can expect another extended ban in February .

Christmas ,new year and a waning vaccination.

I would love to jump on a plane to Singapore or the states and go on a cruise but who wants to get stranded. Not to mention the expense and hassle.

I agree, overseas travel is still in the too hard basket as far as I'm concerned.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

"Another blow to thousands of family holidays"?

Ah, no, the majority of cruise lines already cancelled cruises through Feb/Mar weeks ago. 

So much for Perrottet promising cruising in NSW by Christmas. 

It’s bit of a joke Julie.

Weren’t   we suppose to be rewarded if we reach 80% and then 90%.

It was always never going to happen before the election!   But I lived in hope that somebody might show some vision.

from a country that I came to in the 70s where anything was possible, Oz is in a sorry state because the government are holding on by the skin of their teeth, nothing is happening.

Oz has given us a marvellous life but am wondering what is there for my grandkids.

eileen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s bit of a joke Julie.

Weren’t   we suppose to be rewarded if we reach 80% and then 90%.

We have been rewarded. We're allowed to go to crowded pubs or party on harbour cruises. And there is no sign of that changing despite two super-spreader events and daily cases that are now well over 500. 

But let a cruise ship into our harbours? Oh no, we can't have that, it might spread Covid! 😯🙄😒

• Like 3

15 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

As they've extended the biosecurity act as per the post above, I can't for the life of me understand why they're letting the Great Unvaccinated roam at will in NSW and Vic from next week.  Makes no sense whatsoever.

From over here in the West where we've barely been touched by COVID, it totally mystifies me.  And, yes, I do know that it will eventually get here but the longer we can delay that event the happier everyone I know will be.  

4 minutes ago, Bubbeh said:

From over here in the West where we've barely been touched by COVID, it totally mystifies me.  And, yes, I do know that it will eventually get here but the longer we can delay that event the happier everyone I know will be.  

But W.A. cannot stay closed for ever. Take the plunge and reopen to stimulate your economy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbeh said:

I do know that it will eventually get here but the longer we can delay that event the happier everyone I know will be.  

Some of us in the West who have been vaccinated for ages and due our booster soon would like to be able to see family from over East and overseas. My MIL has become even more frail and needs to go into care on Tuesday but my SIL who lives in America and is triple jabbed has no idea when or if she can see her again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Some of us in the West who have been vaccinated for ages and due our booster soon would like to be able to see family from over East and overseas

I've been double vaxxed with my booster booked for 1st February.  I've a daughter who lives in Canberra that I haven't seen for almost two years (Xmas '19) and while I'm sympathetic to the situation of others, I do feel that individual circumstances should not outweigh the community benefit. 

Please, this is just my opinion and I've no desire to get into an issue about border closures.  We're all entitled to opine based on our own feelings.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

But W.A. cannot stay closed for ever. Take the plunge and reopen to stimulate your economy.

I might be wrong but I thought the WA economy was about the healthiest in the country, over all.  Tourism may be suffering but even that I'm not too sure of, you can't be into a caravan park in most tourist areas for love or money during the popular times.  I'm told that you need to book and pay 2 years in advance to get into a CO in Broome for example.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bubbeh said:

We're all entitled to opine based on our own feelings.

True this. I was just putting forward a different opinion based on my feelings and the people I know. We also want to keep the community safe and see family, hence why we are vaccinated and all prepared to get whatever boosters we need to be able to see other family again.

• Like 1