Canaveral Parking at Terminal 1 For the Harmony

GTO-Girl

On 12/16/2021 at 9:21 AM, crewsweeper said:

So Indy and Mariner cruisers will be in lot as Mariner leaves on Saturday that week.

Looks like Park Port Canaveral rates went from $10.95 to $12.95.  Go Port still using weekly for 7night cruise $85.

Do you have experience with Go Port?  I think this is my best option considering I need a hotel too.

I would appreciate hearing your input.

M

On 12/17/2021 at 8:55 PM, GTO-Girl said:

This will be our fourth time staying there, we love it!!  

Our plan is to leave the hotel around 9am.  The porters should be there and ready to start accepting luggage around that time.  We are trying to time it to get there after some of the cruisers have left, but before the new group starts coming in.

Our check in time is not until 11:00 so we will just hang out either in the car or over at Grills if we have to.  Our #1 goal is to get a parking spot!

This is a new experience for us as we had no problem parking in August or October….so we will just have to hope for the best….

I'd consider leaving the car in the H2/Hampton/Homewood lot and taking the shuttle but their prices are outrageous.  They charge $40 per night as they built so many hotels on their land that they don't have much room for extended parking.  

5 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

I'd consider leaving the car in the H2/Hampton/Homewood lot and taking the shuttle but their prices are outrageous.  They charge $40 per night as they built so many hotels on their land that they don't have much room for extended parking.  

They really don’t have any room for long term parking so they set the per day rate ridiculously high to discourage people from doing it.  

I know it sure would discourage me!!! 😂😂😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

If you should decide you want to do off site parking Park Port Canaveral is about two or three blocks down the street.  They have a nice fenced in area with paved parking and run shuttles continuously.

I believe their rate is $12.95 per day but I “think” if you use the promo code RELAX the rate drops to $10.95 per day.

Just thought I would give you another option if you needed it….

Just now, GTO-Girl said:

They really don’t have any room for long term parking so they set the per day rate ridiculously high to discourage people from doing it.  

I know it sure would discourage me!!! 😂😂😂

Me too -- just following the same plan as you and leaving the hotel at 9 am.  We love staying close to the port and the tight Port Garage parking makes staying at one of the 3 Hilton properties even more attractive.  I book as soon as I can after rooms open up

• Like 1

Just now, GTO-Girl said:

If you should decide you want to do off site parking Park Port Canaveral is about two or three blocks down the street.  They have a nice fenced in area with paved parking and run shuttles continuously.

I believe their rate is $12.95 per day but I “think” if you use the promo code RELAX the rate drops to $10.95 per day.

Just thought I would give you another option if you needed it….

Thanks -- I will check them out.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, smmountaingal said:

Do you have experience with Go Port?  I think this is my best option considering I need a hotel too.

I would appreciate hearing your input.

M

We've used them before.  But it's been a while.  They have a paved lot and are pretty reliable on getting to to and from the cruise terminal.  Plus you can just get right on 528.

• Like 1

Arrived 12:50p for 1p boarding of Harmony. Dropped luggage and were directed to the surface lot next to the garage. “It’s full,” we’re told, though lots of spots visible up the ramp. Walked to terminal and were on the ship in 30 minutes. 

3 hours ago, ericopia said:

Arrived 12:50p for 1p boarding of Harmony. Dropped luggage and were directed to the surface lot next to the garage. “It’s full,” we’re told, though lots of spots visible up the ramp. Walked to terminal and were on the ship in 30 minutes. 

Where did you end up parking?  The grassy area?

We had 11 - 11:30 boarding time on 12/12 - 12/19.  Arrived around 10:30 had to park on the roof because it was nearly full.  Pier 1 parking garage is for both Harmony and Independence so it will get FULL very early and some are told to park to the lot next to the garage.

16 minutes ago, ChattTenn said:

We had 11 - 11:30 boarding time on 12/12 - 12/19.  Arrived around 10:30 had to park on the roof because it was nearly full.  Pier 1 parking garage is for both Harmony and Independence so it will get FULL very early and some are told to park to the lot next to the garage.

Thanks.  Also Mariner cruisers are using the garage.  

15 hours ago, ChattTenn said:

Not just Harmony and Indy...but Mariner as well.  Very unusual to have three RCI ships home ported here, and we are thankful for it.  Last and only other time was many years ago with EX.  

I don't think the designers had three ships in mind...shame they did not think in advance. 😣

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

Not just Harmony and Indy...but Mariner as well.  Very unusual to have three RCI ships home ported here, and we are thankful for it.  Last and only other time was many years ago with EX.  

I don't think the designers had three ships in mind...shame they did not think in advance. 😣

I seem to remember that there was a parking problem back then as well

8 hours ago, Ralphinsc said:

Oh, do tell! We are on a B2B on Harmony in June. Is the "2 for 1" for the onsite or offsite parking? 😃

For the parking garage for terminal 1, one pays as one enters rather than at the exit.  The system knows the duration of the cruise leaving T1 that day, assumes the vehicle will stay the duration of that cruise, and charges the amount for that cruise.  It never asks if you are staying longer.  So, unless they change the system, when you pull into the garage in June, you will be charged for eight days of parking (first and last days are both charged) and that will be it for charges.  Some other garages at Port Canaveral charge at exit so do not assume the same will hold true at other terminals.

There is an off site lot that has a flat parking fee for up to 15 days of parking (https://www.goport.com/port-canaveral-cruise-parking/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAk4aOBhCTARIsAFWFP9FQkblwIffRHfJhQtV-PwDQwhUU2l0mUmdl0BYEC0X-KxkHxlc83P8aAgk4EALw_wcB), but most charge by the day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

I seem to remember that there was a parking problem back then as well

But we were at CT 10 then....Freedom, (Mariner I think?...or could have been EN?) plus EX for a short time doing longer seasonal southern Carib routes.  

I could be wrong, but I wonder if the garage at CT 10 is bigger??   Seems like they built our new CT 1 garage smaller.  Or maybe just dwarfed by Oasis class.  😉 

Weird thing is the empty huge terminal garage at the new Carnival terminal at CT 3.   Don't see ships there, was maybe 40 cars in the whole garage there when we came back into port.  Very odd.  

16 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Where did you end up parking?  The grassy area?

Nope, a narrow, open-air surface lot between the garage and the main road. Friends who arrived half an hour later ended up in the same lot, but I can’t imagine where later arrivals would’ve gone.

33 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

For the parking garage for terminal 1, one pays as one enters rather than at the exit.  The system knows the duration of the cruise leaving T1 that day, assumes the vehicle will stay the duration of that cruise, and charges the amount for that cruise.

The surface lot right in front of the T1 parking garage was pay-as-you-exit when we arrived Sunday. (I would SO much prefer pay-as-you-enter – I feel like people arrive in more staggered times than at departure, so we’ll have to end the cruise with a slow wait to pay.)

52 minutes ago, ericopia said:

Nope, a narrow, open-air surface lot between the garage and the main road. Friends who arrived half an hour later ended up in the same lot, but I can’t imagine where later arrivals would’ve gone.

That's what I would like to know as well.  We have not yet seen a report from anyone that was actually turned away due to no place available.

We boarded HOTS on Nov 28th and while that was after their Thanksgiving cruise, it was still in between others.  That said, there were only about 2400 on HOTS our first week.  We got to the terminal at about 1055 and were directed after dropping off our bags to the side parking lot right next to the terminal (left of garage when facing the terminal) which actually was easier than dealing with elevators.  The attendant said that less than 10 cars had left when HOTS returned that morning and the garage was full.  We parked for two weeks and paid when we entered.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

For the parking garage for terminal 1, one pays as one enters rather than at the exit.  The system knows the duration of the cruise leaving T1 that day, assumes the vehicle will stay the duration of that cruise, and charges the amount for that cruise.  It never asks if you are staying longer.  So, unless they change the system, when you pull into the garage in June, you will be charged for eight days of parking (first and last days are both charged) and that will be it for charges.  Some other garages at Port Canaveral charge at exit so do not assume the same will hold true at other terminals.

There is an off site lot that has a flat parking fee for up to 15 days of parking (https://www.goport.com/port-canaveral-cruise-parking/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAk4aOBhCTARIsAFWFP9FQkblwIffRHfJhQtV-PwDQwhUU2l0mUmdl0BYEC0X-KxkHxlc83P8aAgk4EALw_wcB), but most charge by the day.

We mentioned we were on a b2b (Nov 28 and Dec 5) and the attendant used a handheld to have us pay for the second week (as I said above we parked in the lot next to the terminal as the garage was full).  They also told us (and showed us) that if a car doesn't display a receipt for both weeks, it can be booted.  There were a couple of booted cars in the lot.  So, we had both receipts on our dash.  

14 minutes ago, BND said:

We mentioned we were on a b2b (Nov 28 and Dec 5) and the attendant used a handheld to have us pay for the second week (as I said above we parked in the lot next to the terminal as the garage was full).  They also told us (and showed us) that if a car doesn't display a receipt for both weeks, it can be booted.  There were a couple of booted cars in the lot.  So, we had both receipts on our dash.  

That’s interesting.  We used the automated lane (no attendant) to pay and enter.  The machine assumed our exit date and we did not see an option to change that date.  Our car was not booted when we returned from our b2b on 12/19.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Starry Eyes said:

That’s interesting.  We used the automated lane (no attendant) to pay and enter.  The machine assumed our exit date and we did not see an option to change that date.  Our car was not booted when we returned from our b2b on 12/19.

For the lot, there was an attendant working the arm/inserting the cc and one actually directing cars which spot to park in.  I know when we did a b2b on Oasis a few years ago, we parked in the garage and paid for the first 7 days to get in and there was no way to pay for a second week.