Canaveral Parking at Terminal 1 For the Harmony

GTO-Girl

19 hours ago, denas said:

Can anyone address HC parking in the garage?  We have an 11:30 embarkation time on the Harmony and actually would prefer the surface lot if we can’t get a lower spot in the garage because of the elevator situation. It’s hard enough waiting for elevators in the ship with a wheelchair. No need to add more elevator waits before we get onboard! 

I don't think there are any restrictions preventing you from parking in the side lot any time you wanted to.  But I think handicap parking is on the ground level.  And there's nothing that says you can't arrive at the parking garage prior to your terminal entry time.  If they aren't busy they might even let you in to the terminal early.    I do know that when we got there around 10:30 A for our 11:30 time, we had to park on level 3 or 4 not quite the roof.   Because 2 RCCL ships left the day before us.  But the elevators weren't crowded then and I didn't see people waiting.  

37 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

I don't think there are any restrictions preventing you from parking in the side lot any time you wanted to.  But I think handicap parking is on the ground level.  And there's nothing that says you can't arrive at the parking garage prior to your terminal entry time.  If they aren't busy they might even let you in to the terminal early.    I do know that when we got there around 10:30 A for our 11:30 time, we had to park on level 3 or 4 not quite the roof.   Because 2 RCCL ships left the day before us.  But the elevators weren't crowded then and I didn't see people waiting.  

Handicapped parking is on levels above ground level - I have used several times before COVID. Since restart I and ended up on the roof in regular parking. Now impossible in the ramp lot because of parking overcrowding at Terminal 1!

Edited by Scotty G
clarify

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Sherri...it was very easy to simply roll the luggage to the lot right next door.  Faster than the elevator loading.  Either way...hope all goes well on your next parking adventure.  😉 

I guess the porter would be ok with that.  Do you think it might be easier (or as easy) for him or her rather than waiting for elevator?  I'm getting a bit anal but with Chuck still recovering from his shoulder replacement, I want to have all my bases covered.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scotty G said:

Handicapped parking is on levels above ground level - I have used several times before COVID. Since restart I and ended up on the roof in regular parking. Now impossible in the ramp lot because of parking overcrowding at Terminal 1!

As I stated in my reply to Island Lady, I'm a little anal as my husband is still recovering from shoulder surgery.  I cruised solo in January on HM but that was at the peak of Omicron with many passengers cancelling and parking was not a problem.  I could see the top deck from my stateroom and shortly before check-in closed, there were only 3 or 4 cars parked on the roof deck.  

There are clusters of Handicapped spaces around elevators on the various decks.  

Did you find a Handicapped space on the roof?

Also, what time did you get to the parking lot?

I agree they are seriously overcrowding Terminal 1 and the adjoining parking.  I wish they had build a fifth deck instead of stopping at 4.  

Edited by SherriZ366

16 hours ago, Scotty G said:

Thanks for the clarification.   But yes overcrowding and ship scheduling are real problems at Terminal 1.  RCCL needs to move smaller vessels to other terminals but don't think there's room for RCCL ships anywhere else in PC.

13 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

I guess the porter would be ok with that.  Do you think it might be easier (or as easy) for him or her rather than waiting for elevator?  I'm getting a bit anal but with Chuck still recovering from his shoulder replacement, I want to have all my bases covered.  

I don't think it will make much of a difference.   Just go with what you prefer, and have a great cruise...no stress.  😉 

9 hours ago, island lady said:

I don't think it will make much of a difference.   Just go with what you prefer, and have a great cruise...no stress.  😉 

I think it might be too late.  It seems she is pretty stressed about the parking situation😇

11 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I think it might be too late.  It seems she is pretty stressed about the parking situation😇

I am a bit stressed as we really need to park at the Terminal due to my husband's recovering from rotator cuff and reverse shoulder surgery.   So we have a lot to deal with -- so please be kind. 

I'm reading this thread to get some updates on how tight the parking may be at various times of the morning for Harmony.  The Parking at Terminal 1 is not adequate for the number of ships leaving from that terminal.  Having said that, we will go over early to the terminal, drop off our bags and find a space.  The porters start taking bags as early as 8:30 - 9:00 am and we can pass the time by completing the muster drill etc.  Passengers will still be departing from HM's previous cruise.  

Getting updates from cruisers who park in Terminal 1's lot will give me real information and reduce my stress level.  So any information that RCI cruisers can post will be helpful.  

Edited by SherriZ366

On 3/17/2022 at 8:49 PM, SherriZ366 said:

There are clusters of Handicapped spaces around elevators on the various decks.  

Did you find a Handicapped space on the roof?

Also, what time did you get to the parking lot?

I agree they are seriously overcrowding Terminal 1 and the adjoining parking.  I wish they had build a fifth deck instead of stopping at 4.  

No handicapped on the top deck! It was nearly full when I arrived just after 12 which was 1/2 hour before our scheduled time for processing. 

Agree 100 % about a 5th deck. The Port Authority has agreed with that in hindsight and they did not make the same mistake when building the new Carnival pier parking! I saw some discussion some time ago online about RCI using Terminal 18 again which included revamped parking there as well. Can't find that online anymore. That would be in addition to Terminal 1.

17 hours ago, Scotty G said:

No handicapped on the top deck! It was nearly full when I arrived just after 12 which was 1/2 hour before our scheduled time for processing. 

Agree 100 % about a 5th deck. The Port Authority has agreed with that in hindsight and they did not make the same mistake when building the new Carnival pier parking! I saw some discussion some time ago online about RCI using Terminal 18 again which included revamped parking there as well. Can't find that online anymore. That would be in addition to Terminal 1.

Wish the Port Authority would have advised RCI to have a 5th deck in light of how many ships were possible for RCI.  The company may not have had definite information about its future sailings but it would have been good if they had a bit amore farsighted.  

Where is Terminal 18?  I remember sailing out of Terminal 10 before Terminal 1 was built.  

Thanks for the information about no handicapped parking on the top deck and what time you arrived.  

Edited by SherriZ366

15 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Wish the Port Authority would have advised RCI to have a 5th deck in light of how many ships were possible for RCI.  The company may not have had definite information about its future sailings but it would have been good if they had a bit amore farsighted.  

Where is Terminal 18?  I remember sailing out of Terminal 10 before Terminal 1 was built.  

Thanks for the information about no handicapped parking on the top deck and what time you arrived.  

Typo on terminal 10 - sorry!!!

15 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Agree...tough I would think just building another multi-level extension onto where the open paved lot is next door would do it.   But don't see that happening.  RCI is a bit cash strapped.  😉 

Terminal 18 is in Port Everglades.  

On 3/21/2022 at 9:29 AM, island lady said:

Agree...tough I would think just building another multi-level extension onto where the open paved lot is next door would do it.   But don't see that happening.  RCI is a bit cash strapped.  😉 

Terminal 18 is in Port Everglades.  

Agree.  Does RCI or the Port Authority pay for the garage?  

Too bad about the money as a multi-level garage doesn't take that long to build.  

Since Oct I've witnessed the parking overflowing or unavailable.  It will be much worse when there's 3 ships sailing at one time.  We've avoided parking at the  port by using Park n Cruise or we stay at a hotel with shuttle service.  Much easier and we don't have to hassle with the luggage. The drivers load the luggage and unload the luggage.   That helps if you're physically challenged as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

Since Oct I've witnessed the parking overflowing or unavailable.  It will be much worse when there's 3 ships sailing at one time.  We've avoided parking at the  port by using Park n Cruise or we stay at a hotel with shuttle service.  Much easier and we don't have to hassle with the luggage. The drivers load the luggage and unload the luggage.   That helps if you're physically challenged as well.

It's a bit of a "discount" when you stay for a B2B.  😉 

40 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Agree.  Does RCI or the Port Authority pay for the garage?  

Too bad about the money as a multi-level garage doesn't take that long to build.  

Good question.  I don't want to hazard a guess.  

11 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

Another vote for Park ‘n Cruise.  Their location eliminates driving into the port, they handle the luggage, and they have even improved their already-organized process since the pandemic pause.  Every fifth stay is free, and they told us not to waste it on a short cruise, save it for a longer one.  We arrive at the terminal relaxed instead of frazzled.

2 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Even four 4-night cruises parked at Park ‘n Cruise = free B2B cruise parking. 

Have used them for years, enjoyed the "every 5th free" and the Veterans discount, but have started parking at the terminal just after Covid restart.