Canaveral Parking at Terminal 1 For the Harmony

GTO-Girl

Now that Royal has three ships going out of Terminal 1 the parking situation at the terminal seems to have gotten worse.  The cruise days are overlapping so cars from one cruise are still in the parking deck when it’s time for another cruise to begin.

If the parking deck is full they are now parking cars outside in a side lot next to the terminal and when that lot gets full they are parking them in the grass in another lot.

Has anyone sailed recently and parked in the terminal?  What time did you arrive and what was your experience??

This is stressing me out a bit as well. Seems like as capacity increases it will only get worse. We sail on the mariner on the 28th. Cruise looks packed (by todays standards) so definitely hoping for the best. We have 11:30 check in so will probably just get there a bit early and keep fingers crossed. 

58 minutes ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

You can always park at an "off-site" parking lot close to the port and take a shuttle. Costs far less than the port and relieves the stress. Your on vacation, relax and enjoy. 

We have done both port parking and off site many times.  We love parking at the port as we have a long drive after the cruise and like having immediate access to our car.

However we decided if we are going to have to leave our car outside in a non-covered place we might as well go back to off site parking….

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We arrived for a B2B on Harmony on 11/28.  We arrived at 11am, garage was full and we were directed to the paved lot adjacent to the garage.  My husband said he got one of two remaining spaces.  

When we left on 12/13 at 845, the lot seemed to be about half empty. 

Sherri🙂

We arrived at 9:30 a.m. on Monday 11/1 for our Indy cruise.  We were the first to arrive for the sailing (no one was in line yet).  We had to go all the way to the roof to park (Mariner and Allure had left Saturday and Sunday).  The roof was about a third full at that point.  I know that on our sailing we were at 42% capacity.

Edited by Teeara

When we arrived on 11/28 ~10:30 we were told there were 8 spots left.  We parked on the roof, and didn't see any other open spots.  We left at ~9:00 on 12/12 and there were quite a few spots open.

I'd suggest if you want to park in the first garage, plan to arrive early.

• Like 1

Sailing in a suite next week with option to arrive an hour earlier than our official 11:30 boarding time…. If we arrive at 10 for parking purposes, will we be able to enter terminal then and sit inside until we are called? Traveling with older parents & trying to think it all through ( parking, standing, etc). 

Does the “hour earlier” actually happen on time normally?  Thanks! 

13 hours ago, vandy said:

Sailing in a suite next week with option to arrive an hour earlier than our official 11:30 boarding time…. If we arrive at 10 for parking purposes, will we be able to enter terminal then and sit inside until we are called? Traveling with older parents & trying to think it all through ( parking, standing, etc). 

Does the “hour earlier” actually happen on time normally?  Thanks! 

Doubtful.  No one sits inside. Right now  The outside entrance doors only open up when the ship is cleared to board.

it could change in the future though.

23 hours ago, sjb317 said:

We arrived for a B2B on Harmony on 11/28.  We arrived at 11am, garage was full and we were directed to the paved lot adjacent to the garage.  My husband said he got one of two remaining spaces.  

When we left on 12/13 at 845, the lot seemed to be about half empty. 

Sherri🙂

16 hours ago, Cigar King said:

When we arrived on 11/28 ~10:30 we were told there were 8 spots left.  We parked on the roof, and didn't see any other open spots.  We left at ~9:00 on 12/12 and there were quite a few spots open.

I'd suggest if you want to park in the first garage, plan to arrive early.

We were on the 11/21 Harmony, and the ship had more than twice the passengers (~4500) than it did the week before because it was Thanksgiving week. If I remember correctly, they were expecting only about 2500-3000 on the following cruise. It should ease up a bit when more people start flying in rather than everyone driving in.

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The Carnival terminal is a lot larger. Always thought Royal's garage was undersized

When we came in early Sunday morning, being on the port side, I was able to check out the new Carnival terminal.  No Carnival ship docked at that terminal on all three Sundays there during our B2B on Harmony.  There were two Carnival ships docked at their old terminals further west.  

What did strike me as odd....was the parking garage.  4 (or 5?) floors and only around 40 cars parked in the garage.  What is going on there??  😮 

We had to park in the open lot for Harmony 11/28 cruise.  

We usually do off site shuttle parking, but wanted the convenience of parking directly at the terminal, and being two weeks, wanted garage parking.  

We arrived at 10:45.  Was directed to that open lot that had perhaps only 6 cars in it.  We were told the garage was full already.  Huh???  They tried to say it was B2B people...but I knew better.  Three larger ships in now...garage pretty much built for one or two ships.  

That open parking lot was totally full when we returned....many were parked in non-parking spots.  

And yes, my little SUV was filthy from dirt, soot, and some "bird contributions".  😲

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

We had to park in the open lot for Harmony 11/28 cruise.  

We usually do off site shuttle parking, but wanted the convenience of parking directly at the terminal, and being two weeks, wanted garage parking.  

We arrived at 10:45.  Was directed to that open lot that had perhaps only 6 cars in it.  We were told the garage was full already.  Huh???  They tried to say it was B2B people...but I knew better.  Three larger ships in now...garage pretty much built for one or two ships.  

That open parking lot was totally full when we returned....many were parked in non-parking spots.  

And yes, my little SUV was filthy from dirt, soot, and some "bird contributions".  😲

I am expecting to park in the open lot unless I am very lucky! Check in time is 1 pm.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, molly361 said:

So what is the option when the lot the outside lot and the green space is full?  Going back to that offsite place right on 528 and hope that they have space?

We always liked their service at ParkNCruise...may have to go back to it.  If the terminal parking is going to stack us like cord wood in the open lot for twice the price...hmmmm.... 😲

But still did love walking the luggage directly to the vehicle.  Only thing on the plus side since we did 

not get covered parking.  

Here is something:   Why do they charge the same price for open lot parking (or worse yet...a grass field) than it costs to park inside the garage?  

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

We always liked their service at ParkNCruise...may have to go back to it.  If the terminal parking is going to stack us like cord wood in the open lot for twice the price...hmmmm.... 😲

But still did love walking the luggage directly to the vehicle.  Only thing on the plus side since we did 

not get covered parking.  

Here is something:   Why do they charge the same price for open lot parking (or worse yet...a grass field) than it costs to park inside the garage?  

Good question on the price.  I am going on the Indy Friday so will see how it goes. I had a driver bring me down last week when I went on the Indy I'm not big on driving my girlfriend is driving Friday

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, island lady said:

not get covered parking.  

We used to park there as well and then back a few years I think they started charging like $12.95 a day so we figured we would just start parking right at the port.  I just looked .  They are  $108 for the week.  On site is $136.  Add a tip for the shuttle driver each way it turns out to be not that much of a difference at least to me

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

We used to park there as well and then back a few years I think they started charging like $12.95 a day so we figured we would just start parking right at the port.  I just looked .  They are  $108 for the week.  On site is $136.  Add a tip for the shuttle driver each way it turns out to be not that much of a difference at least to me

And if on B2B....same as one week.  😉 

• Like 2