Canaveral Parking at Terminal 1 For the Harmony

GTO-Girl

3 hours ago, island lady said:

We always liked their service at ParkNCruise...may have to go back to it.  If the terminal parking is going to stack us like cord wood in the open lot for twice the price...hmmmm.... 😲

But still did love walking the luggage directly to the vehicle.  Only thing on the plus side since we did 

not get covered parking.  

Here is something:   Why do they charge the same price for open lot parking (or worse yet...a grass field) than it costs to park inside the garage?  

It was that way at T10 in the Freedom days.

But surface parking was closer to the terminal doors😉

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It was that way at T10 in the Freedom days.

But surface parking was closer to the terminal doors😉

We used to park there in the beginning, until the port authority raised the price so much, and then started charging 8 days for a 7 day cruise.  😣

Stumbled onto ParkNCruise, with military discount and free stay with each 5 time stay.  Nice service as well.  

Of course before that....when we lived on Merritt Island, we were like you.  No need to drive a vehicle to the port.  😉 Taxi picked us up at home, left the vehicle in the garage, dropped us off at the porters within 10 minutes.  I know it was shorter for you.  Sigh...then we both moved away.  😮 

• Like 1

Sigh. This was the problem we had at PortMiami and Crown of Miami terminal a couple of years back. The garage was nearly full by 11 a.m. for an Oasis sailing (I was parking on the roof at 11:15a). All our friends who arrived later were scattered among different garages all down the island and had to wait in interminable lines for busses before and after the cruise. It took over an hour to get on the ship from all the remote garages. We really were hoping for a better experience cruising out of Canaveral…

Appreciate the information here.  We like parking a the cruise terminal for convenience but going to check the port schedule for the weekend of our cruise.  We have an 11:30 check in time on a Sunday. Plan on leaving hotel around 11.   But if there were ships departing on Saturday, may look at Park N Cruise again.

8 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Appreciate the information here.  We like parking a the cruise terminal for convenience but going to check the port schedule for the weekend of our cruise.  We have an 11:30 check in time on a Sunday. Plan on leaving hotel around 11.   But if there were ships departing on Saturday, may look at Park N Cruise again.

Harmony leaves every Sunday

Indy leaves on Friday and Monday

Mariner is on a rotating schedule that moves a lot. 4 night, 5 nights, 8 nights, etc.

43 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Harmony leaves every Sunday

Indy leaves on Friday and Monday

Mariner is on a rotating schedule that moves a lot. 4 night, 5 nights, 8 nights, etc.

So Indy and Mariner cruisers will be in lot as Mariner leaves on Saturday that week.

Looks like Park Port Canaveral rates went from $10.95 to $12.95.  Go Port still using weekly for 7night cruise $85.

On 12/14/2021 at 7:12 PM, vandy said:

Sailing in a suite next week with option to arrive an hour earlier than our official 11:30 boarding time…. If we arrive at 10 for parking purposes, will we be able to enter terminal then and sit inside until we are called? Traveling with older parents & trying to think it all through ( parking, standing, etc). 

Does the “hour earlier” actually happen on time normally?  Thanks! 

No one is allowed in until 11 a.m.  There are no suite lines outside or inside.  You have to stand outside in one of four lines.  There is a bench to the right of the doors where those who need to sit can do so.  Restrooms are behind the bench.   We started having employees come out to the lines around 10:15 asking to see your vaccination card, proof of negative test and boarding docs.  You should keep those 3 out at all times since you will be asked repeatedly until you board the ship for those documents.

I would also add that for the 4 lines, just pick a line.  For our cruise, the line on the far right facing the terminal entrance opened first (the doors opened on the right side).  Everyone was very friendly.  

Edited by Teeara

7 minutes ago, Teeara said:

I would also add that for the 4 lines, just pick a line.  For our cruise, the line on the far right facing the terminal entrance opened first (the doors opened on the right side).  Everyone was very friendly.  

Just off B2B Harmony.  The line to the very far right were Star class. The line just to the left of them, was the  Suites/Pinnacle line.  Everyone else were in two lines on the left side.  It all moved quite well.  

• Like 2

Just now, island lady said:

Just off B2B Harmony.  The line to the very far right were Star class. The line just to the left of them, was the  Suites/Pinnacle line.  Everyone else were in two lines on the left side.  It all moved quite well.  

Thanks for the updated information.  Mine was from the first week of November, so hopefully that means they're working their way back to normal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teeara said:

Thanks for the updated information.  Mine was from the first week of November, so hopefully that means they're working their way back to normal.

It's a slow train...but at least it is moving and in the right direction.  😉 

1 hour ago, Teeara said:

No one is allowed in until 11 a.m.  There are no suite lines outside or inside.  You have to stand outside in one of four lines.  There is a bench to the right of the doors where those who need to sit can do so.  Restrooms are behind the bench.   We started having employees come out to the lines around 10:15 asking to see your vaccination card, proof of negative test and boarding docs.  You should keep those 3 out at all times since you will be asked repeatedly until you board the ship for those documents.

Line in November. Far right

20211114_154012.thumb.jpg.de0a4d9bf195ddab5db634c935e3abc1.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SherriZ366 said:

Pat -- please keep me in the loop.  I have an 11 am check-in and will get to the terminal fairly early.  Just down the street at the Home2Suites.  

We are staying at the Hampton there where you are.  We are also sailing on the Harmony Jan. 2nd.  

Our plan is to go to the parking deck very early and try and secure a spot.  We will just go to Grills or try and kill some time until our 11:00am check in time

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

We are staying at the Hampton there where you are.  We are also sailing on the Harmony Jan. 2nd.  

Our plan is to go to the parking deck very early and try and secure a spot.  We will just go to Grills or try and kill some time until our 11:00am check in time

Please post about your experience in finding a parking space.  My friends got to the garage for the 12-5-2021 cruise at 10:30 AM.  They parked on the roof and there were about 6 spaces left.  

How early do you think we can drop off luggage?  

As you probably know, the Hampton and Home2 are actually one building.  We've stayed at Home2 twice and both times were great.  We've also stayed at Homewood a bunch of times and were pleased.  

1 hour ago, SherriZ366 said:

Please post about your experience in finding a parking space.  My friends got to the garage for the 12-5-2021 cruise at 10:30 AM.  They parked on the roof and there were about 6 spaces left.  

How early do you think we can drop off luggage?  

As you probably know, the Hampton and Home2 are actually one building.  We've stayed at Home2 twice and both times were great.  We've also stayed at Homewood a bunch of times and were pleased.  

This will be our fourth time staying there, we love it!!  

Our plan is to leave the hotel around 9am.  The porters should be there and ready to start accepting luggage around that time.  We are trying to time it to get there after some of the cruisers have left, but before the new group starts coming in.

Our check in time is not until 11:00 so we will just hang out either in the car or over at Grills if we have to.  Our #1 goal is to get a parking spot!

This is a new experience for us as we had no problem parking in August or October….so we will just have to hope for the best….

22 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

This will be our fourth time staying there, we love it!!  

Our plan is to leave the hotel around 9am.  The porters should be there and ready to start accepting luggage around that time.  We are trying to time it to get there after some of the cruisers have left, but before the new group starts coming in.

Our check in time is not until 11:00 so we will just hang out either in the car or over at Grills if we have to.  Our #1 goal is to get a parking spot!

This is a new experience for us as we had no problem parking in August or October….so we will just have to hope for the best….

I'm going to follow your plan.  Leave at 9 am; give luggage to porters, find a space, stay in the car for awhile (a good time to do the health questionnaire) and then go downstairs to check out the lines.  We have an 11 am check-in but are in a JS so we should be in the Suite line (we've been in that line before -- and during our last 2 cruises -- i.e. after re-start)   

1 hour ago, SherriZ366 said:

I'm going to follow your plan.  Leave at 9 am; give luggage to porters, find a space, stay in the car for awhile (a good time to do the health questionnaire) and then go downstairs to check out the lines.  We have an 11 am check-in but are in a JS so we should be in the Suite line (we've been in that line before -- and during our last 2 cruises -- i.e. after re-start)   

We may find plenty of parking but we just don’t want to take the chance, so we will do what we gotta do…..😁😁