The Daily for Wednesday December 15, 2021

richwmn

Good morning! Awaiting in hospital Laboratory  for routine lab work. Should be National lab day! Hope I don’t get a flat tire.

Haven’t heard from Rev. Himself hope he is doing OK and we are hoping and praying that there is some encouraging news from Jacqui.

Thanks Rich and all our contributing editors.

• Like 25

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing!

Safely back from our wonderful cruise on the Koningsdam!  We used HAL excursions in all three ports and they were some of the best we have been on. Surprisingly they were relatively cheap as well. Also booked two additional cruises for 2023 while taking advantage of the additional OBC for European cruises. One will find us back on our favorite Vista-class, the Zuiderdam, and the other what will be our third cruise on the Rotterdam.

Sam did well for the first time we have left him for an extended period of time.  Because his Alpha and Beta were gone, old habits of laying on the couches reappeared! It was funny to see the pictures DSIL took of him lounging about. I guess he howled for a few days calling out to us as well. He really likes his dogwalker and she will be staying with him in January. I'm sure she will pay constant attention to him when needed.

We were in Tallinn in 2017 aboard the Zuiderdam and I will post some photos from then later. Time for Sam's morning walk and it is  28degrees, 60 degrees colder than a week ago!  🙂

• Like 25

We arrived in Tallinn on Sept. 6, 2011 on Emerald Princess.  It was our 42nd wedding anniversary so a special destination for a special day.  Here we are arriving.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLme2QJBdmSOtC9xTIXmaZC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110606

It was an easy walk to the downtown area.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIwuodWzykvLk33wiU4BJwL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110614

The area is full of stone buildings like this.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL4Nk1JUUdfPZDYifAUYwPI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1320788012

So cool!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIXK-kYpNDd8JjKlon0aNw4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110945

I love this doorway!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJarlFvubanmfyiCpznRmbN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1320788041

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLV7rNy9Ef6fdVfwLQQscbwaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110962

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLYTbAZto1LPCtg6GQPocqn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110977

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKilreCIJ1Dm1CQI26uYJlx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110978

Wow, what an interesting facade on this building.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLvb_6QKxgJcabKYLAgQQXy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1320788119

We went in a marzipan shop because our traveling buddies were big fans of marzipan.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK4EzWcFAdRlL2ia_tjKo9S?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110995

Hmmmm...00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI0z2tnjKZafgVYfhnPnqFz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110998

A stunning floral display on this light.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJuwMr_TcvbS_62TwNWtMKOUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110998

What do you spot in this photo?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJU8N5CV0saHr22UgS6QYjN4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110967

You got it.  A huge Pontiac from the 1960's era.  I tried passing my driver's license test, parallel parking a Bonneville like this and failed.  Went back in my friend's tiny Chevrolet Corvair and passed it easily!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLom-D9FJzIKnE1MKG_hxoc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110972

A local souvenir seller showed us this collection of Estonian coins.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKdlZGtAXOajLEMyx8PQkv-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616111003

In a huge square in the middle of town.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKOg6d_eMpzYYNTlqqz7Svs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616111007

Political graffiti on this building.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLIOhUYR_3HljCR1OH6ikFS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616111024

A little archery competition00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKleFN8Fi5lpCmv8igT2gXZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616111042

An awesome church00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKTTs57XQ7MC8KbFOe6qz-K?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1320788262

Photograph of DH and I courtesy of our travel buddies.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKozUnCp4DfcTIHPK84TwRB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1320788266

And again00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIbtseA-eyJL1UpppKIxJzJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110939

Who doesn't like a pink building?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIIZLGSUb1TxaHxwQTVbQPn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616111054

And the Emerald Princess (back in 2011 so no sea witch on the hull)00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI2aUxa8aQyWKufan0eOeXM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616110606

• Like 29
  • Thanks 9

Good morning and thanks for the update.

Thanks everyone for letting me vent about the Dr appointment yesterday, I’m just not sure if I will continue with him. The medicine is not fully covered by insurance, another annoyance. 
  It’s a cool and sunny day here and tomorrow is even better.

I haven’t had hot tea in ages, but drink iced tea daily.

Special love for @kazuand blessings and prayers to all on our lists ❤️🙏

• Like 25

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Oh no.

The flat tyre is a sickener.

I hope your blood results are good.

Graham.

Just regular 6 mo. blood work Graham.

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

I can not believe they don’t have a bartender there who could help you. 

I know, right....so inconsiderate.  LOL

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

Good morning.  I would love Tea and a Lemon Cupcake.  I think I like the quote, not sure.  Have not been to today's destination.

Prayers and toasts to all of us.  @kazuyou and Jose are at the top of the prayer list.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Suffering Bastard (Trader Vic version)

30 ml gin
30 ml brandy
15 ml lime juice
2 dashes Angostura bitters
ginger beer to top up

Shake everything but ginger beer with ice, pour unstrained into glass, top with ginger beer.  Mint sprig & optional orange slice for garnish.

The Suffering B is the name for two different mixed drinks, one being more of a standard cocktail associated with World War II and the other being more of an exotic drink associated with Tiki bars. As is the case with many cocktails, there are multiple recipe variations and historical origins have been argued and changed over time. Two of the earliest recipe versions have very different ingredients. One from bartender Joe Scialom (1942) calls for brandy and gin, while another from Tiki pioneer Victor J. Bergeron (AKA Trader Vic) primarily uses rum along with "secret ingredients" and is known for being garnished with a cucumber.

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 9.44.33 AM.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 8

4 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Looking ahead at the PEV cruise schedule app, Volendam is showing up on January 4th for 1 day.🤞🎉

How ironic!  That's when the Volendam was supposed to start the Grand S. America and Antarctica cruise, before being postponed to Jan. 3, 2023.🤔

• Like 15

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. Nice collection of days but not a fan of the quote. 
I took a look at how many people have viewed this thread this morning. Lots of lurkers and lookers.

Continued prayers for Jacqui and Jose and for all on the care list.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

I am a self-confessed lurker....😊

Thought I would duck in to say hi to everyone. Not a big poster usually.

I have been to Tallin, Estonia, no pictures, but it is a beautiful small country with a really intersting culture and history.

Prayers and hugs (too familiar?) to everyone during these tough times in our lives, some more difficult than others.

Cheers to all as we all need some joy.

Take care!

• Like 30

Good morning  to all.We have actually been to the port of the day and really enjoyed it.My pictures are of their usual quality (!) so I will defer to Sandi's great ones.  @StLouisCruisers, DH had the same car in a darker green when we met and I eventually  became a decent parallel  Parker out if necessity.It was a beast!

Thinking of  @kazu, Jacqui and Jose  as well as Father @Himself. These are challenging  times indeed.

I salute the days and love a good cup of tea.The recipe is already  in rotation in this house and is a good idea for tonight. Our numbers have increased and I am trying  to come up with meals everyone likes.

I took the two dogs walking earlier and enjoyed the warmer Temps so far. Fred is exhausted having a playmate back in the house with him.It is fun to watch.

Terry

• Like 22

2 minutes ago, Cruisercl said:

I have been to Tallin, Estonia, no pictures, but it is a beautiful small country with a really intersting culture and history.

Prayers and hugs (too familiar?) to everyone during these tough times in our lives, some more difficult than others.

Take care!

Welcome!  Stop in to "talk" anytime!

• Like 21

39 minutes ago, SFO PETER said:

I am not a prayer guy but I am truly sad that some of my favorite posters or their spouses have very serious health problems.  Will send positive thoughts to all.

Peter

Thanks, Peter.  I'll take your positive thoughts any day.

30 minutes ago, Cruisercl said:

Take care!

Welcome to the Daily!

• Like 22

Good morning, and thanks to all who keep this community a comforting place to visit! And welcome to our new posters.

DDIL finally got to see a doctor last week and got some surprising news. Despite what DDI:'s original doctor diagnosed, the new doctor doesn't think she really has long-haul covid. However, she's not really sure what it is! So she has ordered a slew of tests and consultations with other doctors. The mystery continues, but my DDIL is happy that someone is taking her condition seriously! We are, too.

Thanks for all your prayers!

• Like 30

1 hour ago, Cruisercl said:

Take care!

Welcome to the Daily!  Post more often, we are a caring, nonjudgmental group. 

• Like 18

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

How ironic!  That's when the Volendam was supposed to start the Grand S. America and Antarctica cruise, before being postponed to Jan. 3, 2023.🤔

I wonder if it's really supposed to be there of they just haven't fixed the port schedule.

Roy

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Cruisercl said:

Take care!

Welcome to the Daily.

Roy

• Like 18

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Haven’t heard from Rev. Himself hope he is doing OK and we are hoping and praying that there is some encouraging news from Jacqu

I wonder what his living arrangements and if somebody is checking on him daily.

Roy

• Like 18

Way back in 2011 while on the Rotterdam VI we had a wonderful cruise from R’dam to R’dam to the Baltics and St Petersburg and joined one of the HAL “sticker tours “ to see some beautiful spots in Tallinn . 
Thanks for the pics @StLouisCruisers I hope to add a few different angles of this nice Capital city .

DSCF2178.thumb.jpg.f86c3e140834a07252cb0ee89f1719c9.jpg

1837884401_DSCF21792.thumb.jpg.65142e383ca6411bcf68510eb1d3fd03.jpg

I was trying hard to make a decision about this offer …………too much work , didn’t like the downspout  ! 
DSC00769.thumb.JPG.c96888baca5e1219dfa1eb9356f993dc.JPG

The place where they hold their annual International Choir competitions 

DSCF2184.thumb.jpg.5a7b2b2c7ceb9d2db19d14581be10dda.jpg

Our very nice , and feisty " redhead " guide gave us a great tour 

DSCF2190.thumb.jpg.b6cd5ee9e52d376f6e9f1e34a1b0db65.jpg

1877610151_DSCF21974.thumb.jpg.395f7cfb12c20b28082bba94701a3d09.jpg

DSCF2202.thumb.jpg.de162e15a392644b78eff9f025b9247f.jpg

DSCF2205.thumb.jpg.fce18dae2e0611c498a3545962395631.jpg

The ancient City Walls 
DSCF2200.thumb.jpg.ce6da9954ab3906a525510f7c5fceeb2.jpg

DSCF2207.thumb.jpg.628b221843242f0ea036c5eafed56ed7.jpg

822393060_DSCF22112.thumb.jpg.4082818dc0c5fa32442aa594c4183b2f.jpg

DSC00778.thumb.JPG.b15bdf5c9c9475775fa53e8ea3a1c3df.JPG

DSCF2216.thumb.jpg.954b5a3a235417c315c2127d20d69573.jpg

Would have loved to visit the other 2 Baltic states  Estonia and Lithuania , maybe they will be on a future cruise .

Drop the lines and let’s go to St Petersburg , we were so curious to see that amazing place ….

Our best wishes to all of our CC friends , we are specially thinking of  Jose , Jacqui , Roy and all other friends on the "care list " 
Tony 😆

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday. It took me 30 minutes to login to CC this morning. The login screen wouldn’t come up no matter what I did but finally I’m here. 

I have salmon in the fridge ready to cook for Craig but it’s for his lunches this week. I defrosted some of the carnitas and I think I’ll make burrito bowls tonight. 

Thank you for the Daily Rich. And thank you for the lists Roy. Prayers and good thoughts to everyone on the Care list. Prayers for Jose. I hope Jacqui is okay, I’m worried about her. Also @Himself hasn’t posted since he told us about his diagnosis. 

I have a lot of laundry to do today in preparation for packing. And I still have some last minute things to buy. The weather is weird, I think we have the tail end of the system Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiserhas. 

Lastly, Merry Christmas from Bar Harbor:

659491EF-9E7D-4F14-AFC8-6E838F2DAA71.thumb.jpeg.f474929425a4aab774a7c20f082554c6.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 30