The Daily for Wednesday December 15, 2021

richwmn

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

The Bill of Rights should be celebrated everyday, as it is what makes this country unique.  @jimgev The study you mentioned was interesting, but the results were scary.

Very true, the results were scary. The most scary thing is that if a similar study were to be conducted today, the results would be the same or perhaps ever worse.

Edited by jimgev
  • Like 9

17 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Windy here today, but not as bad as other Colorado points.  @durangoscots, are you talking about 160 or 550?  I refuse to go over Red Mountain and haven't since about 2002.  I can't quite figure out what pass you are talking about on 160.  I even got out the map to look.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone!

550..... I was having a mental lapse there. Usually when I am trying to get of town in the winter I am heading west on 160 which is no picnic either. I read in the paper this morning that there are actually 3 people in the truck. They were very, very lucky. Evidently in the winter that spot only gets 2 hours of sun a day.... so ice stays. And, they were not equipped for winter driving.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone. . It is Thursday morning here, grey and overcast. But looking at my photos of Tallinn made the morning a lot brighter. We walked everywhere. The little mice in the tea cups were made of marzipan! We were on a Zuiderdam Baltic cruise in June 2018. DH has just got up so better make him a cup of tea. Best wishes to all.

2CA3411D-F9B8-4CF6-A31A-700AA88C1BED.thumb.jpeg.34795b784cdeeb799c122651faf01c2c.jpeg013262C7-CB48-4AD4-AC53-54E476F9F14E.thumb.jpeg.a7f0e41e8e0e1af0cd5df01cd8799c09.jpeg1AA9DCFD-F8DD-40F6-A9D5-32D7FCF6AB7B.thumb.jpeg.05f7a6d59462f1d9ca81bf1999b5ac6e.jpeg

7321EC40-C227-4484-B787-15BD54A6EB0C.thumb.jpeg.95686a72176d008abed33d7a8577ab39.jpegBB208C1B-9CC6-47A4-9CE1-61E78DDC994C.thumb.jpeg.585f49c32a1decebebde460f83452aa7.jpeg3233AB2C-9D8A-4894-9810-6BFFD261D40E.thumb.jpeg.599fdfc2d72a914b447905f8d3724192.jpeg 

2409BB2D-3D28-48FD-86BE-7936CBB911FE.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, NextOne said:

Good morning, and thanks to all who keep this community a comforting place to visit! And welcome to our new posters.

DDIL finally got to see a doctor last week and got some surprising news. Despite what DDI:'s original doctor diagnosed, the new doctor doesn't think she really has long-haul covid. However, she's not really sure what it is! So she has ordered a slew of tests and consultations with other doctors. The mystery continues, but my DDIL is happy that someone is taking her condition seriously! We are, too.

Thanks for all your prayers!

I am so glad DDIL is being assessed properly and I hope she finds answers and help.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Well, we are finally home.  The drive from Miami to Bluffton was long.  We did it slowly and took three days

The cruise accomplished just what we wanted it to do.  We needed a rest after our challenging summer and fall and that is what we did.

We were well cared for.  We had a nice stateroom with a Butler, who really looked out for us.

Our ports changed a number of times but we went with the flow and didn’t even go out in all of them.

it was a welcome change.  We didn’t interact with many people, just kept to ourselves and always asked for a two top when dining.  

The food was good and I enjoyed not having to cook for a while.

I am concerned about not hearing any more news about @kazu and Jose.

i am keeping them in my prayers and hoping that things take a turn for the better. 

@Himself, I hope you recover from COVID.  I was very concerned a while back when you mentioned that you would not get vaccinated.  i hope you recover soon and that we hear from you.

All in all we are happy to be home.

Take care everyone.  I will try to post more often.

God bless.

Terri

• Like 18

32 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Well, we are finally home.  The drive from Miami to Bluffton was long.  We did it slowly and took three days

The cruise accomplished just what we wanted it to do.  We needed a rest after our challenging summer and fall and that is what we did.

We were well cared for.  We had a nice stateroom with a Butler, who really looked out for us.

Our ports changed a number of times but we went with the flow and didn’t even go out in all of them.

it was a welcome change.  We didn’t interact with many people, just kept to ourselves and always asked for a two top when dining.  

i am keeping them in my prayers and hoping that things take a turn for the better. 

@Himself, I hope you recover from COVID.  I was very concerned a while back when you mentioned that you would not get vaccinated.  i hope you recover soon and that we hear from you.

God bless.

Terri

Welcome home.  Have you gotten any relief from your autoimmune situation?

Roy

• Like 11

Good evening, everyone.

I had a very fruitful afternoon.  I rebooked my Canada/New England cruise under the current promotion and saved about $400.   I did the same with our Christmas 2022 cruise and used the savings to move from an inside cabin to a balcony cabin.  I'm a happy camper!

• Like 20

I contacted my TA about checking on a summer 2022 Princess cruise, to see if their Best.Sale.Ever sale would lower my cost without losing my perks.  She said she'd been on hold with Princess for 6 hours already today and will put me on the list for tomorrow.  That's crazy!  But it's a good discount so she has to persevere.  I feel so bad for her!

• Like 13

6 hours ago, lazey1 said:

I was in Tallin waaay back in 2008, a port on our 50th anniversary cruise aboard the Eurodam. No photos to post but I certainly am enjoying the ones that others have posted.

I salute the Bill of Rights, love lemon cupcakes and enjoy tea with or without lemon. Those lemon honey salmon photos are making me hungry and it is only 10:30 am here. Both the drink and the wine I will give a pass to.

Sending prayers for Jose and Jacqui along with Himself and all the others on our care list and hoping that Jacqui and Himself will feel up to checking in with us.

Jane

Jane, we talked to the Mariner coordinator on the ship last Friday at the recepton.  I mentioned the January 16 Hawaii cruise, and she said they have their fingers crossed.  🤞 that it will go.  They are still waitimg to hear if Hawaii will open to cruise ships by then.  Sorry< I don't have better news for your.

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

The Bill of Rights is very important. Haven't had a lemon cupcake. I'm mainly a coffee drinker, but like some English teas, and Chai tea.

Interesting quote.

I'll pass on fish, as usual, and the drink. The wine sounds interesting.

I haven't been to today's destination. Thanks for the pictures @StLouisCruisers @sailingdutchy @Quartzsite Cruiser @tjcox9

It's cloudy here, but warm. BFF said he slept ok, but had not tried any food or drink yet, as yesterday any eating brought on significant mouth pain. I told him I could get Boost or Ensure for him if he still couldn't eat.

@kazu Prayers for Jose and you.

@rafinmd Thanks for including BFF on the care list.

@Himself I hope you are doing alright.

@grapau27 I'm glad to hear that Pauline's symptoms from the shot are waning.

@summer slope Sorry about the flat tire.

@Cruisercl Welcome to the Daily!

@NextOne I'm glad to hear DDIL is getting more investigation to sort out her issues.

@Cruising-along Disney is fabulous at Christmas! I've only been to Disneyworld.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone. I heard a stat that 1 out of 100 people over 65 are getting Covid. At least being vaccinated should make it a milder illness.

Glad your BFF could sleep okay, but hope he can eat something soon.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

God bless.

Terri

Welcome home.  Glad you had a good, restful time.  On our recent cruise, we also asked for a two top.  Normally, we aske for a table for 4-6, but did not feel that was the thing to do this time.

36 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good evening, everyone.

I had a very fruitful afternoon.  I rebooked my Canada/New England cruise under the current promotion and saved about $400.   I did the same with our Christmas 2022 cruise and used the savings to move from an inside cabin to a balcony cabin.  I'm a happy camper!

Congratulations on all the s avings and the upgrade.  

All the cookies are out of the oven and ready to be decorated tomorrow.  Tonight, I'm just going to relax and have some wine.  🍷

Hope everyone stays safe will all the storms arund the country.

Lenda

• Like 14

Thanks for all the daily reports, recipes and photos, appreciate seeing views of today's port, which we have not visited, it looks to be a lovely place.

Welcome to the new posters on the daily thread.

@NextOnethanks for the update of your DDIL, it is so important to consult a doctor who listens.

News reports state that 90% of the eligible population  have now received two doses of the Pfizer  vaccine.  

Aucklanders who are double vaccinated or who have a negative covid test can now travel around the country. 

Sending best wishes to all on the Care list, am very concerned about @kazuJacqui and Jose, and @Himself

Another cool, wet day, temperature 13 C. 

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 15

Prayers for those on the care list, especially Kazu and Himself,  and cheers for those on the celebration list.

Thanks to those who posted pictures of Tallinn.  I spent my birthday there, on a Baltic cruise.

On a TA, travelling alone, I met a wonderful lady who was also travelling by herself. She was born in Tallinn, and left with her mother and brother during the war, while he father worked with the resistance. She had some really tough years, losing twin brothers to malnutrition, and eventually they found her father and moved to Canada. She was such a strong lady.  Very elegant, and at 83, wore high heels to dinner every night!   It was an honour to meet her.

• Like 13

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Welcome home.  Have you gotten any relief from your autoimmune situation?

Roy

Thank you for asking.  My last blood test on Nov. 30 showed a decrease in the inflammation, but still above normal.

My Prednisone has been decreased from 15 mg to 10 mg for the next 2 months.

However, I still have considerable pain especially in the mornings and have trouble dressing.  If I were alone, I would be in my PJs all day.  Thank God for DH. It is better than before the medication, but still a problem.  

I am thinking that my body has to get used to the lower dosage and will adjust.  My next blood test is Jan. 25.  We will see how I am doing at that point and the pain level.  My one concern is that it is affecting my hands as well. Trying to squeeze a tube or open a bottle is pure torture.

Doing the best I can.

Terri

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7