The Daily for Saturday December 18, 2021

richwmn

Good morning, everyone.  

Continued prayers for @kazu Jacqui and Jose.   Hoping we hear from @Himself today.  

It is a gloomy rainy day here in northeast Ohio.  At least it isn't snow and I don't have to shovel it.  Nothing planned for today.   I'm just staying in and avoiding crowds.

The meatballs sound good.   This first recipe is pretty basic and uses zucchini in place of pasta for a low carb meal.   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/keto-meatballs-and-sauce/

920320752_ketomeatballs3.jpg.1ec59ef0dcba9162726e82dd317926e8.jpg

This recipe calls for some sausage in the mix.   Pork can sweeten up a dish.  https://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/keto-meatballs/

1579082309_ketomeatballs2.thumb.jpg.d897e5c5dcfe747180379bb0b014c746.jpg

This one has tons of tips on how to make your meatballs and have them come out tender and round.  https://www.lowcarbmaven.com/low-carb-meatballs-recipe-italian-style/

560219279_ketomeatballs.thumb.jpg.023d7f06d7a16840d429ea0e9698b0c1.jpg

Enjoy!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 9

19 minutes ago, Rowsby said:

Needed to share.....:)

Today is our 50th Anniversary....and we just can't believe it.....!!!

50th Anniversary.jpg

Happy anniversary and wishing you many more. I agree about the “can’t believe it” part. Where does the time go. Hope you can celebrate with family and friends. We were able to have a small celebration in Florida with friends for ours in February 2020 but never did get the bigger party in here at home because of Covid lockdowns.

• Like 20

Good morning and thanks for the update.

It’s a chilly rainy day and tomorrow is supposed to be cool but dry.

I have to get the tree up today, just waited to long to get a real tree, so bought a small artificial one. 
I hope to go to a concert tonight at our county park, it’s a brass group, includes some church members.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists ❤️🙏

• Like 25

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Today is a sea day and our last day on the ship.  I tried to go into this cruise with an open mind understanding that things would be different than HAL.  I’m working on a cruise report that compares this experience to my HAL experiences, just not sure if it would be considered a review.  Honestly I’m glad we did it since we both have had a good time.  I have learned that a cruise director can make a difference on the cruise experience.  Jody has been very involved in the onboard activities.  

My sister is visiting our mom today to check in on her.  I asked her to read the discharge report to confirm the diagnosis.  Mom is wearing a sling and not a cast.

I hope that everyone has a good weekend.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Saturday Daily, Rich.  A great selection of days with a special shoutout to @USN59-79 and anybody else who has served.  I like the Leno quote but will pass on the meatballs.  I have never been today's port.  A special Anniversary Congratulations for @Rowsby.

Was out early with 2 walks totaling about 35 minutes and visited Wegmans and Panera this morning.  I chilly day today with cold coming tomorrow.

Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

4 days for Rich and Sharon (Rotterdam to 2 Jan)

Roy, you are so kind to keep track of all the regular Daily posters going on cruises. I honestly don’t know how you do it!  Would you be able to add to this particular sailing two more?  Susan @AV8rix and Katie @garlictown. I just recently found out they are sailing with us!  We will have a good representation of Daily Family on board!  ⛴🎄🍾🥂

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Roy, you are so kind to keep track of all the regular Daily posters going on cruises. I honestly don’t know how you do it!  Would you be able to add to this particular sailing two more?  Susan @AV8rix and Katie @garlictown. I just recently found out they are sailing with us!  We will have a good representation of Daily Family on board!  ⛴🎄🍾🥂

Are they getting off January 3 as well?

Roy

• Like 11

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

Are they getting off January 3 as well?

Roy

Not me.  I'm B2B 'til Jan 9.  And I BELATEDLY thought about having a "Dailyites" banner made and requesting a wave from the aft portside Lido Deck.  Oh well. 

And thanks for all you do, @rafinmd.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1