Oceania website

nursinadream

24 minutes ago, nursinadream said:

Anyone having a problem with Oceania web page?  My upcoming cruise is no longer listed.  Trying to add a new cruise too, not able.

Deb

It's Saturday, the day that Oceania does its website maintenance, so cruise information may not be accurate or complete.  Check tomorrow or Monday, and it should all be back up.  Not an unusual occurrence.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, nursinadream said:

Anyone having a problem with Oceania web page?  My upcoming cruise is no longer listed.  Trying to add a new cruise too, not able.

Deb

The search feature here on CC has a zillion threads explaining that O website “issues” on Saturday afternoon to evening (Eastern Time) is usually website maintenance.

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

The search feature here on CC has a zillion threads explaining that O website “issues” on Saturday afternoon to evening (Eastern Time) is usually website maintenance.

So true and so many ignoring it.  Just read the "new mask policy" thread that has gone off the rails....

• Like 1

Cruise Critic has a section of threads on each Forum that remains posted. Here on Oceania’s forum it’s a list of Free Shuttles.

There is zero reason why this weekly asked question doesn’t join that list. What do they call it, a “ stickie”?

Make this a stickie!!! 

Oh Jazz, are you reading??

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Oh @pinotlover you want to propose the wording (that wouldn't offend one of Cruise Critic's major advertisers)?  Way above my pay grade!

LOL!

seriously, how about cruiseline website support? Website navigation? Neither one seems offensive……..

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Oh @pinotlover you want to propose the wording (that wouldn't offend one of Cruise Critic's major advertisers)?  Way above my pay grade!

Title:  Oceania Website Maintenance 

Dialog:  Oceania routinely performs website maintenance on Saturdays or over the entire weekend. This may lead to one being unable to access their accounts, or find other information on their website. The system is normally back up and functioning properly on Monday morning. Your information hasn’t been lost.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Dialog:  Oceania routinely performs website maintenance on Saturdays or over the entire weekend. This may lead to one being unable to access their accounts, or find other information on their website. The system is normally back up and functioning properly on Monday morning. Your information hasn’t been lost.

Just stick it on a sticky FAQ post along with dress codes and O life queries

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

“Your information hasn’t been lost” should be the initial sentence. And something like “this secures your personal info during the website work.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

“Your information hasn’t been lost” should be the initial sentence. And something like “this secures your personal info during the website work.”

Thanks for that helpful quote that "should be...."  Indeed it is not there when I log on.  My website issue is not a Saturday maintenance thing.  And I'd still like to know if others are having any problems.  I've done the usual fixes; powered off, cleared the cache and signed out of web page.  Not a big concern I just wanted to view my new booking.

Deb

23 minutes ago, nursinadream said:

Thanks for that helpful quote that "should be...."  Indeed it is not there when I log on.  My website issue is not a Saturday maintenance thing.  And I'd still like to know if others are having any problems.  I've done the usual fixes; powered off, cleared the cache and signed out of web page.  Not a big concern I just wanted to view my new booking.

Deb

One more step: try it on your phone. If that doesn’t work, call O on Monday.

FWIW: I just looked at our next cruise and it’s there. So, the website is working.

• Like 1

So I'm assuming you were having this issue Friday or before? 

As far as adding a new cruise. Make sure it has had the deposit made. In the past I've booked a cruise, TA has put it on hold, or Confirmed status, but hasn't actually paid deposit yet. You can't add those until deposit is actually made. May not be your issue but is an issue I've ran into before. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, nursinadream said:

Deb

Was the new booking there before??

Make sure you are using the same log on account # /name as you used  before

Maybe call O on Monday & have them check into it for you

JMO

5 hours ago, nursinadream said:

Deb

Interesting...my account is there with both my bookings and the shore excursions I selected.   

terry and shepherd, thanks for your helpful comments.  I use a fully updated Chrome browser.  I haven't called "O" for help yet.  My TA is processing my newly booked cruise now, which explains why that on isn't showing yet.  My previously booked cruise is still not there. Not a big deal.  It will get sorted soon.

Deb

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nursinadream said:

terry and shepherd, thanks for your helpful comments.  I use a fully updated Chrome browser.  I haven't called "O" for help yet.  My TA is processing my newly booked cruise now, which explains why that on isn't showing yet.  My previously booked cruise is still not there. Not a big deal.  It will get sorted soon.

Deb

Did you add the booking number to your account?

Usually you have to add it  plus the ship/date of sailing  for it to show up

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, today is Tuesday so we cannot blame the weekend on this error. Sometimes I like to browse the O website as if I could either afford or have the time or energy to book another cruise. Oh how I wish it were so! 
When window shopping on the special offers for reduced single supplement page, I see the months are written in what I believe is Portuguese. Everything else is in English. Too funny! (Is it obvious I am bored during my COVID-induced retirement?)

EBD11E5A-0BB1-4B96-8580-A841A7329CF6.jpeg

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Ok, today is Tuesday so we cannot blame the weekend on this error. Sometimes I like to browse the O website as if I could either afford or have the time or energy to book another cruise. Oh how I wish it were so! 

That happened before  ,maybe the IT person works better in Portuguese  😉

• Haha 1

The Oceania web site has to be the worst of any cruise line we have delt with. Using MS Edge, I cannot open any of the pricing links for any cruise. If I open the website in Chrome, I have no problems like MS Edge. This has been going on for several months. Whoever runs their IT department needs to be fired and replaced.

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

The Oceania web site has to be the worst of any cruise line we have delt with. Using MS Edge, I cannot open any of the pricing links for any cruise. If I open the website in Chrome, I have no problems like MS Edge. This has been going on for several months. Whoever runs their IT department needs to be fired and replaced.

With all due respect there is no way it holds a light to the Celebrity website. At least in my experience. But I use Chrome, not a fan of Edge at all, nor Windows 10.