And now we are sick…

denas

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

🤔 Something positive? The husband has covid, their cruise has to be canceled and there is always the possibility of another family member getting it. Probably the only positive thing that would come out of it is if the ship sinks and they aren’t on it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

@denas Sorry this is happening to your family and of all times during Christmas. Hope hubby has very mild symptoms and you all are able to keep it from spreading. 

Just trying to be positive. I have always found that when something goes wrong, it turns out for the better. Maybe they will end up needing the money and will have it now, maybe there's an accident the day they were supposed to drive, etc. I just approach life with the attitude that God has a plan, and things happen for a reason. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

🤔 Something positive? The husband has covid, their cruise has to be canceled and there is always the possibility of another family member getting it. Probably the only positive thing that would come out of it is if the ship sinks and they aren’t on it. 🤷🏼‍♀️

@denas Sorry this is happening to your family and of all times during Christmas. Hope hubby has very mild symptoms and you all are able to keep it from spreading. 

Edited by shelpt

I feel your pain.  DW and I missed our Oasis 10/24 cruise when I tested positive two days before.  She tested negative but became ill later that day.   She is just home after 7 weeks in the hospital. We are on the Christmas Eve cruise as well. Taking our tests tomorrow.  I am cautiously optimistic.  I hope your family is well.

• Like 1

Heaven forbid that someone hopes something positive (besides a Covid test) comes out of an opportunity likely lost.

Are we not allowed to be positive here?  There seem to be lots of posts wanting to take a dump on someone trying to be nice in a bad situation.

To the OP...I hope anyone infected can recover quickly and, if the cruise has to be canceled for now, you can find a suitable replacement for it in the near future.  We have the same issue...we have two folks still in school and their schedule is tight until graduation...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TexasRon said:

Heaven forbid that someone hopes something positive (besides a Covid test) comes out of an opportunity likely lost.

Are we not allowed to be positive here?  There seem to be lots of posts wanting to take a dump on someone trying to be nice in a bad situation.

To the OP...I hope anyone infected can recover quickly and, if the cruise has to be canceled for now, you can find a suitable replacement for it in the near future.  We have the same issue...we have two folks still in school and their schedule is tight until graduation...

Exactly.  And the positive to me is that they didn’t find out onboard and deal with a myriad of potential difficult situations on top of the main health issue. Not to mention getting others sick in the program.  I’d say finding out now is a huge positive when you look at it with some clarity after the sadness and frustration of missing the cruise fades.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Trailcon said:

I feel your pain.  DW and I missed our Oasis 10/24 cruise when I tested positive two days before.  She tested negative but became ill later that day.   She is just home after 7 weeks in the hospital. We are on the Christmas Eve cruise as well. Taking our tests tomorrow.  I am cautiously optimistic.  I hope your family is well.

Your story perfectly exemplifies the holes in the safety net for cruising.  If your wife was going by herself, and her symptoms didn’t kick in as quickly, she might have become ill on the ship instead.  Clearly a small number of people are testing negative a couple days before the test can pick up the virus and then boarding the ships.  Makes me wonder if we are going to start seeing tighter testing windows or the current testing system plus day of boarding testing at the port for everyone.  With Omicron and low vaccination efficacy, they are going to have to make some kind of changes or large breakouts will be too common in the short run.  

Glad to hear your wife battled through it.  Hope you have a great Christmas cruise.  

I'm so sorry your family isn't able to cruise. I know it must be very disappointing! I hope your husband feels better soon, and no one else gets sick. 

I understand the timing with school. We have a college freshman and are getting nervous to cruise on 1/3. Mostly worried that she could end up having to quarantine when we return, and miss the first week of school, which would stress her out so badly.

I hope your family has a good Christmas despite the disappointment.

2 hours ago, Trailcon said:

So glad your wife is recovering, and hope you have a wonderful cruise.

To the OP, I'm thankful this didn't happen to you on the cruise, and I wish you all well.  I would be sad too.  

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 2

7 weeks in a hospital, and just home 3 or 4 days home and you are going to jump on a cruise ship in 3 days? 😲 You think that is wise? Hope your insurance is fully paid up?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, clover18 said:

Nobody is wearing them on odyssey they are very lax. Might want to stay home. I’m sitting in the bar relaxing without a mask along with 30 other people 

The first 3 weeks on the Odyssey they were strict, guess they got tired of reminding people. 

14 hours ago, sjb317 said:

I did ad soon as I read who the poster is.🙄

Sherri🙂

Same here.

5 hours ago, shelpt said:

Just trying to be positive. I have always found that when something goes wrong, it turns out for the better. Maybe they will end up needing the money and will have it now, maybe there's an accident the day they were supposed to drive, etc. I just approach life with the attitude that God has a plan, and things happen for a reason. 

Guess things don’t always work out for you though.

Sorry to hear about your wife and glad she is finally home. That’s a long time to be in the hospital. Covid really sucks.

OP, sorry you have to miss the cruise, but hope your husband recovers quickly.  I tested positive days before my Allure cruise last August and Royal was great about it.  Everything was refunded (took awhile), including my winning Royal UP bid.  Hope you have a nice Christmas. 

15 hours ago, denas said:

So my husband had a headache yesterday and a sore throat. We are supposed to do a family cruise with our three kids on Anthem leaving Christmas Eve. I used one of our bionax tests. It was positive. He is getting a PCR done today but I am so disappointed since it’s not likely to be a “false” positive. Plus now I have to pivot and get everything together for Christmas at home.

After five cancelled cruises you would think I would be used to the disappointment and stop trying.  Now to figure out how lto get money back or decide to try again. Unfortunately this was one of the last options for my college-aged son since Spring Breaks and summer internships don’t line up with my high schooler. 

Sorry to hear it. I fear this over the next few days before my cruise on Sunday.

I am so sorry. I hope your husband recovers quickly and that no one else gets sick.

We are testing tomorrow for boarding Anthem Friday. I am so nervous about every cough or sniffle, though we are all boostered, except my ineligible son. I’ve also thought about how we would spend the week at home if necessary. 

• Like 1