The Daily for Thursday 12/23/2021

richwmn

9 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I thought it may take the burden from you posting it every day. How can someone survive so long with no food or water? We're so very sad for such a great guy to be in this state..

It won't take very many days for him to pass if he is not eating or drinking (from our experience).  I do hope his passing is peaceful.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

It won't take very many days for him to pass if he is not eating or drinking (from our experience).  I do hope his passing is peaceful.

Agreed.  I think when he finally does pass it will go to the celebrations rather than the concerns.

Roy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 39°F and cloudy here in NE England.

The hospital has just rang and I have to be there at 07.30am GMT in the morning for my BCC op.

Thank you for today's daily Rich while on your cruise.

Thank you Roy for all the lists.

Roots day is good for checking our family histories with relatives.

Meatloaf is the suggested meal for Festivus.

We have been to Casablanca but not Tangier so I will look forward to seeing pictures.

Prayers for everyone on the care list.

Happy cruising to all Dailyites on the Rotterdam.

Take care and stay safe 😷.

Graham.

Wishing you the best for  your op and and you will fine  and  well.

Jim.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone and Happy Thursday. The Rotterdam daily mat changer missed an elevator today and one was still Wednesday. We pointed it out to a couple getting on the elevator and Craig told them they were getting in a time machine and the couple said good!, we get one more day on the cruise!  

We had a great time last night with the Daily group. It was so nice to see them in person. The young man standing next to Rich is Adam, @lindaler’s son. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 21
  • Haha 2

Good morning from chilly, cloudy and soon to be snowy Durango. I suspect our precip will start as rain.... then freeze (oh joy!) and then turn to snow. Our local weather guru says snow in some form for the next 8 days. We need it, but I think the folks in the higher elevations will be tired of it pretty soon. The ski areas are thrilled beyond belief. Just glad my niece and family made it to Denver ok. They are worrying a bit about getting back from Denver to California. I have stocked up well so I don't have to go out. Thought about going out to pick up a few last minutes wants this morning.... then thought about the crowded stores due to weather and holiday and the bare shelves I saw the other day ... and decided I did not need anything more. And most importantly, I have dog food for the little Bandit.

My positive thoughts and wishes to all who need the support these days. And thanks to all who are posting those great pictures of destinations.... my list of "to go" places is getting longer and longer.

Our county had its first pediatric death from covid yesterday.... so sad and so scary. Maybe it is best to stay in for awhile.

Susan

• Like 14
  • Thanks 8

I hope everyone enjoyed their extra 3 seconds of sunlight yesterday....after Tuesday's Winter Solstice.....:)

And a huge kudo to this UK couple....who built a 21 foot Lego replica of the Old London Bridge c 1400 including a frozen Thames....!!!    Obviously....they don't have a cat....:)

21 foot Lego of old London Bridge c 1400 with the frozen Thames.jpg

• Like 25
  • Haha 6

Good morning all!

It's a balmy 36F this morning, but we're heading for some cold weather.  "Frozen mix" the next few days, down to a low of 5F and highs in the low 20's, and snow next week.  Hopefully not a lot of snow.  

I'll pass on all the days except for roots.  @JazzyVyou aren't alone, I've never watched an episode of Seinfeld either.  Will pass on the red wine, the meal sounds good.  

Today is another day of prep for Christmas, but tomorrow I'll be in the kitchen all day.  It's just DH and me on Christmas Eve, so we'll get take-out tomorrow night. 

@grapau27best wishes everything goes well for you tomorrow!

@bdrcoleI loved your photos of Tangiers!  (and the doors, I also love doors!)

@mamaofami thank goodness you were wearing a good mask.  Am I the only one who is shocked that the woman doing the echocardiogram wasn't wearing a mask???  All medical professionals here are required to wear them at all times, no matter how far away from patients.  I can't help but be angry that she wasn't wearing one!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

It's a balmy 36F this morning, but we're heading for some cold weather.  "Frozen mix" the next few days, down to a low of 5F and highs in the low 20's, and snow next week.  Hopefully not a lot of snow.  

I'll pass on all the days except for roots.  @JazzyVyou aren't alone, I've never watched an episode of Seinfeld either.  Will pass on the red wine, the meal sounds good.  

Today is another day of prep for Christmas, but tomorrow I'll be in the kitchen all day.  It's just DH and me on Christmas Eve, so we'll get take-out tomorrow night. 

@grapau27best wishes everything goes well for you tomorrow!

@bdrcoleI loved your photos of Tangiers!  (and the doors, I also love doors!)

@mamaofami thank goodness you were wearing a good mask.  Am I the only one who is shocked that the woman doing the echocardiogram wasn't wearing a mask???  All medical professionals here are required to wear them at all times, no matter how far away from patients.  I can't help but be angry that she wasn't wearing one!

Thank you so much for your best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, irishjim said:

Wishing you the best for  your op and and you will fine  and  well.

Jim.

Much appreciated Jim.

Thank you.

Graham.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Am I the only one who is shocked that the woman doing the echocardiogram wasn't wearing a mask???  All medical professionals here are required to wear them at all times, no matter how far away from patients.  I can't help but be angry that she wasn't wearing one!

No, I had the same thought. Here all personnel in medical facilities, doctors' offices and labs are masked.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, Dailyites!  It is supposed to be snowing here, but instead we have a blue sky and some sun peeking through a few clouds.  I think that means it's going to be cold, though.  Pat has been bringing in the hummingbird feeders at night, and then getting up early to take them out in the morning.  The birds are usually waiting for him and buzz right down to the feeders, and then they squabble over them all day.  They should be heading south, but are willing to stay with us al winter as people continue to feed them.  

Praying today for all those suffering at this time of year, @kazu, Jacqui and Jose,  Father @Himself, everyone on the Care List, Walter, and of course @grapau27, tomorrow!  Good luck with your surgery.  

We went to Tangier in 2014 on the Maasdam's Atlantic Adventurer, Tangier on the way to the Med and Marrakech on the way back to Fort Lauderdale.  A lot of my pictures are very like @bdrcole's.  We had a walking tour with a guide from TBL I think.   We had a very fancy lunch at the Marhaba Palace (Marhaba means "hello") ...  But first we had a drive to a lookout where, on a clear day, you could see Gibraltar .  We didn't, but there were souvenirs to buy, of course.

P1070601.thumb.JPG.17f32cf5f21373062d163da2d84fdede.JPG

Back in town we went to a church where British airmen from WW2 were buried.

P1070602.thumb.JPG.51430900253071e35d1cfc26c670fe5f.JPG

P1070603.thumb.JPG.f153cb67a93cf0ee4f10d89f5f5d8ca6.JPG

Then a walking tour of the Casbah.  We would have been completely lost without our guide!

P1070629.thumb.JPG.a01da085190efaf01e3092a51a21ec1a.JPG

P1070636.thumb.JPG.cf029f34d5e347cce8d45875d3d0bb69.JPG

P1070659.thumb.JPG.eaaa93f2c012247bf78b4d3e1a021baa.JPG

P1070620.thumb.JPG.72f7c22db4c1e2b4c8af91816412587d.JPG

P1070640.thumb.JPG.593c2d3ee80fede0e838a5385e558294.JPG

283443346_P10706972.thumb.JPG.31478677c495c70d9c07a9b3c345ce4a.JPG

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

Had to delivery some Chirstmas Chocolate to the vets office and to our heart doc, picked up donuts for breakfast and headed to our favorite Greek restaurant in Decatur GA.  It was closed...hmmm?? for the holiday??? nope. sign on door said due to contact with covid closed until the 29th. 

Noticed that recently our servers were not wearing masks.

WEAR YOUR MASKS!

public safety announcement.😼

• Like 22