Symphony - terrible / no shows / Covid ?

danielwje1

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Actually she did say that. Someone quoted the aida shut down and she replied maybe they should shut down.

Yes, I saw that post.  @Rosy Season never said that he/she "wants" cruises to shut down.  Those are two different things. 

I'm sure that cruise lines will do everything possible to keep cruising, but I also think that may not be possible.  I think this will happen mostly because they will get so many cancellations.  But I certainly don't "want" them to shut down.  

Again, the cruise lines won't listen to me, and nothing said here will have the slightest impact on "your" cruise.  

Edited by Lou33

6 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

The Celebrity poster wasn’t allowed to stay in their cabin. They were moved to “Covid Row”, just like on Royal. Their quarantine cabin had a balcony, but others posting in that thread said theirs didn’t so sounds like pot luck.

And the people who do get a balcony on COVID row are not allowed to open the balcony door.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LATTELOVE said:

Really, that stinks.

No wonder people are going stir crazy.

Too confined.

We had a balcony. We were on it and then got a call from Guest Services to shut the balcony.  I was surprised because I guess I didn't realize they even knew when balcony doors were open.  But I guess it makes sense.

What's sad is that the customer service was so bad that some of the covid cabins were just going outside on their balcony to force a call from Guest Services.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LATTELOVE said:

Really, that stinks.

No wonder people are going stir crazy.

Too confined.

Well gee.  Ya know that that sneaky Omicron virus can just slip out over the railing and get blown from fore to aft and infect someone.  🙄

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

We had a balcony. We were on it and then got a call from Guest Services to shut the balcony.  I was surprised because I guess I didn't realize they even knew when balcony doors were open.  But I guess it makes sense.

What's sad is that the customer service was so bad that some of the covid cabins were just going outside on their balcony to force a call from Guest Services.

Very sad to see this happening,

Hope you are ok and safe at home.

• Like 1

Just now, LATTELOVE said:

Very sad to see this happening,

Hope you are ok and safe at home.

Still quarantined in Orlando 😞

I can't wait to get home, wash my clothes, snuggle my dog (who is the other unintended victim being stuck at the dog boarder - who is actually fabulous and a lovely personal home thank god) and get back to normal! lol

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

that is so ridiculous.  Why wouldn't they want to air out room???  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

that is so ridiculous.  Why wouldn't they want to air out room???  

I was only told when Vision was pulling up next to us.  I think someone else was told when we were docked. So maybe they didn't want us out there communicating with other people? lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dianajo67 said:

I don’t believe this is completely true any longer.  Spent a long time yesterday trying to get a refund for my 80+ year old parents versus an FCC.  The CS rep tried very hard to get authorization for the refund and we went through the supervisory chain and resolutions.  No luck as it was after final payment (Harmony 16 Jan).  Seems Royal feels they are losing too much money.  They are giving refunds if you test positive before the cruise, but FCCs for confined days if you contract while onboard.  I’m sure Some folks got lucky or had a TA with connections who managed to get a refund….but it is by far the exception at the moment….and yes we cited protocols.

UGH.  This doesn't surprise me.  

I'm sorry that you weren't successful in getting a refund.  It seems ridiculous that they wouldn't refund your parents' fares since they may have a limited chance to use an FCC.

The truth is, I cancelled and submitted for all of my refunds immediately after they made the announcement of protocols through March for this very reason.  I had a very strong suspicion that they would eventually stop the cash refunds.  Looks like it was a good instinct. I guess I should be VERY relieved that we got our money back.  Since we have NO plans to get vaccinated I cannot imagine what I would have done with $25K worth of FCC's !!

Our cancellations were initiated in mid November and all of the monies were refunded by the third week in December.  The only FCC's that we received (2@$200) are for some Air 2 Sea refunds (at least that's what we think....this hasn't been confirmed yet).

I am still reading of others who are getting refunds, but as you suggest, it might be onesies and twosies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rosy Season said:

Many of you have put me in a positive of defense, called me a liar, an opportunist, trying to milk the company etc and that's not fair.  None of it. I want RCCL to do what they promised and treat us and the situation with a modicum of respect which has not happened.

I'm sorry that you are still dealing with a bad experience, and you try to share your first hand account of what could happen, and then you get attacked.  

I think some people may feel threatened by any negative reports about the cruise industry.  They want to go on "their" cruise, no ifs, ands, or buts.  And they are worried that negative reports could somehow impact their cruise.  But trying to suppress or discredit bad news isn't going to change reality.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lou33 said:

I'm sure that cruise lines will do everything possible to keep cruising, but I also think that may not be possible.  I think this will happen mostly because they will get so many cancellations.  But I certainly don't "want" them to shut down. 

Sadly, it looks like it's starting.  The Norwegian Pearl is heading back to port, and the Norwegian Getaway is cancelled.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rosy Season said:

There is a control panel in the engine control room where they can monitor every balcony door from a central location.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pratique said:

There is a control panel in the engine control room where they can monitor every balcony door from a central location.

They also can monitor and adjust the temperature in every cabin....it's amazing how the technology is on these ships.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bajathree said:

They also can monitor and adjust the temperature in every cabin....it's amazing how the technology is on these ships.

Yes. I remember when the fleet was parked in 2020 Captain Kate did a video where she was going from cabin to cabin to flush the toilets and run the showers to keep the water circulating in the pipes. So we know they can't remote control everything. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

Yes. I remember when the fleet was parked in 2020 Captain Kate did a video where she was going from cabin to cabin to flush the toilets and run the showers to keep the water circulating in the pipes. So we know they can't remote control everything. LOL

That’s good use of a Captain’s time.

• Haha 2

"IF???" the 8 of us get on the ship Sunday, that will be GOOD, hopefully.  We are trying to find something POSITIVE about this whole virus mess.  My d-i-l said, if she is going to be quarantined, then at least she has her "balcony" to be on at that time. 🙂  Just have to find some humor along with everything else.

17 minutes ago, beshears said:

"IF???" the 8 of us get on the ship Sunday, that will be GOOD, hopefully.  We are trying to find something POSITIVE about this whole virus mess.  My d-i-l said, if she is going to be quarantined, then at least she has her "balcony" to be on at that time. 🙂  Just have to find some humor along with everything else.

Quarantined folks aren't allowed on balcony. 

Sorry

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LGW59 said:

the ship was sitting in the middle of the ocean with no passengers.  A good team leader does whatever it takes

A good team leader would delegate a job like that to one of the 100 plus crew that are more qualified for the job. They wouldn’t post it on the internet to get the publicity.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

A good team leader would delegate a job like that to one of the 100 plus crew that are more qualified for the job. They wouldn’t post it on the internet to get the publicity.

Perhaps they posted it to inspire their team.  You grandgeezer seem to always focus on making something/anything a negative.  I do hope your glass is always half full.  If not, I’m happy to add a pour to make it so. Cheers!!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Perhaps they posted it to inspire their team.  You grandgeezer seem to always focus on making something/anything a negative.  I do hope your glass is always half full.  If not, I’m happy to add a pour to make it so. Cheers!!

fetchimage.jpg

• Haha 2