The Daily for Saturday 12/25/2021

richwmn

33 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon and MERRY CHRISTMAS! to all who celebrate.

Funny quote.

Dinner will be homemade pizza, since it's just me. I'll take the punch and pass on the wine.

I was in Puerto Madryn on my SA/Antarctica cruise in 2019. I'll post a few pics separately.

It's very rainy here today and warm.

@kazu Prayers for Jose, his medical team and you.

@Himself Wonderful to hear from you! We were all worried. Christmas Blessings.

@ger_77 HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 🎂

@mamaofami So sorry to hear Sam had to go to the hospital, but good news that there's no stroke. I hope life quiets down for you soon.

@grapau27 Happy Christmas! What a special gift from Sarah.

@luvteaching A great gift to have DH home from the hospital!

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone.

1607507574_MerryChristmas.thumb.jpg.c091be12c89b9e8fdcee60b98134517f.jpg

Thank you Vanessa.

Happy Christmas

Graham.

R.gif.34a724fb169d84c3f68cf34f19861771.gif

• Like 12

A Merry Christmas to all the Dailyites  ,  I am very late to this party you are already on page 5  , we thank all of our CC friends for your good wishes and in turn we wish all of you and your families  a wonderful Holiday . 

It sure does not feel like Christmas here there is no snow on the ground this year , it is rainy and foggy , so different from many , many other years .

Health and Peace to the World ! 

Tony and Martha 🎅🤶

• Like 25

Merry Christmas, Dailyites -  And Happy Birthday, Gerry and Jesus!  Happy to hear you are recovering from Covid, Father @Himself, and Jacqui, @kazu, thinking of you and Jose today.  Hope you get some good news soon.  @mamaofami, what a worrying time you are having, too.  @luvteaching, my neighbour is going through the same thing - they have just installed a port and her DH can now do the infusions at home.   

We have a dusting of snow this morning - it's not often we have a white Christmas.  But the roads seem clear so we will take DS's dinner around later this morning.  They can heat it all up whenever they want.  Then I will put our small turkey in the oven around 1.  

Let us all pray today for an end to this pandemic and a return to a somewhat normal life in 2022!  😀

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

I know I wasn’t asked but I can’t help myself.  😂

I love this recipe:  Tourtière Du Québec

I also love this no-fail pie crust recipe.  Depending on the flour, I start with 5.5 cups and add more if needed.

D785751B-0104-4A1B-8C39-4AB4598372AA.thumb.jpeg.5860aad38622896c08acfef3d45b8fab.jpeg

This is the finished pie:

D9FBD17F-EFE6-491B-AF67-2EB135FC677D.thumb.jpeg.5540607b0c9bb303cf5eaea500c2d7a1.jpeg

You never need an invitation.   Thank you for speaking up and contributing.

@ger_77Happy Birthday!

101-Best-Happy-Birthday-Memes-12-720x720.jpg.e29e0ea71a3e4d4f1cbd3188ba808a62.jpg

@mamaofamiThinking of you today.   Hopefully you will get some relief.

@Himself Happy to hear from you.   Continue the forward progress.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I expected a very light Daily this morning, boy was I wrong!  I should know better than to underestimate this group.  A very big thank you for those who take the time and effort to send pictures of your celebration, and of course everyone who keeps this ship underway.

Gerry, a very happy birthday to you!

Welcome to our new posters - converted lurkers.  I love that every new person comments on the warmth and positivity of this site.  And we all know how much that helps!

We are having a very quiet day, but also chattering by text with family and friends.

DH has the turkey in the oven, I did the day-before preparation of my mother’s dressing (we always did dressing rather than stuffing), and some cranberry sauce.  

Safe, happy, and loving Christmas to all.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all of you Dailites; even those dailites that are enjoying the holidays on a BHB.

I am very happy as I got the results of my Covid test about 8:PM last evening and it was Negative. My BIL and my Next Door Neighbor both had mild cases and have recovered. My SIL is still symptomatic so not fully recovered. Unfortunately my BIL's next door neighbor passed within one day of being diagnosed with Covid. 

I will be alone for Christmas dinner which will be a ham steak, sweet potato, deviled egg and macaroni salad. No brown sugar on anything, I must be the only person in the world that Does Not Like Brown Sugar.

@mamaofami I hope that your Covid test is neagative , you have been through so much this past year.

@HimselfWe thank God that you have recovered

@ger_77Happy Birthday

@grapau27Your beautiful daughter looks just like Pauline.

Jane

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all of you Dailites; even those dailites that are enjoying the holidays on a BHB.

I am very happy as I got the results of my Covid test about 8:PM last evening and it was Negative. My BIL and my Next Door Neighbor both had mild cases and have recovered. My SIL is still symptomatic so not fully recovered. Unfortunately my BIL's next door neighbor passed within one day of being diagnosed with Covid. 

I will be alone for Christmas dinner which will be a ham steak, sweet potato, deviled egg and macaroni salad. No brown sugar on anything, I must be the only person in the world that Does Not Like Brown Sugar.

@mamaofami I hope that your Covid test is neagative , you have been through so much this past year.

@HimselfWe thank God that you have recovered

@ger_77Happy Birthday

@grapau27Your beautiful daughter looks just like Pauline.

Jane

Happy Christmas Jane.

I am happy for you that your covid test was negative.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211225_110836.jpg

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Jane

Great news on the negative test. So sad about your BIL's neighbor.

@summer slope Woohoo! That's great!

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 13

15 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Just lost power about 15 minutes ago. The good thing is there’s nothing in the oven right now and it’s not too cold. I’m not sure what’s going on; probably a transformer blew. 

Eek, Vanessa! Hope it is fixed soon.  I bet crews really hate these type of events on major celebration days! Stay warm!

• Like 12

Merry Christmas from Texas Ya’ll. I am blessed to be able to cruise next month as well as travel to Mexico in a few days! Spent the morning with family before being called in to work. Glad to be of service to those individuals who are not as fortunate as me. Wishing Blessings for everyone!

EFA13418-F8E0-4753-891D-6705B3424D53.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, shiner6 said:

Merry Christmas from Texas Ya’ll. I am blessed to be able to cruise next month as well as travel to Mexico in a few days! Spent the morning with family before being called in to work. Glad to be of service to those individuals who are not as fortunate as me. Wishing Blessings for everyone!

Welcome to the Daily.

Roy

• Like 11

40 minutes ago, shiner6 said:

Welcome and Happy Christmas.

Lovely family photo.

Graham.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, shiner6 said:

Welcome to the Daily and thank you for caring and working during the holiday season to help those who need it.  We so appreciate it ♥️ 

2 hours ago, jimgev said:

Photo was taken yesterday evening just before  DW left for work. She is an RN and worked the 12 hour night shift at the hospital last night and will do so again tonight. 

269986474_5049681041748773_4835760727970619535_n.jpg

God bless her for her dedication and caring ♥️ 

I wish she and shiner6 were in Jose’s unit where at least I could thank them with a ream of sweets, chocolates, etc.

After I did that I found out he had been moved to Internal medicine wing.  So, I will have procure more for the new wing where he is 😉 

I am eternally grateful to the wonderful health care workers who worked today smiling and not being with family, just caring for those that need it ♥️ 

My sincere thanks to you all.  You are all angels ♥️ 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

A very Merry Christmas afternoon to the Daily family!

And a Happy Birthday to @ger_77, hope it's the best yet!

Lori and I want to thank all those who together make this little community shine. The caring, camaraderie, and friendship on display here every day is a direct reflection on the character of all of you good people, and we are grateful for you, always.

So from our hearth to your hearts, Merry Christmas!

1.thumb.jpg.4a95b1a2c9e99c0ae0c4cb4e7d69d4f7.jpg

A message that we try to not lose sight of...

2.thumb.jpg.9913374d255a6a6462537f3e029acad4.jpg

And lastly, this Holiday Season may your hearts be as full as our tummies 😃

3.thumb.jpg.9c8269a10481d59d5b1d530915284704.jpg

Please have a safe, healthy, and Happy Holiday Season!

Lori & George

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1