Costal kitchen

bgoff60

1 hour ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

Can anyone confirm that on the Anthem of the Seas if you are in a Junior Suite you can make dinner reservations in Coastal Kitchen, based upon availability?  Remember reading somewhere that Anthem does not allow Junior Suites in - Thank you - Stay well and Safe

Yes, that’s correct.

I got a reservation every night on one of the UK sailings back in September, no problem.

And, FWIW, I thought the quality of the food was considerably better than it was in the MDR on Harmony in October.

We have had dinner at least 5 times on all of our Allure/Symphony cruises (7 in last 3 years)

About two years ago I started developing significantly swollen ankles halfway up my calves to the point I could not wear my dress shoes on the cruise.

I realized it was due to the high sodium intake I was non stop grazing on.

On my profile, our TA listed me as a no added salt diet.

That did not work.

So I met with the Chef in CK the first day and we discussed my needs.

We changed it to a low salt, no added salt diet.

Most of my limitations depended on my discretion.

But he graciously went over the week of menus and he informed me what he could do and also listed the safe menu iterms.

When I saw the veal chop on the one day menu, I said aweeee, cannot wait.

The Chef goes it is packed with sodium. I do not recommend it.

HMMMMMMM   ok.

But the day of its offering he prepared one safely for me.

And delivered it personally.

Now I know the MDR can provide the same service. But we enjoy CK and were pleased with the time spent going over menus.

But finally my ankles just swell and not too bad.

The do swell if I feed on the pizza, but, I try to avoid.

I guess if you ask, any of the venues on board can help.

Take care

• Like 1

Coastal Kitchen IMO is not really much different than the main dining room in food quality...just atmosphere is more upgraded and of course smaller scale.....service can be mixed. Ck is not the level of specialty dining on Royal.

It doesn't compare with say Luminae on Celebrity which is a true suite dining experience better than most of their specialties.

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Just curious- for breakfast, do they do “made to order” eggs?  I assume that the toast is weird.  On a related note, why is cruise toast always weird, and are DH and I the only ones to notice? 🙂

Yes, CK will do made to order eggs.  I get over easy all the time.  Not sure what you mean about weird toast.  They likely use the toasters where the bread is put on a conveyor that goes by the heating element and shoots out the bottom.  Most restaurants use those as they are quicker.  It doesn't toast the same as our home toasters.

11 hours ago, cruisegus said:

Guess opinions very, food in CK is as good as any of the specialty restaurants, just a different variety of menu.  If you have never done CK before I would say do it before going with a UDP.  You can always go with a UDP the next time if you don't like it.

this is good advice. did 1st time on oasis in CLS and only ate dinner in CK 2x. buffet was closed as well. for our next trip we agreed we dont need specialty dining as we were happy with all the other offerings on the ship. especially if the buffet opens up. paid for the BBQ joint and it was worth it.

however we did enjoy the MDR meal served in our room one night (avoided the glares  in MDR with our tank tops , shorts and baseball caps worn backwards too)  .   plus anyone considering doing UDP should look at the sample menus to be sure it's 'your type of food'.  

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

Coastal Kitchen IMO is not really much different than the main dining room in food quality...just atmosphere is more upgraded and of course smaller scale.....service can be mixed. Ck is not the level of specialty dining on Royal.

It doesn't compare with say Luminae on Celebrity which is a true suite dining experience better than most of their specialties.

Totally agree I like CK for breakfast it’s ok for lunch but nothing special, can’t compare to Luminae. Our cruise last month we bought the UDP so we could avoid all dinners and some lunches.

• Like 1