The Daily for Thursday 12/30/2021

richwmn

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  What doesn't go with bacon???  I use baking soda for baking, but also for cleaning - much better than harsh chemicals going down the drain.  The Festival of Enormous Changes At The Last Minute seems like the summary of the past 2 years - which we all hope will change soon.

@Sharon in AZwhat a beautiful sight to wake up to!  Our weather this morning isn't really any different than yesterday; temp of -37 with a wind chill of -45.  I think yesterday's wind chill was -46, so that's an improvement.  LOL   We have to go out this morning for a medical appt for DH, just a  routine one, but it would be better if we could go when it's warmer . . .  I think while we're out, we'll pick up groceries so we can hunker down and not worry about leaving the house for a few days in this stupid cold.  Usually we get this kind of weather in January and that's when we like to head out on  BHB to get away from things, not at Christmas and New Year.  

COLD.jpg.df4dbcd28cfb57a85843ebd1e26deffa.jpg

Once we get home I'm going to make our little grandson some new 3 ply cloth masks to wear to school, as I saw the ones I've made previously are getting small for him.  His poor little ears were showing signs of irritation from the elastic being too tight, and even the mask part was looking small on his face.   I just happen to have bought more Spiderman and Marvel comic printed fabric that I know he's going to enjoy wearing.  Sewing will keep me busy and out of DH's way when he's working on his music.

I like today's menu suggestion, but there's still a lot of turkey soup left from yesterday, so we'll be working on that (I'll likely freeze the rest for later) along with ham buns for dinner this evening.  And wine.

@aliaschief safe travels as you head to your grandchildren's home.   Bring lots of colouring books & crayons!

@dfishstay safe on your way home!

@mamaofami how is Sam?  You said you thought he'd had another stroke, but hadn't; is he home now, or in hospital?

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for Jacqui, Jose, Marley, and Jose's medical team, and for those who have suffered losses over this holiday season.  We'll raise the glasses and clink in celebration of all on the happy list.  Stay safe, wash your hands, wear your masks, get your boosters, be well, and keep warm!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry  

• Like 37
  • Haha 1

Good morning friends!  It was foggy here before my morning ablutions but is clearing a bit now.  We have a chance of rain all day.  No plans at all for us.  Speaking of NYE get togethers, our next door neighbors have had a party every year except last December which is quite the extravaganza.  All the neighbors in our POD are invited and there are 50 homes on our two streets!  They're having it again Friday night and we have declined to go. They must have had everything set up in advance because they've been in Hawaii visiting family for 8 days now and are expected to fly back in today.  The party is tomorrow night so good luck to them getting it all accomplished in time.  

Thanks to Rich and Roy for the Daily and the Care and Celebration lists.  Your work is much appreciated!  Rich, I hope you're having a great cruise.  Roy, warm wishes to you after completing your radiation therapy and I hope you start gaining your strength back quickly.  Take it easy!  Jacqui, good to hear Marley is gaining his appetite back.  Now we just need the hospital to start allowing folks like you in to see and help out with their loved ones.  Hopefully things are under control soon.  @mamaofamiI'm sorry to hear of your friend's decline.  Sad times for all who know him.  @smitty34877it's very disheartening to hear Tana is feeling so poorly.  Prayers for her and for your entire family as you cope.  While on the treadmill this morning I prayed for quite a while for everyone...I just hope it does some good for someone.🙏  Meanwhile, cheers to our celebrants!

The Standing Rib Roast looks interesting today.  Bacon day should be pretty popular.  I know I love a BLT!  Who knows why we celebrate bicarbonate of soda, but I agree it is quite useful in baking and cleaning.  I guess I've heard of weirder days of celebration than that - for instance "Festival of Enormous Changes at the Last Minute".  How's that for strange?  I have to say I don't like last minute changes so I prefer not to celebrate it.

I'm sorry to hear the Rotterdam was turned away from St. Thomas.  That's happened in several places recently.  ☹️  @dfishDebbie, I hope the trip home is safe and uneventful.  So nice you could visit with the family over the holiday.  I know we enjoyed our Christmas get together.  We even got our family portrait accomplished again this year.  We do that every other year or so.  Usually we line the kids up the staircase and the adults stand next to the staircase in the foyer.  But every one of those kids are taller than me and DH now so they got the floor and we older members of the family got the stairs.  DH and I recently learned we weren't as tall as we thought we were.  I've shrunk 2 inches and so has he!!!  No wonder those grandkids look so tall.😲

We've enjoyed visiting St. Peter Port three times and love to stroll around the town.  I'm watching for everyone's photos.  Thanks Graham for yours!  Nice lunch out today.  I hope you enjoyed your drive.

Have a nice day all!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 2

I am done with the Festival of Changes!!  Bring on the Festival of Boringly Normal!! 

@dfish, have a safe drive home.

My husband came home a day early so my R&R time ended abruptly.  I must also face reality in that I need to go grocery shopping.  After almost a month of not cooking, it’s hard to wrap my head around what I need, what I want, and how I’m going to prepare it.  For now I have decided to wing it because the NYE crowds will soon hit the stores and I want to get there ahead of them.  I also want to get that plant tray that I see has blown over to my neighbour’s property.  Sorry about that, neighbour!  

Have a safe and enjoyable and carefree day, everyone.

• Like 30

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing!

Looking forward to the photos of St. Peter Port as we are scheduled to call there on our May 2023 cruise aboard our favorite Zuiderdam. Unfortunately our 2020 cruise for the British Isles aboard the departed Rotterdam was canceled because of you know what.

The snow blower may make it out today -  maybe! Yesterday I got busy with a shipment for FedEx and looking at a new property for our local railroad museum. Happy to report that we decided to rent it and will hopefully start moving in during April.

Yesterday we also received our shipment of the Abbott's BinoxNOW test kits for our upcoming cruise in two weeks. For those that have been keeping up on the availability, I ordered them on Monday and received them yesterday, Wednesday. They also were just manufactured just 10 days ago with an expiration date of 11/21/2022.

Keep safe all that are cruising and traveling these days!

- Jack

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Good morning all. Another grey, chilly day in southwestern Ontario but only just below freezing, not like out west. 

@ger_77help! I would like to make the two hour buns but forgot to print the recipe when you posted it. And I cannot remember how many days ago you posted it! I promise to print it this time.

• Like 18

56 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Terry, I am so sorry.  Tana (and all of you) need to catch a break. Someone has to find a solution for her. Praying that it happens soon. 

Thank you so much. I think we are all rather nervous as her breathing  is not right,even with oxygen. It is scary that NY has  pretty full hospitals already  and she is trying to stay here. We shall see how the day goes.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 7

31 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Yesterday we also received our shipment of the Abbott's BinoxNOW test kits for our upcoming cruise in two weeks. For those that have been keeping up on the availability, I ordered them on Monday and received them yesterday, Wednesday. They also were just manufactured just 10 days ago with an expiration date of 11/21/2022.

That is very good news for cruisers!  I have been keeping note of this for future use, but DH says he doesn't want to cruise with testing, masking, and ports cancelled during the cruise.  Sounds like it will be quite a while for us if he has anything to do with it.  I'm anxious to get out there but I sure don't want to go alone!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 20

I want to apologize to anyone that I offended yesterday with my last post.  I didn't get a warning, but i noticed that my post had been taken off.  I will try to behave better.  And perhaps post less.  Thank you for not asking e to leave you guys.  I like it here.  It's better than home.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I want to apologize to anyone that I offended yesterday with my last post.  I didn't get a warning, but i noticed that my post had been taken off.  I will try to behave better.  And perhaps post less.  Thank you for not asking e to leave you guys.  I like it here.  It's better than home.

I don't know what you said that was deleted, but we all have our days when our frustrations spill out.  Please just proceed forward and forget about it.  You're welcome to stay and post all you want as far as I'm concerned.🙂

• Like 23

10 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I don't remember anything objectionable either.  By the way, I think you have said you are in telemarketing for a Symphony Orchestra.  Are you associated with the orchestra that just hired a female music director?  After the conclusion of Marin Alsop's long tenure with my orchestra I am pleased to see another one continuing the tradition.

Roy

• Like 19

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It was foggy here before my morning ablutions but is clearing a bit now.  We have a chance of rain all day.  No plans at all for us.  Speaking of NYE get togethers, our next door neighbors have had a party every year except last December which is quite the extravaganza.  All the neighbors in our POD are invited and there are 50 homes on our two streets!  They're having it again Friday night and we have declined to go. They must have had everything set up in advance because they've been in Hawaii visiting family for 8 days now and are expected to fly back in today.  The party is tomorrow night so good luck to them getting it all accomplished in time.  

Thanks to Rich and Roy for the Daily and the Care and Celebration lists.  Your work is much appreciated!  Rich, I hope you're having a great cruise.  Roy, warm wishes to you after completing your radiation therapy and I hope you start gaining your strength back quickly.  Take it easy!  Jacqui, good to hear Marley is gaining his appetite back.  Now we just need the hospital to start allowing folks like you in to see and help out with their loved ones.  Hopefully things are under control soon.  @mamaofamiI'm sorry to hear of your friend's decline.  Sad times for all who know him.  @smitty34877it's very disheartening to hear Tana is feeling so poorly.  Prayers for her and for your entire family as you cope.  While on the treadmill this morning I prayed for quite a while for everyone...I just hope it does some good for someone.🙏  Meanwhile, cheers to our celebrants!

The Standing Rib Roast looks interesting today.  Bacon day should be pretty popular.  I know I love a BLT!  Who knows why we celebrate bicarbonate of soda, but I agree it is quite useful in baking and cleaning.  I guess I've heard of weirder days of celebration than that - for instance "Festival of Enormous Changes at the Last Minute".  How's that for strange?  I have to say I don't like last minute changes so I prefer not to celebrate it.

I'm sorry to hear the Rotterdam was turned away from St. Thomas.  That's happened in several places recently.  ☹️  @dfishDebbie, I hope the trip home is safe and uneventful.  So nice you could visit with the family over the holiday.  I know we enjoyed our Christmas get together.  We even got our family portrait accomplished again this year.  We do that every other year or so.  Usually we line the kids up the staircase and the adults stand next to the staircase in the foyer.  But every one of those kids are taller than me and DH now so they got the floor and we older members of the family got the stairs.  DH and I recently learned we weren't as tall as we thought we were.  I've shrunk 2 inches and so has he!!!  No wonder those grandkids look so tall.😲

We've enjoyed visiting St. Peter Port three times and love to stroll around the town.  I'm watching for everyone's photos.  Thanks Graham for yours!  Nice lunch out today.  I hope you enjoyed your drive.

Have a nice day all!

Sandi, we certainly appreciate the extra prayers. It is a difficult time for everyone.Thank you.

Terry

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, superoma said:

Good morning all. Another grey, chilly day in southwestern Ontario but only just below freezing, not like out west. 

@ger_77help! I would like to make the two hour buns but forgot to print the recipe when you posted it. And I cannot remember how many days ago you posted it! I promise to print it this time.

I know it was posted last week when I said there was a shortage of brown and serve rolls for Christmas dinner.  When I searched the terms I used weren't exactly right but I did find a post from April 2020 where Gerry gave out her recipe.  She can correct or modify this when she sees your post along with mine.

TWO HOUR BUN RECIPE
3 cups warm water

1/2 cup sugar

1 tsp salt

6 Tbsps oil

2 Tbsps fast rising yeast

2 eggs, beaten

6 - 8 cups flour (I used 7 and a little bit to make a dough that wasn't sticking to my hands)

Mix together the first 5 ingredients, stirring well to combine.  Add the beaten eggs, mixing in, then gradually mix in the flour (I did it in 2 cup batches). 

Set bowl in your oven with the oven light on, and let rise for 15 minutes.  Punch down.

Let rise 15 minutes more.  Punch down.

Let rise 15 minutes, then form into buns (or loaves if you want), placing dough on greased pans. 

Let rise 1 hour, then bake at 350 for 18 to 20 minutes, depending on your oven.

Let buns sit in the pan for about 10 minutes before releasing them to cool on racks. 

- I used two 9 x 13 cake pans and made the dough balls slightly smaller than a tennis ball, with about a finger width between the balls in the pan.  Adjust size if you want smaller buns - I wanted ours for burgers, that's why they're larger.   Enjoy!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 6

9 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I know it was posted last week when I said there was a shortage of brown and serve rolls for Christmas dinner.  When I searched the terms I used weren't exactly right but I did find a post from April 2020 where Gerry gave out her recipe.  She can correct or modify this when she sees your post along with mine.

TWO HOUR BUN RECIPE
3 cups warm water

1/2 cup sugar

1 tsp salt

6 Tbsps oil

2 Tbsps fast rising yeast

2 eggs, beaten

6 - 8 cups flour (I used 7 and a little bit to make a dough that wasn't sticking to my hands)

Mix together the first 5 ingredients, stirring well to combine.  Add the beaten eggs, mixing in, then gradually mix in the flour (I did it in 2 cup batches). 

Set bowl in your oven with the oven light on, and let rise for 15 minutes.  Punch down.

Let rise 15 minutes more.  Punch down.

Let rise 15 minutes, then form into buns (or loaves if you want), placing dough on greased pans. 

Let rise 1 hour, then bake at 350 for 18 to 20 minutes, depending on your oven.

Let buns sit in the pan for about 10 minutes before releasing them to cool on racks. 

- I used two 9 x 13 cake pans and made the dough balls slightly smaller than a tennis ball, with about a finger width between the balls in the pan.  Adjust size if you want smaller buns - I wanted ours for burgers, that's why they're larger.   Enjoy!

Thank you. I guess my search didn’t go deep enough. I have stew for tonight and they will be perfect. I don’t want to go out to the store!

• Like 17

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  So far today has been very quiet with work.  I suspect most of my contacts are taking a long weekend.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good but I will pass.  It will be pork and sauerkraut for New Years dinner.  I’m leaning towards takeout lasagna for this evening.  I hope that everyone has a good day today.

image.thumb.png.6f2c1131c4b2eca8668a0f5b0f96a139.png

• Like 14
  • Haha 17

Yesterday @bennybear alluded to the instructions I was given at the end of my course of treatment and thought I would post a couple of images.  The base instructions are quite generic but quite well customized to the person's individual circumstances.

rad-discharge.JPG.dd1f3d902eacd2c4a5c13ab11550ab82.JPG

The other is the certificate which I hope will post in the right orientation:

radcert.pdf

Roy

• Like 19
  • Thanks 7

@marshhawk, no quitters allowed!  😉  You're a very welcome addition to the Daily.  

A foggy day here, and our temps have at last become more seasonal.  It will slide into the mid-teens for lows over the weekend, then moderate again.  I'm actually glad for something that doesn't feel like April!

I am having a sluggish morning as we were up until midnight watching football.  Boomer Sooner!  It was a fun game.

O Great Neptune, please keep passengers on ships!  I just made final payment a few days ago.

Stay safe, masks, obsessive hand washing.  Best to all!

• Like 23

I'll post some photos of St. Peter Port, Guernsey.  These were from May, 2019 on the Prinsendam.  We were also there in Sept. 2018 also on Prinsendam and May, 2015 on Royal Princess.

The view from the ship and tender ride.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKpVyrMw0HDcpoCJoKIE1g0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558785781

The Castle Cornet, an old harbor fortress.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLdm-D3C5lilf4RcYPxiKKn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558785791

Your view as you leave the tender pier.  Salem Church00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJgP-aEvbh8NZ-NT7Gl3db9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558785821

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-v5W1kzpw3GdyEaZkqhB9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558785830

Cute signs around town, but the second one needed a proofreader.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLzjy7JyNjWToVyVcTDDbwB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558785845

You'd thiink they'd get the island name correct.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKTAyegO_tR1Vd97jt272A9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558785855

Taken from the lawn at Candie Gardens, our beloved Prinsendam in the distance.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI27DJ7eiNC4vgDkODGi5_b?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558785853

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ7scI7H1WzDRL6bNWbXc47?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558793808

There's always something blooming there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLainW8v19Fm29JUxMq1aC9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558793812

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLshWiaBEtN77jkcXzaLdCF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558793808

Our journey down the hill and one of the charming streets.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJixx2DoIEiRYtYdC1qeKx8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558793816

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-djmwhNj1B95RzvS0hGSQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558793789

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVICtLa6NDK8Fpmx_8RAYFij?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558793778

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIYmSLzoJ83JMF3Hwl882yw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558793773

Sunset on the Prinsendam that day, May 5, 2019, taken through the dining room window.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPRWELrKn7pDnpnDAOWnxv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558785876

On prior visits we visited other places around town so maybe I'll check for some photos from then.  I always enjoy this particular port and have been lucky to be able to tender in each visit due to decent.  Not always true unfortunately for some cruisers.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, dfish said:

And I'm off for the trek home to Ohio.   It is about an 8 hour drive.

Safe travels, Debbie.  Hope you have a wonderful time in Ohio!

2 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Our friend in hospice has stopped eating and is too weak to walk. We used to spend NYE with them and one other couple. The other couple died several years ago and the four of us are left. It’s very sad for us.

Our NYE get together here in our condo community has been canceled because of covid.

How sad for you, Carol 😔 Prayers for your friend in hospice.  Hopefully 2022 will be a much better year than 2020 and 2021.

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

We are worried  about our Tana as she is not feeling much better.DSIL is offering  to take her back to the Specialist  to see if meds need to be changed.No one slept much in either house.

Oh dear.  Poor Tana 😔 Prayers are winging their way for her and all of you 🙏🏻 

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

I don’t recall you saying anything offensive at all yesterday.  No need to post less nor to leave 😉.  This is a safe place here and I’m glad you like it. We’re glad you joined us ♥️ 

• Like 24

Good morning from a mostly cloudy Quartzsite and from a very quiet house.

We have been to St. Peter Port three times on BHBs.  In 2004, when the Noordam III stopped, it was a overcast and dreary day.  We took a city bus that made a loop of the island, but I don't have any pictures from the bus ride.   Here a a few from our walk around the harbor.  It was very low tide when these pictures were taken

IMG_3403.thumb.JPG.b92949b80b800676d11befa4a509ad52.JPG

IMG_3404.thumb.JPG.f21b6989c0652205e58c752a4e166b65.JPG

IMG_3407.thumb.JPG.a0f84da86abb62861c93d90079284776.JPG

One of Noordam's tenders

IMG_3409.thumb.JPG.c45f2bc708144d42623b6b5bcb0e4bf1.JPG

We were back in St. Peter Port on the Prinsendam in 2016 and 2017.  In 2016, we walked over to the war museum and then to Castle Cornet that is in the background of the picture just above this.

DSC06400.thumb.JPG.fa1862f050129ce24e9cb6c7e0643d8a.JPG

DSC06401.thumb.JPG.db50a2c003cda9b9d04be5117d8f04b3.JPG

DSC06403.thumb.JPG.150ce6fea8842af5f53f1cfbe52d9978.JPG

DSC06407.thumb.JPG.149ceb784bb6812c45579f3c29dd1d44.JPG

in 2016, there was a lady near the museum entrance selling her book about her experiences in St. Peter Port during the war.  It was fascinating to talk to her and hear some of her stories.  I now regret that I didn't buy the book.

A couple of pictures as we walked from the museum to the castle.  The swimming area along the beach with the Prinsendam and a P&) ship in the background.

DSC06412.thumb.JPG.cdd2699856abde496416b3f373b92db1.JPG

DSC06415.thumb.JPG.3a32723c75deda21d25cd70195cf7b0c.JPG

Castle Cornet

DSC06418.thumb.JPG.0fab1dccc291e15f11cf304f6381fb4a.JPG

DSC06419.thumb.JPG.873cc4d58e499d178a16e15e8dab8b60.JPG

DSC06423.thumb.JPG.408be2427f299342ca16c4cae8380711.JPG

DSC06425.thumb.JPG.410429f6e0f7cdcc6b1aec3c9a32ca07.JPG

Pictures from our walks around St Peter Port.  Most were taken in 2016, but there are one or two from 2017 when we just walked into town, did a little shopping and went back to the ship.

DSC06392.thumb.JPG.3cc167647ba123cc2b79ddf081a3481d.JPG

We went in the church in the picture above..

DSC06430.thumb.JPG.59dd729cd4fd623aabb70786563c5b3b.JPG

DSC06431.thumb.JPG.98ef3eb02b5f455c818a2da10a3df589.JPG

More pictures from our walks around town.

DSC06393.thumb.JPG.54343cd110c69b293f0b8e0cfc3df904.JPG

DSC09235.thumb.JPG.b0d24efdfaf1f97e9470f17dce3ac449.JPG

DSC06429.thumb.JPG.0f64a9c9df261420069455d96c5a589d.JPG

Lenda

DSC06432.JPG

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

We were in St. Peter Port on the Prinsendam - same cruise as StLouisCruisers.  

F96E5134-9482-437D-AE20-B4D60C732AC2.thumb.jpeg.df34bf02af75f95e3e065d77aedd3478.jpeg

It’s a gorgeous spot and loaded with history.  It’s a tender port but the P’dam can get quite close to anchor so it was fairly protected to tender.

048D9648-5E6B-4795-834B-8BCE81A51CB5.thumb.jpeg.c9f5c4328d6ba2d6a21ad12eb2c807ef.jpeg

FF7B23BB-8ECC-4209-B7C2-CBE3727F7A8A.thumb.jpeg.ced461396b6c7c75389f1e173f3e6de2.jpeg

77038FA8-3D0D-4747-9536-493E14F1A36F.thumb.jpeg.dd937ff0aed781fc248a19d335f712f1.jpeg

2B31EE66-9AC9-4B10-BB9C-6FF22649F767.thumb.jpeg.ca8b171dde6f9096484cb1b4da24fabf.jpeg

D523FF29-EC36-48C9-B693-F98304BAB93F.thumb.jpeg.87a409e21e842cfcd21132ed26041ec6.jpeg

62FB0FD9-A30B-4D76-B03B-00F59DA6AC3C.thumb.jpeg.225e8226bc2c3b366b9e208c3f985686.jpeg

And for the Canadians out there - Sir Isaac Brock was born here. 

4D5957DF-2644-4E75-9885-92F99A9491EF.thumb.jpeg.78f50273265e5b4695f03151c0a492f5.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4

Good morning all!

I (think) I have a few minutes before the rest of the house wakes up.  The grandsons spent the night here last night and were up late! 

We got more snow last night, it looks like several more inches.  Plenty of snow to build snowmen today!  I just hope there won't be any problem driving the boys home later today.  

We've been to St. Peter Port, but will save the photos for others to post.  I know we went to Castle Cornet.

Yesterday I mentioned that DD, DSIL and the DGS's went skiing.  Well apparently a snowboarder plowed into DD 😞  She has a mild concussion but wasn't feeling too bad last night.  Thankfully DSIL is a PA so was able to check her over immediately.  I'm glad we had the boys here so she could have a quiet night.

And our other "kids" are all packed up and driving north from Pasadena.  They packed a van with things they didn't want to movers to handle, like DS's computer equipment.  Apparently they've already had a snag in their plans, they hadn't gotten far when they found out that the Grapevine is closed and were rerouted.  We were worried about their having to drive through the Siskyou Mtns. and they hadn't even gotten that far yet.  Praying they make it up here safely, it will be so good to have them living nearby!

@dfishDebbie safe drive for you too!

@smitty34877prayers for Tana.  I'm so sorry she's having such a rough time. 😞  

@marshhawkI didn't see anything offensive, and please don't feel you need to leave us!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

More of St. Peter Port if I may..

We had a great guide (thanks Tony) who took us on a walking tour and also brought the history of the island to life.  It did require some participation.  @sailingdutchyended up wearing a beard to start off.  

8CBB4779-3C59-42FA-AD25-0E53670671D0.thumb.jpeg.c13d62fce27c927317f1d6762739a379.jpeg

And DH was about to get some serious punishment for breaking the law.

3114451C-C74A-4779-AD00-6CB1BFC7BA3A.thumb.jpeg.8edfb263391b35039abec083b642cc35.jpeg

We went through various spots and learned the secrets and history.

E393347B-F85A-48D0-BE4F-DD76DCD03919.thumb.jpeg.83ea016692f83b0af595b85ddf25bf0a.jpeg

12FD7C96-25CF-46B4-8080-48FFA7BD59FC.thumb.jpeg.10d9314f22e36392f7a46dbb0d00406a.jpeg

043B1060-CB26-4ED5-B9E5-B0B640E819EC.thumb.jpeg.62ae44b07a966da2caa7c770d0d8aa34.jpeg

Our guide demonstrating in the gardens

D6DC05F2-94CD-4F54-A869-6CC11D253B1E.thumb.jpeg.2bb5f5dd2a3645dda911122dce3313a3.jpeg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

St Peter Port….

Sir Isaac Brock’s home

966811AC-D6BA-43CB-9360-E43B451C5034.thumb.jpeg.903c0c428413c6f6fd36c1d905ac9c9d.jpeg

The Candle Gardens are gorgeous.

807FCBB2-9798-4093-8072-0649AB0CFBE4.thumb.jpeg.22c9368856b0f9d07633250644d1aa19.jpeg

21603FA1-166D-4B06-8C69-595CCC21EECA.thumb.jpeg.a60ee9f8ca5c5e354f65a7d1e51718ab.jpeg

E96C7ECC-277D-4DC4-B17A-C03B1AFB1DF5.thumb.jpeg.bb329dadd473448cbb1fa741a2982710.jpeg

2F06C151-0BE1-447D-8FBA-A58AE2AAB839.thumb.jpeg.53c66656c2486e0d6cb185cf3cfc291b.jpeg

Victor Hugo cherished his time on the island and has a house there.

ED01F59B-1DF6-45E1-8F8A-7947702D0BA2.thumb.jpeg.edfa479f0818657bbc3f856bf106f571.jpeg

462F86F6-493B-4DB0-A18B-AD484233D9FF.thumb.jpeg.68229c7b88726bf00c06cbe2f83d8cda.jpeg

Their welcome to the port

C09E1115-DF6F-44AC-B172-EF9D03D6F095.thumb.jpeg.9a512ebe9dd38bf3167bf5bedd38ec87.jpeg

CB8AE2E5-92F5-4E4B-89AE-4614426A6ECB.thumb.jpeg.7e09dd2fff6149dd2f530f78508c425c.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

This little pub at St. Peter Port is right on the street opposite the harbour.

A7A50D33-502A-4245-BB51-88269A79692A.thumb.jpeg.9751f2faf10b5941e403effe88312635.jpeg

The locals were both friendly and welcoming.  Nothing like their telephone booths 😉 

28CEF2BF-AE2D-4CAE-BED5-8F485822A52D.thumb.jpeg.58332767af945f351df2462941d0585d.jpeg

231AB359-1C4A-4985-8E96-05381DE341AC.thumb.jpeg.cb10de2c5822e42cb2225b57446c71eb.jpeg

66660B92-71A1-45B1-B42E-5AFF67DC933C.thumb.jpeg.7e21b6cb32adb3f30b43257b10c337a2.jpeg

9FB48BA7-2D58-4CB0-A61E-C29BF97F2CDB.thumb.jpeg.3cee1498ffddd016f14662ce37bd7664.jpeg

Low tide

9A53371E-AF52-43D7-AE67-936E14179A8D.thumb.jpeg.4a71ab14418071aa66302346d5128d20.jpeg

AA774AE9-659D-4184-8DDF-8AEE5794109B.thumb.jpeg.7001c7c2d9cd214e69f0ddd088bbde9f.jpeg

We really enjoyed our time and the people here.  

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4