Silver Moon 3 Jan 2022 it's finally here! Feedback.... And any Questions, fire away.

les37b

11 hours ago, les37b said:

OK.... Got a reply.

"Does everything stay open?"

Yes unless there is a special dinner like tonight, only Atlantide and pizza place open.

They are like ghost towns: four in La Terrazza and Atlantide last night, 10 in La Dame, SALT I didn’t count but perhaps 20. Same applies to the bars. Restaurants requiring bookings close only because there are no bookings. 

Shows have been cancelled when no guests arrive.

Say hi to Brian and Mary when you get on.. .. I'm sure you will meet! They were both close call victims from Triv too. They are still playing. There are only 2 teams playing now... Makes it easy to rack up the points for finishing first or second! 

Brian was in Panarama Lounge when we hit the whale. You can ask him how scary was it! He actually guessed it was fishing nets (like the captain also had.) Never in a million years would we have guessed what caused the ship to violently vibrate for such a long time.

Thanks Les for all the info you have provided! I will definitely say hi to Brain  and Mary,

Edited by seaver
typo

7 hours ago, bitob said:

I am boarding in Bridgetown.  Do you happen to know how many guests will be on board?

90 pax will result in a cruise experience that will be absolutely nothing like a usual cruise in Covid times, let alone in non-Covid times.

I hope you will allow for the difference, bitbob, when you post to the Crystal board.

I am not a blind SS cheerleader but fair's fair.

19 hours ago, les37b said:

Fortunately the last part didn't happen on Silver Moon, but I can imagine the same processes applying. That's not meant in a patronising or negative way - but it does answer sincerely your thoughts on the service levels from the crew anxious to please and not enough guests to serve.  We disembarked leaving the most we've ever left in tips and crew fund contribution on any cruise we've been on. It made their efforts more noticeable and our appreciation heightened. These guys need and deserve our support.

Thank you for your reply.  I tend to be a generous "tipper", but have added a bit more when the situation warrants it in recent months.  

• 2 months later...

Amusingly, my wife shared with me some comments posted on a silversea Facebook group. It would appear someone was upset that I was able to "roam about the ship" despite my wife being in quarantine. I would reply on there, but no interest in Facebook. So for the record, I was not allowed to roam about as suggested. When my wife tested positive, I was in isolation for 2 days (it should have been 1 but they messed up).) Actually I was away from circulation in my suite for about 5 hours short of 3 full days.

After a second PCR, I was allowed to leave isolation, but instruction to keep away from others for another 2 days. Nowhere was out of bounds, but I couldn't play triv for example.

I continued to test. I think I had 6 antigen and 5 PCR by the end. It would seem, because this person has a vulnerable partner, any close contact should be shut away for 10 days. I certainly followed and went beyond what was required of me. Had we need been testing, my wife certainly would have been in circulation and no doubt would have caused infections. Rather than complain, I'd rather think a thank you would have been in order, but ho hum. Implying that Silversea and myself were irresponsible couldn't be further from the truth. Spending 10 days in quarantine with absolutely zero symptoms, 5 days of which were with negative antigen results, tells you that SS were very diligent.

Anyone using that group, feel free to post a link to my reply.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, les37b said:

Amusingly, my wife shared with me some comments posted on a silversea Facebook group. It would appear someone was upset that I was able to "roam about the ship" despite my wife being in quarantine. I would reply on there, but no interest in Facebook. So for the record, I was not allowed to roam about as suggested. When my wife tested positive, I was in isolation for 2 days (it should have been 1 but they messed up).) Actually I was away from circulation in my suite for about 5 hours short of 3 full days.

After a second PCR, I was allowed to leave isolation, but instruction to keep away from others for another 2 days. Nowhere was out of bounds, but I couldn't play triv for example.

I continued to test. I think I had 6 antigen and 5 PCR by the end. It would seem, because this person has a vulnerable partner, any close contact should be shut away for 10 days. I certainly followed and went beyond what was required of me. Had we need been testing, my wife certainly would have been in circulation and no doubt would have caused infections. Rather than complain, I'd rather think a thank you would have been in order, but ho hum. Implying that Silversea and myself were irresponsible couldn't be further from the truth. Spending 10 days in quarantine with absolutely zero symptoms, 5 days of which were with negative antigen results, tells you that SS were very diligent.

From those of us who do not live in Karentown, THANK YOU.

9 hours ago, les37b said:

Hey, Les. It's Facebook. Nobody will want a link to the truth when the rumour is so much juicier 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tothesunset said:

Hey, Les. It's Facebook. Nobody will want a link to the truth when the rumour is so much juicier 

And this is exactly why I don't do Facebook. Opinions are posted as facts and distortions of the truth are common.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, frantic36 said:

And this is exactly why I don't do Facebook. Opinions are posted as facts and distortions of the truth are common.

We are so lucky that everything posted on Cruise Critic forums is factually accurate and not emotional or opinionated 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

We are so lucky that everything posted on Cruise Critic forums is factually accurate and not emotional or opinionated 😂😂😂

🤣 Okay you got me. But I find it easier to cut through the rhetoric posted as fact when reading CC. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Holy thread bump!!

Have added the final transit video taken from a starboard perspective. Have re-added the Bow and Aft also. Be thankful its not 3 11 hour videos! lol

Sorry for long delay in uploading. Hope its useful to someone.

Bow perspective

Aft perspective

• Thanks 1