Celebrity App - Masks

bookitdanno

Right now, on the Celebrity App, under the Health button, Face masks, it says:

Onboard: All guests 2 and older must wear face masks indoors, unless in their stateroom or actively eating or drinking.

Sounds like it is now fleet wide policy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

I guess you haven’t seen the twenty or so threads from people on cruises currently all saying the same thing?

I have. They all refer to a paper handout on boarding. I guess you haven't either read or maybe understood the content of my post. 

• Like 4

I am on Feb 11 Equinox... the health App still says it is not required. So I suspect this is a temporary step to help get a hold of the crisis...or at least appear to. The masks most people wear are not really effective and the cloth ones apparently are only 11% effective.. I assume that would include the ones in the cabins. It will be interesting to see if late Jan cruises have this added to their apps as well. Still deciding what to do in Feb. I canceled an August cruise over this, but that was because we were flying to Nassau to avoid masking... no point in doing that... but in that case Royal allowed full refund. vs FCC

• Haha 1

Going on the 1/21 Equinox sailing. Checked the app under health and it has definitely changed. 

‘All guests 2 and older must wear face masks indoors unless in their stateroom or actively eating or drinking’

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

So no mask required when "actively eating or drinking" on a cruise.  That pretty much means no mask required for most people on the ship unless they are sleeping!😄

Yep, that’s how it worked on Royal last Sept.  😀

1 hour ago, Chgojim said:

Going on the 1/21 Equinox sailing. Checked the app under health and it has definitely changed. 

‘All guests 2 and older must wear face masks indoors unless in their stateroom or actively eating or drinking’

I am on the same sailing and now seeing the same thing. I am a bit relieved. I had planned to wear a mask onboard anyway at this point, but I am glad that other passengers will now have to do so as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ohiolovescrusing said:

Maybe now for Jan sailings. Doesn’t show for our Feb cruise (at least not yet).

Most likely they will be making the decision near the end of the January depending upon what they are seeing with case numbers, both on board and the number of cancellations due to positive pre-cruise tests.  While the tests are not 100%, the best indicator of the number of cases that might make it on board is the number of positive tests in the cruise population.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Part of our packing list includes extra face masks. No matter the type of vacation we are doing. It's the new norm. We have extra face masks in our vehicles, for just in case. We'll wear them if required. No biggie. 😷

Same here, we always carry individually wrapped spares. We have "saved" a few people that lost their mask and were required to have a mask to enter/board. 

• Like 1

I just called to switch our room for a February sailing.

I asked about masks and the rep. said masks are required unless actively eating, drinking, or swimming. 

I wouldn't rely on the app. / website if that is something that you care about. 

• Thanks 1

The website has been updated with the below:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

As a result of increased COVID-19 cases associated with the Omicron variant, masks will be required for all guests (regardless of vaccination status,) at all times indoors except while eating or drinking.  Note that this policy is currently in effect and will be re-evaluated on a continuous basis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

The website has been updated with the below:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

As a result of increased COVID-19 cases associated with the Omicron variant, masks will be required for all guests (regardless of vaccination status,) at all times indoors except while eating or drinking.  Note that this policy is currently in effect and will be re-evaluated on a continuous basis.

I appreciate this. Masks were not required on our Sept/Oct. Millenium (AK) cruise. They were not required, but were more widely worn on our October Princess cruises (AK & LA-Ensenada with a significantly older passenger average age than on Millie), and were required on our Windstar (Fr. Polynesia) cruise last month. 

It makes sense to change requirements based upon current data, and to reevaluate frequently. 

• Thanks 1