Covid guests post disembarkation

luv4cruises

Reading posts on X Captain’s Club FB I learned that a quarantined cruiser is being housed at 4 points Sheraton, a 140/night hotel- not very nice - There are 80 rooms filled with Covid people.  She is receiving 100/day to order food - room service/ Uber eats etc.  She is not sure of arrangements to get her home yet.  These new Covid situations are unprecedented. It is so important to know what can happen if you test positive while on board, Some cruisers on Edge class ships are being quarantined in porthole cabins- no fresh air.  We need to know all the info in order to make informed decisions as to whether to cruise on not during this Omicron surge.  

Please add your experiences if you are one of the cruisers who tested positive recently on board.  I learned a lot from the “In Quarantine” thread and hope to learn more from other affected cruisers.  Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences,
I and all of you love cruising!  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

Reading posts on X Captain’s Club FB I learned that a quarantined cruiser is being housed at 4 points Sheraton, a 140/night hotel- not very nice - There are 80 rooms filled with Covid people.  She is receiving 100/day to order food - room service/ Uber eats etc.  She is not sure of arrangements to get her home yet.  These new Covid situations are unprecedented. It is so important to know what can happen if you test positive while on board, Some cruisers on Edge class ships are being quarantined in porthole cabins- no fresh air.  We need to know all the info in order to make informed decisions as to whether to cruise on not during this Omicron surge.  

Please add your experiences if you are one of the cruisers who tested positive recently on board.  I learned a lot from the “In Quarantine” thread and hope to learn more from other affected cruisers.  Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences,

I can't seem to find the FB page you are referencing.  There is a Celebrity Captains Club page but I see no posts like the one you describe.  Can you clarify where to find this info?

It seems from other posts you can find a hotel up to $350 per night and thecgiest will reimbursed for the cost?  The  4 Points Sheraton isn’t 5* but there a lot worse. Maybe she can move to another hotel.  
As to arrangement home, is she from the US or traveling internationally?  If from the  US she should be able to reschedule her return home flight with no penalty just the difference in price, if any.  I’m think if there is a price difference she can get reimbursed by X for the difference.

Just checked rates for the Sheraton and lowest rate I see is $182 so with taxes over $200.  I think X or RCG has a lower corporate rate.

Edited by jelayne

1 hour ago, luv4cruises said:

There are only certain hotels that are doing covid quarantines. Four Points isn't an expensive hotel but usually is about a 4 rating out of 5. It's often recommended on here when people are looking for a pre-cruise stay.

I haven't stayed there but it was one that popped up on Marriott for $180 in Feb.

This raises a larger question for anyone that arrives a day or two before the cruise.  How do you find out which hotels are being used as Covid quarantine facilities?  Should I assume that every hotel near the port is being used by people quarantining?  I don't want to stay a couple days in a Covid quarantine ward.  The only solution I can think of is to stay in a hotel that is more than $350/night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is fresh air in a porthole room; certainly they wouldn't be very appealing even in a non-COVID situation if there weren't. 

From "Healthy at Sea": "HVAC system continuously supplies and filters 100% fresh, filtered air to all spaces."

• Thanks 1

It seems the OP’s post was removed.  My comment appears- “X choice of hotel is very disappointing”. On the OP’s original post she stated that she chose to go with x plan, - hotel they chose.  The purpose of my inquiry is to educate myself as to what can happen if you test positive on a cruise..  I believe the holiday cruises had more cases than any previous X cruise so they had to deal with a lot more than previous cruises. I have cruised on X twice since August - only 5 cases on board. Now I’m deciding on a March cruise?  Any info about Covid positive cruisers’ experiences will help me make an informed personal decision. 
I love cruising!

46 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

It seems the OP’s post was removed.  My comment appears- “X choice of hotel is very disappointing”. On the OP’s original post she stated that she chose to go with x plan, - hotel they chose.  The purpose of my inquiry is to educate myself as to what can happen if you test positive on a cruise..  I believe the holiday cruises had more cases than any previous X cruise so they had to deal with a lot more than previous cruises. I have cruised on X twice since August - only 5 cases on board. Now I’m deciding on a March cruise?  Any info about Covid positive cruisers’ experiences will help me make an informed personal decision. 
I love cruising!

Some things I have learned.  Facebook posts that are negative are taken down fairly quick.  Most group administrators are travel agents and want a positive spin put on cruising right now.  I saw hotel pictures from a post that was taken down quick, from a quarantined passenger just off the Apex and it was beyond awful.  I've read quarantine rooms in hotels all over, not just FL are bad, even if the hotel is nice.  We were on the Edge in Nov. and a woman was telling us about staying at a beautiful resort in Turks, they contracted Covid and were put in the back of the resort in awful rooms that they paid a huge amount of money for.  We are on the Apex 1/22&29, I'm still on the fence.  I want to hear the good, but I need as much honest information, so I can plan for the worst if I decide to go.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

This raises a larger question for anyone that arrives a day or two before the cruise.  How do you find out which hotels are being used as Covid quarantine facilities?  Should I assume that every hotel near the port is being used by people quarantining?  I don't want to stay a couple days in a Covid quarantine ward.  The only solution I can think of is to stay in a hotel that is more than $350/night.

Maybe stay out quite a distance from the port at a less expensive hotel.  And then use a private transportation service to get you there day of cruise.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

The assumption with the current infection rates should be that everyone you come in contact with is potentially positive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Julma said:

Some things I have learned.  Facebook posts that are negative are taken down fairly quick.  Most group administrators are travel agents and want a positive spin put on cruising right now.  I saw hotel pictures from a post that was taken down quick, from a quarantined passenger just off the Apex and it was beyond awful.  I've read quarantine rooms in hotels all over, not just FL are bad, even if the hotel is nice.  We were on the Edge in Nov. and a woman was telling us about staying at a beautiful resort in Turks, they contracted Covid and were put in the back of the resort in awful rooms that they paid a huge amount of money for.  We are on the Apex 1/22&29, I'm still on the fence.  I want to hear the good, but I need as much honest information, so I can plan for the worst if I decide to go.  

Or maybe the hotel pics post was taken down because it was bogus. To follow your logic, hotels would all have to have good rooms and bad rooms.  How many decent hotels would stay in business if half their rooms were "bad" rooms? Of course some rooms are nicer than others but to believe the otherwise nice hotels have special bad rooms to stuff covid cases in seems a bit out there. I'm sure there are examples here and there of problem rooms but I take some of this info with a large grain of salt

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Maybe stay out quite a distance from the port at a less expensive hotel.  And then use a private transportation service to get you there day of cruise.

Yep, I think I'll end up doing something like that.  Originally I was scheduled to fly down a couple of days early and stay near the port.  My original concern was that I was afraid of getting infected on the flight to Fort Lauderdale, testing positive and missing the cruise.  I've moved on to Plan B where I decided to rent a car 1 way, drive to Fort Lauderdale and fly home.  I was going to return the car the day before we left and Uber over to the ship.  Maybe I need to move on to Plan C.  Stay some distance from the port, return the car the day of the cruise and Uber from the airport to the port.

• Like 1

just read this post on X Captain Club’s FB page.  This is the same poster who informed us of being in the 4points Sheraton. 

Hi all, now I am off the ship and in the Hotel, I thought I would start a new topic with an update of what has happened so far......

so the night before we disembarked I got a call from the restaurant team telling me i would get an express breakfast delivered to our room 6.30 - 7, it came, they only delivered 1, there are 2 of us..it was also gross, dried out scummy scrambled egg, cold sausages and cold bacon, a yogurt and some pastries (3) ...we were not told what time we were going to be able to get off the ship, we were showered and ready to leave for 9....about 10.30 they came and got us one by one with our luggage, we could not put the luggage out, we were taken down to deck 2 and exited a diff exit to the rest of the people....as soon as we were off the ship there was a car waiting to take us to the four points sheraton, most of us that test positive are here, 80 rooms full, some people did choose to book their own hotel (check trip advisor, its pretty awful)  we were given the option of $350 a night towards a hotel, we would have to book ourselves and get reimbursed, or Celebrity books us a room, mostly we all took that option so we stayed with in the Celebrity system, this place is like $140 a night....once checked in we were given a sheet with instructions on it and a care team phone number, ive called twice and left messages and no one has called me back yet, thats been almost 24 hours....the sheet also says we can over with uber eats and get $100 a day per person for food which we can claim, and the hotel would deliver breakfast, lunch and dinner to our rooms, we called about lunch yesterday and told no food in hotel, so i just did uber eats for lunch and dinner yesterday, I am going to order some groceries, fruit and drink and snacks with uber eats groceries, fruit, chips, snacks etc in a while....as well as lunch, I have $100 a day I am going to use.....this morning at 4 am my husband left for the airport with his very valuable negative covid 19 test (lucky devil) and he has landed in Detroit and is on his way home.....I have heard from a nice guy this morning called David, he is based here in the hotel, he is basically our care team person who will help us home, he doesn't work for Celebrity, I have 2 options to get home right now, just gotta figure our what is best.....I live in Canada but live on a US border, if I fly into Canada i have to wait 14 days from date of positive test, I can also fly into Detroit either on day 5 or day 10, this part is unclear, CDC says i am released with no symptoms on day 5, some airlines will not take us until day 10, David the care team guy is going to find out and let me know, if I land in Detroit I can get a car pick up service and drive me home across the border, Celebrity will pay for this....I could possibly go home as early as tomorrow, today is day 5 for me, or i can go sunday.....this part is still unclear......we have created a chat group of all of us in the same hotel with covid, we are sharing anything we know with each other, and trying to support each other, but we are all in different situations.....please again can I ask for any one with any negative opinions keep them to yourself, I don't want to hear that you wouldn't cruise right now its not helpful, I hope admin approves this like my other and I can answer any questions anyone may have....this is keeping me distracted so I don't start to feel upset,.....

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

just read this post on X Captain Club’s FB page.  This is the same poster who informed us of being in the 4points Sheraton. 

Hi all, now I am off the ship and in the Hotel, I thought I would start a new topic with an update of what has happened so far......

so the night before we disembarked I got a call from the restaurant team telling me i would get an express breakfast delivered to our room 6.30 - 7, it came, they only delivered 1, there are 2 of us..it was also gross, dried out scummy scrambled egg, cold sausages and cold bacon, a yogurt and some pastries (3) ...we were not told what time we were going to be able to get off the ship, we were showered and ready to leave for 9....about 10.30 they came and got us one by one with our luggage, we could not put the luggage out, we were taken down to deck 2 and exited a diff exit to the rest of the people....as soon as we were off the ship there was a car waiting to take us to the four points sheraton, most of us that test positive are here, 80 rooms full, some people did choose to book their own hotel (check trip advisor, its pretty awful)  we were given the option of $350 a night towards a hotel, we would have to book ourselves and get reimbursed, or Celebrity books us a room, mostly we all took that option so we stayed with in the Celebrity system, this place is like $140 a night....once checked in we were given a sheet with instructions on it and a care team phone number, ive called twice and left messages and no one has called me back yet, thats been almost 24 hours....the sheet also says we can over with uber eats and get $100 a day per person for food which we can claim, and the hotel would deliver breakfast, lunch and dinner to our rooms, we called about lunch yesterday and told no food in hotel, so i just did uber eats for lunch and dinner yesterday, I am going to order some groceries, fruit and drink and snacks with uber eats groceries, fruit, chips, snacks etc in a while....as well as lunch, I have $100 a day I am going to use.....this morning at 4 am my husband left for the airport with his very valuable negative covid 19 test (lucky devil) and he has landed in Detroit and is on his way home.....I have heard from a nice guy this morning called David, he is based here in the hotel, he is basically our care team person who will help us home, he doesn't work for Celebrity, I have 2 options to get home right now, just gotta figure our what is best.....I live in Canada but live on a US border, if I fly into Canada i have to wait 14 days from date of positive test, I can also fly into Detroit either on day 5 or day 10, this part is unclear, CDC says i am released with no symptoms on day 5, some airlines will not take us until day 10, David the care team guy is going to find out and let me know, if I land in Detroit I can get a car pick up service and drive me home across the border, Celebrity will pay for this....I could possibly go home as early as tomorrow, today is day 5 for me, or i can go sunday.....this part is still unclear......we have created a chat group of all of us in the same hotel with covid, we are sharing anything we know with each other, and trying to support each other, but we are all in different situations.....please again can I ask for any one with any negative opinions keep them to yourself, I don't want to hear that you wouldn't cruise right now its not helpful, I hope admin approves this like my other and I can answer any questions anyone may have....this is keeping me distracted so I don't start to feel upset,.....

If the person who posted this on FB wanted to share this on CC maybe she would have.  I guess anything goes on social media.  Also, I’m pretty sure this FB group is a private one, not opened to everyone.

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

Same response to my above comment.

On 1/5/2022 at 12:01 AM, phoenix_dream said:

I can't seem to find the FB page you are referencing.  There is a Celebrity Captains Club page but I see no posts like the one you describe.  Can you clarify where to find this info?

I just read the posts and the situation is bad