Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

47 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

What has become apparent is that Greece has "secret" (hidden at least) requirements for cruises.  Unfortunately, we don't get to see those to read an analyze for ourselves.

Not quite.  No other cruise line has had as onerous a requirements as Princess.  I do not keep checking this, so I am open to being corrected.

Similar, perhaps, insofaras a test is required to board.  But no one else is forcing an in-person test.  No one else has a test for a cruise ending in Greece.  And certainly not all lines have a test for a voyage with just port stops in Greece.  Similarity ends in my mind outside of voyages that depart from Greece (embarkation).

I agree Princess is the most restrictive with not allowing tele-supervised testing. Here is the Greece requirements by Celebrity:

image.thumb.png.c2934c7672df1e8ef0f7ef970e0fd769.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

This is from the Princess website;

Here’s the verbage:  FAQ Princess 

What documents do I need to bring with me in order to sail?

It’s important to remember to bring all your documents so that there are no issues at embarkation and you’re able to sail.

For most voyages, guests simply upload their proof of vaccination into our MedallionClass app while getting OceanReady with no testing requirement. Guests must have received their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the beginning of the cruise. Boosters are highly recommended for those eligible.

On voyages where self-testing is accepted, guests must upload a photo of their negative self-test while they are in the process of getting OceanReady. Guests should write their name and test date on a piece of paper, place the negative test on the paper, and take a photograph of this on a mobile device. Please be prepared to show the image, if required

I see nothing on their site about the self-test being PROCTORED.  Just a "self-test."

3 hours ago, Loveh2ofl said:

I've posted this before probably earlier in this thread - if one looks at the greek govt points item 6 is about private yachts (with similar wording) and item 7 says (highlights are mine).   So clearly there are some specific requirements for ships - but not specified online on their site:

"7. What is the situation with cruise ships?

As of 14.05.2021, cruise restrictions have been completely removed, always imposing very strict protocols that apply to these activities."

Well that surely make it's clear. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Username0123 said:

I see nothing on their site about the self-test being PROCTORED.  Just a "self-test."

My response was to a poster wanting to know if they need to take a picture if their covid vax or not. PCL states bring all your docs with you to the port as well as upload them if possible in the App.

If you have a question about testing then please look on PCL website under your particular situation or post on here. Thanks 

Anyone read the change to the Enhanced Guidelines Voyages From yesterday?  Looks like they eliminated a lot of voyages from the list.  Below is the only list I could find.

Voyages with Enhanced Guidelines

Sail Date

Voyage ID

Ship

Itinerary

20-Sep-22 8238A Majestic Princess® Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
20-Sep-22 8238B Majestic Princess® Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
24-Sep-22 8239 Majestic Princess® Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
24-Sep-22 8239A Majestic Princess® Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
26-Sep-22 A231A Grand Princess® Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
26-Sep-22 A231B Grand Princess® Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
03-Oct-22 A232 Grand Princess® Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
03-Oct-22 A232A Grand Princess® Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
09-Nov-22 3236 Crown Princess® Hawaii, Tahiti & Samoa
02-Dec-22 H240 Sapphire Princess® Andes & South America
02-Dec-22 H240A Sapphire Princess® Andes & South America
19-Dec-22 H301 Sapphire Princess® Antarctica & Cape Horn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, SClakeliving said:

I propped my iphone in a shoe! That way, I and the proctor had access to rear and forward camera on the Iphone. Works great!

I checked with On Point and they said I can hold the test kit up so it can be viewed. I was concerned that they needed to see my face and the kit at the same time. I saw a couple of Youtube and it is more relaxed than I thought.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fishboy1947 said:

I don’t see anything now on the site about documented recovery in case of a positive test, showing that you had COVID but have recovered but still test positive.Is this still available? Particularly is this accepted for cruises beginning in Greece?

The below is the only thing I could find that might be related to your situation, but it's not very clear.  It was in the FAQ's for EU cruises section.  

Guests who test positive for COVID-19 within 7 days prior to boarding will not be allowed to sail and should not travel to the ship. Guests who recently contracted COVID-19 with symptoms may be permitted to sail if it’s been at least 7 full days since their last positive test and their symptoms are improving. These guests must also provide negative laboratory confirmed COVID-19 viral test before boarding the ship. Close contacts of confirmed cases can sail if they have no symptoms and agree to testing at embarkation and on board.

• Like 1

SUPERVISED ANTIGEN TESTING IN VICTORIA B.C.

Looking for advice as to the cheapest way of getting an acceptable supervised RAT in Victoria B.C. before boarding Majestic Princess on Tue, September 20, '22. The best I can find is C$85!

7 hours ago, Tedferg said:

So, I can Fly, Drive or Walk into Canada, spend a week there, Fly, Drive or Walk out of Canada and do not need a Covid Test. But if I leave Canada on a Cruise ship, then I need a test?????

That is not quite correct. If you leave, enter, or stop within Canada, you need a test. I get your point….

Edited by Happiest when cruising

3 hours ago, frodo1 said:

SUPERVISED ANTIGEN TESTING IN VICTORIA B.C.

Looking for advice as to the cheapest way of getting an acceptable supervised RAT in Victoria B.C. before boarding Majestic Princess on Tue, September 20, '22. The best I can find is C$85!

Bring your own test kit and do an online proctored test?

I am now totally confused! We sail from New York on 5th October on Sky Princess. With the new updates on 'Voyages with Enhanced Guidelines', do I need to take a Lateral Flow test two days before embarking or not? We will be visiting Canada during the cruise and sailing back transatlantic to Southampton. I am fully vaccinated with a booster. Any guidance would be much appreciated as feedback when contacting Princess cruises tends to vary depending on who you speak to and their website/press releases are far from specific. Many thanks in advance, fortunately I still have a few weeks to go before we leave the UK.

11 minutes ago, bobfrom jersey said:

I am now totally confused! We sail from New York on 5th October on Sky Princess. With the new updates on 'Voyages with Enhanced Guidelines', do I need to take a Lateral Flow test two days before embarking or not? We will be visiting Canada during the cruise and sailing back transatlantic to Southampton. I am fully vaccinated with a booster. Any guidance would be much appreciated as feedback when contacting Princess cruises tends to vary depending on who you speak to and their website/press releases are far from specific. Many thanks in advance, fortunately I still have a few weeks to go before we leave the UK.

Voyages Departing, Arriving or Visiting Alaska & Canada

Updated: September 8, 2022

Vaccination Status

Definition by Country's Health Authority

Pre-Travel Test Type &
When to Take Test Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation.

Antigen within 2 days
OR

PCR within 72 hours

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bobfrom jersey said:

You follow the Canada restrictions.

I don’t show you on an enhanced voyage any more, as it was just changed. Click on enhanced voyages and you’ll see the updated list.  I think it is clear. But, keep checking.  You still need to test prior to sailing. And, fill out ArriveCAN prior to sailing too.

Vaccination Status

Pre-Travel Test Type & 

Fully Vaccinated

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation.

Antigen within 2 days
OR

PCR within 72 hours

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

You follow the Canada restrictions.

I don’t show you on an enhanced voyage any more, as it was just changed. Click on enhanced voyages and you’ll see the updated list.  I think it is clear. But, keep checking.  You still need to test prior to sailing. And, fill out ArriveCAN prior to sailing too.

Vaccination Status

Pre-Travel Test Type & 

Fully Vaccinated

Antigen within 2 days
OR

PCR within 72 hours

Here’s the current enhanced voyages:

Voyages with Enhanced Guidelines

Sail Date

Voyage ID

Ship

Itinerary

20-Sep-22 8238A Majestic Princess® Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
20-Sep-22 8238B Majestic Princess® Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
24-Sep-22 8239 Majestic Princess® Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
24-Sep-22 8239A Majestic Princess® Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
26-Sep-22 A231A Grand Princess® Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
26-Sep-22 A231B Grand Princess® Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
03-Oct-22 A232 Grand Princess® Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
03-Oct-22 A232A Grand Princess® Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific Crossing
09-Nov-22 3236 Crown Princess® Hawaii, Tahiti & Samoa
02-Dec-22 H240 Sapphire Princess® Andes & South America
02-Dec-22 H240A Sapphire Princess® Andes & South America
19-Dec-22 H301 Sapphire Princess® Antarctic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bobfrom jersey said:

This adds to the confusion as I understand there has been a more recent update on 14 September but as always, Princess information tends to be out of date!

Different sections, or parts of the world, are updated independently.  Just follow the guidelines for where you are cruising.

• Like 2

I won't be sailing until April 29, 2023.  Leaving from Vancouver sailing to Alaska.  I will be flying in from New York the day before.  I also will be staying overnight at the airport prior to the flight because of the early flight time and my distance from home to airport.,  Really don't want to get up at 2AM to get 6AM flight.  I am really hoping that the tests required (PCR or Antigen) will no longer be needed by then because of the time frame I have. I am fully vaccinated and 2 boosters.  

Another thing I see is that Sapphire Princess is scheduled for dry dock.  Ending on May 1, 2023.  The original cruise we booked began on May 2, but got cancelled and they created the April 29th itinerary instead.  Never sailed on a ship that close before/after a dry dock.  Any comments?? Thank you!

43 minutes ago, loves2crooze said:

I won't be sailing until April 29, 2023.  Leaving from Vancouver sailing to Alaska.  I will be flying in from New York the day before.  I also will be staying overnight at the airport prior to the flight because of the early flight time and my distance from home to airport.,  Really don't want to get up at 2AM to get 6AM flight.  I am really hoping that the tests required (PCR or Antigen) will no longer be needed by then because of the time frame I have. I am fully vaccinated and 2 boosters.  

Another thing I see is that Sapphire Princess is scheduled for dry dock.  Ending on May 1, 2023.  The original cruise we booked began on May 2, but got cancelled and they created the April 29th itinerary instead.  Never sailed on a ship that close before/after a dry dock.  Any comments?? Thank you!

Here’s hoping testing won’t be required then, but be prepared for it.
It really depends on what is being done at dry dock, and how long it is, but earlier posts say sometimes the food options runs a bit low. 
it wouldn’t stop me from booking the cruise, though. 

2 hours ago, loves2crooze said:

Being the snowflake that I am, I'd not want to sail on a ship scheduled for dry dock 'next week'.  I'd transfer to a different cruise if that made sense.  As for the testing, you have plenty of time to learn how to do a 'proctored self-test' ... unlike me who had only a couple weeks notice.  I needed to schedule a real test somewhere because I don't even know where the camera is on my computer and our travel schedule dictates that the test be done at EWR or the next day in Quebec.  Surely this testing insanity will be over by next April??!?