Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

2 hours ago, Denmal said:

So our cruise visits Greece.  We have had primary vaccine rounds and two boosters.  Last booster was in February which is over 270 days by the time we disembarkation on 12/2 BUT as I read it. We are OK? As we have 2 boosters ??

Opinions??

No opinion required.  Once you have had one booster, the 270 day mark no longer matters.  It only applies to the original series.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Requirements for Greece changed today, AGAIN!  You now need a booster if you are arriving, departing or visiting Greece.

Voyages that Include Greece

Updated: September 26, 2022

Vaccination Status

Definition by Country's Health Authority

Pre-Travel Test Type &
When to Take Test Before Boarding (ONLY required for departures from Greece)

Fully Vaccinated
18 and above

At least 14 days past completion of a primary vaccine series and no more than 270 days (9 months) from the date of disembarkation since receiving the last dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. A booster dose is required for guests 18 and older if the last COVID-19 vaccine dose in series is older than 9 months (270 days) from the date of disembarkation.

Antigen within 2 days
OR
PCR within 3 days

Fully Vaccinated
5 to 17

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation.

Antigen within 2 days
OR
PCR within 3 days

Not Fully Vaccinated*

Either not up to date or has not received a complete COVID-19 vaccine series. Please contact us to request a vaccination exemption to be presented upon embarkation.

Antigen within 2 days
OR
PCR within 3 days

Antigen within 2 days
OR
PCR within 3 days

*Kids 4 years of age and under are welcome to cruise and have no vaccination or test requirements. Minimum age to sail is 6 months or 12 months based on cruise itinerary, review Passage Contract for details.

Vaccination is required for voyages that depart, arrive or visit Greece. Testing is ONLY required for all voyages departing from Athens, Greece. Tests must be conducted in-person by medical personnel and guests will need a physical letter with the negative results. Test results proctored by video are not accepted.

It seems like there are several people at Princess updating Covid protocols and none of them agree, so it keeps changing every few days.  Who knows if Greece is keeping the 270 day rule?

We are back to being unable to see anything published with respect to cruise protocols.  Generally, this is no longer a requirement to enter Greece, according to EU reopen documentation.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, westcoaster said:

The Canadian government announced today that, as of October 1, passengers on cruise ships operating in Canada will no longer need to take pre-boarding Covid tests, to be vaccinated, or use ArriveCan.

I JUST saw this on the news!  Hurray!  In time for our October 9th sailing!  I confirmed it by looking at Princess website.  I hope I can safely cancel our PCR tests on October 1.   Want to make SURE before I do that! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Princess eliminated the testing requirement for fully vaccinated leaving from Athens:

UPDATED GREEK HEALTH PROTOCOLS FOR YOUR CRUISE
We are pleased to share that our COVID-19 protocols for your voyage have been amended. As a result, the pre-cruise testing and vaccination requirements for this voyage have changed.

Guests ages 5 and above who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 do not require pre-cruise COVID-19 testing for this voyage. To be considered fully vaccinated a guest must have completed their final dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

Guests ages 5 and above who have not been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 are required to take a viral COVID-19 test within three days of embarkation and attest to a negative result. A self-administered Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) is accepted.
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Captain's noon announcements on REGAL just now included that masks are now optional for the crew.  Came a bit earlier than expected.

I wish them all good health for the future. I’m sure some crew are worried, and many will be very happy. It will be interesting to see how the passengers feel about it. 

7 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

I wish them all good health for the future. I’m sure some crew are worried, and many will be very happy. It will be interesting to see how the passengers feel about it. 

From the reports I've read here and elsewhere, the vast majority of passengers are thrilled about this news.  "I can't wait to see their smiling faces!" seems to be the common sentiment.  I'm with the majority.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from our LA to Hawaii to LA cruise on the Sapphire October 4 - 19, where my significant other came down with covid.  I can say neither of us were thrilled to see only about 10 to 15 percent of passengers were typically masked.  It may make those that are not directly impacted happy, but not us or the others that came down sick.  She doesn't know WHO she caught it from, or exactly WHEN, but it could have been from the very over-exuberant hula instructor Rowenna, who kept kissing and hugging her victims whether they wanted it or not.  In our opinions, Princess was just pandering to their greed and giving in to the "mask-fatigue" of the general public.  Almost all crew were masked in public.  Evidently, fifty-one passengers were still being isolated in their cabins at the end of the voyage; and, were disembarked after all other passengers.  It's sure that many others were in fact sick with covid who did not reported to the medical center.  I was somehow fortunate to not catch it during the cruise, and did not come down with covid since returning home.

45 minutes ago, Jeff in Torrance said:

Just returned from our LA to Hawaii to LA cruise on the Sapphire October 4 - 19, where my significant other came down with covid.  I can say neither of us were thrilled to see only about 10 to 15 percent of passengers were typically masked.  It may make those that are not directly impacted happy, but not us or the others that came down sick.  She doesn't know WHO she caught it from, or exactly WHEN, but it could have been from the very over-exuberant hula instructor Rowenna, who kept kissing and hugging her victims whether they wanted it or not.  In our opinions, Princess was just pandering to their greed and giving in to the "mask-fatigue" of the general public.  Almost all crew were masked in public.  Evidently, fifty-one passengers were still being isolated in their cabins at the end of the voyage; and, were disembarked after all other passengers.  It's sure that many others were in fact sick with covid who did not reported to the medical center.  I was somehow fortunate to not catch it during the cruise, and did not come down with covid since returning home.

So sorry to hear your DW got covid.  I hope she is doing well.

So, in light of this…what do you think of the latest changes?

1. PCL is supposed to let the crew go unmasked starting about Oct 27th.

2. For MOST cruises, you don’t have to test or be vaccinated.  There are still some enhanced voyages and government restrictions for a few destinations. 

This is in line with several other cruise lines.

I caught Covid on our Greenland & Iceland cruise mid-August. If I understand what I have read on the Princess site, I will be getting FCC for the 5 days I spent in isolation. I have already received credit for the excursion I missed and am wondering how long it typically takes Princess to issue the credit for the days in isolation? Is it really FCC?

• Like 1

Does anyone know which online testing site is still doing proctored testing with at home covid tests?  Looks like OnPoint went out of business as others did after being hacked this month.

EMed does if you buy their proctored test.

Enhanced Voyages still require medically assisted covid tests.

TIA

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Does anyone know which online testing site is still doing proctored testing with at home covid tests?  Looks like OnPoint went out of business as others did after being hacked this month.

EMed does if you buy their proctored test.

Enhanced Voyages still require medically assisted covid tests.

TIA

Here's a good article.  I also called one of the mentioned companies (Azova) which uses almost any test....were very responsive to questions.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/at-home-covid-testing-travel/

See Azova:

https://www.azova.com/travelvideo/

28 minutes ago, Loveh2ofl said:

Here's a good article.  I also called one of the mentioned companies (Azova) which uses almost any test....were very responsive to questions.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/at-home-covid-testing-travel/

See Azova:

https://www.azova.com/travelvideo/

Thanks!  I will pass this along.  I have emed tests, so I know mine will work.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Muffinz said:

Still no changes to cruises going to or departing from Australia / New Zealand / Pacific Islands

Negative covid test still required to board

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/au-cruises/

Looking for COVID test options in Sydney prior to cruise.  We will be flying into Sydney from Brisbane the day prior to departure.  Nice if we could find a walk-in test site.

6 hours ago, sydgal said:

In Australia, all you need is RAT completed within 24 hours of sailing. There is a chemist at Circular Quay that has the tests for purchase

I believe the RAT test has to be supervised / monitored?

We will be in the same situation for our cruise in Feburary 2023.... but by then they (Australian government) have have changed the rules / requirements, but there are bargain chemists and Chemist Warehouse all over Sydney I believe that sell RAT Tests

15 hours ago, Kamfish642 said:

Looking for COVID test options in Sydney prior to cruise.  We will be flying into Sydney from Brisbane the day prior to departure.  Nice if we could find a walk-in test site.

Also, check with your hotel.  They will know an option close by. Or, someone may know if the port in Brisbane has a test option.

I am cruising 10 Nov on Coral Princess, RAT is self administered and results photographed with ID and date /time and has to be available for checkin if asked for. Unless you are on an enhanced cruise a supervised test is not required

Dated November 2 on Princess FAQ for Australia/NZb-  note no booster requirement or monitored test - while no updates yet to enhanced guidelines voyages,,,,see:  CruiseHealth™ FAQ: Sailings from Australia & New Zealand - Princess Cruises

Current Health Protocols for Cruises Visiting Australia, New Zealand & South Pacific Countries

• Vaccinations
    • Guests must have received their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the beginning of the cruise and provide acceptable proof at terminal check-in.
    • Boosters are highly recommended for those eligible at least seven days before cruising.
  • Testing
    • At terminal check-in guests must attest to a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or rapid antigen) taken before embarkation.

2 hours ago, Loveh2ofl said:

Dated November 2 on Princess FAQ for Australia/NZb-  note no booster requirement or monitored test - while no updates yet to enhanced guidelines voyages,,,,see:  CruiseHealth™ FAQ: Sailings from Australia & New Zealand - Princess Cruises

Current Health Protocols for Cruises Visiting Australia, New Zealand & South Pacific Countries

• Vaccinations
    • Guests must have received their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the beginning of the cruise and provide acceptable proof at terminal check-in.
    • Boosters are highly recommended for those eligible at least seven days before cruising.
  • Testing
    • At terminal check-in guests must attest to a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or rapid antigen) taken before embarkation.

Would be nice if the Enhanced Voyages were changed too.  
They do mention, if you’re on an Enhanced Voyage, to check the rules for that, they vary.

2 hours ago, Loveh2ofl said:

• Vaccinations
  • Testing

that doesn't really make sense.....you still must attest to a negative covid test.... but it doesn't need to be monitored? does that mean you can just go to the port say you did a test and it was negative.... it doesn't say you need to provide proof of the said test.

This is just more confusing!