Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

19 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

that doesn't really make sense.....you still must attest to a negative covid test.... but it doesn't need to be monitored? does that mean you can just go to the port say you did a test and it was negative.... it doesn't say you need to provide proof of the said test.

This is just more confusing!

It’s a lot less confusing and much easier if you just look up whats required for your specific cruise.

All you need is:

First and Last Name

Booking Number

OR

Voyage Number

https://www.princess.com/protocol/

Edited by Explorer2316
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Explorer2316 said:

It’s a lot less confusing and much easier if you just look up whats required for your specific cruise.

All you need is:

First and Last Name

Booking Number

OR

Voyage Number

thanks for that - I tried that and got the following message, so I'll have to do it closer to the time

image.thumb.png.87dc7f05a6e12ba222094425beca88b4.png

1 hour ago, Muffinz said:

that doesn't really make sense.....you still must attest to a negative covid test.... but it doesn't need to be monitored? does that mean you can just go to the port say you did a test and it was negative.... it doesn't say you need to provide proof of the said test.

This is just more confusing!

I think it’s very clear.  If you read the Q&A.

Tells you what you need to do if you self attest.

UPDATED: What is acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 test result?

We require all guests to complete the OceanReady steps via the MedallionClass App to simplify the pre-travel process of completing COVID-19 requirements and documentation. You will need to attest you have received a negative COVID-19 test result and upload a photo to prove your negative result, provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status and to complete the health declaration. Once complete and all details & documents have been verified, you will receive 'Green Lane Ready’ status on the app, which you will need to present at the cruise terminal.

Please ensure you have digital or physical copies of your negative COVID-19 test result and proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status to present at the cruise terminal.

For guests who have completed a pre-departure Rapid Antigen Test (RAT):

1. The guest must take one (1) photo which shows the guest’s negative RAT result next to the guest’s government issued photo ID; and date and time taken.
  2. The guest must carry photo of the negative test result (or have access to it on their mobile phone) and show it upon request at the terminal.

For guests who had a pre-departure PCR test:
The guest must have access to the text message received from the relevant laboratory or health authority which confirms the pre-departure PCR result; and show that text message upon request at the terminal.

For guests who fail to carry evidence of their pre-departure COVID-19 test result or whose test does not comply with pre-departure testing requirements:

Any guest:

1. who fails to carry evidence of their pre-departure test result as set out above; or
  2. whose test does not comply with pre-departure testing requirements (for example: they had a PCR test more than 48 hours before departure or a RAT more than 24 hours before departure),

Will be required to undertake a self administered RAT prior to entering the terminal. If the RAT returns a positive result, the guest will be denied boarding.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Explorer2316 said:

All you need is:

First and Last Name

Booking Number

OR

Voyage Number

That is well and good, however, for my upcoming cruise Princess says nothing required; but Cartagena Colombia says otherwise.

Princess site was updated 10/12 so maybe things changed in the last 3 weeks.

26 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

That is well and good, however, for my upcoming cruise Princess says nothing required; but Cartagena Colombia says otherwise.

Princess site was updated 10/12 so maybe things changed in the last 3 weeks.

Interesting. I know princess does no charge testing onboard just prior to ports that require it. That may be why its not required to board. Just my 2cents….

13 hours ago, Loveh2ofl said:

Dated November 2 on Princess FAQ for Australia/NZb-  note no booster requirement or monitored test - while no updates yet to enhanced guidelines voyages,,,,see:  CruiseHealth™ FAQ: Sailings from Australia & New Zealand - Princess Cruises

Current Health Protocols for Cruises Visiting Australia, New Zealand & South Pacific Countries

• Vaccinations
    • Guests must have received their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the beginning of the cruise and provide acceptable proof at terminal check-in.
    • Boosters are highly recommended for those eligible at least seven days before cruising.
  • Testing
    • At terminal check-in guests must attest to a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or rapid antigen) taken before embarkation.

Bummer.... Still very stressful!!! Imagine, flying 14 hours to an embarkation port, just to test positive. We were so hoping that this would change. After the stress of flying to London and testing at our hotel (we were both negative), we said we would not do that again.

We are cruising to Adelaide and Kangaroo Island on Grand Princess in January --- I have read that it may be required  to covid test before and after going ashore ? Is this the case ? Just wondering how this could be done for such a large number and timing if this was neccessary. 

• 2 weeks later...

Headed out in a few days for Mexico, and found this update on the main page (after putting in our confirmation #):

Standard Protocols

This specific booking and/or voyage follows our COVID-19 Standard Protocols for vaccination and testing requirements.

Vaccination Requirements

• It is highly recommended that all guests be up to date on their vaccination status. Vaccinations, however, are not required.

Testing Requirements

• Guests are not required to take a COVID-19 test prior to embarkation.

No longer a test??  Saves us buying the antigen swabs.  Glad to hear it.  Wondering if this is just for Mexico.  Can someone else confirm with a different destination?

5 minutes ago, Incognito1 said:

Headed out in a few days for Mexico, and found this update on the main page (after putting in our confirmation #):

Standard Protocols

This specific booking and/or voyage follows our COVID-19 Standard Protocols for vaccination and testing requirements.

Vaccination Requirements

• It is highly recommended that all guests be up to date on their vaccination status. Vaccinations, however, are not required.

Testing Requirements

• Guests are not required to take a COVID-19 test prior to embarkation.

No longer a test??  Saves us buying the antigen swabs.  Glad to hear it.  Wondering if this is just for Mexico.  Can someone else confirm with a different destination?

Sapphire Princess South America and Antarctica itineraries for December 2022 still showing as requiring the test prior to embarkation...  Happy to know that enhanced voyages are being changed for some, even if not for ours.  (yet? she adds with guarded optimism)

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, kamelia said:

Sapphire Princess South America and Antarctica itineraries for December 2022 still showing as requiring the test prior to embarkation...  Happy to know that enhanced voyages are being changed for some, even if not for ours.  (yet? she adds with guarded optimism)

Before they took away the full list of enhanced cruises a couple of weeks ago, those Sapphire cruises were the only ones left on the list. The issue there is Chile. No one seems to know if the people getting on in LA and continuing to Antarctica will need a test before, during or after the stops in Chile.

4 hours ago, NownZen said:

Before they took away the full list of enhanced cruises a couple of weeks ago, those Sapphire cruises were the only ones left on the list. The issue there is Chile. No one seems to know if the people getting on in LA and continuing to Antarctica will need a test before, during or after the stops in Chile.

At the moment, I have made arrangements for the required pre-cruise test.  Once onboard, though, if any additional testing is required as part of the itinerary, I would expect Princess to provide that.  And I think this is a reasonable expectation given that was the way it was handled during our Alaska cruise-tour earlier this year that started on land - Princess arranged for the mandatory pre-cruise test at one of the lodges in preparation for boarding in Whittier.  🤔

7 hours ago, NownZen said:

The Crown that left Nov 9th, just a few days ago, was on the enhanced voyages list. 28 day South Pacific. Fully vaccinated, 1 booster and covid test within 3 days of sailing.

19 hours ago, kamelia said:

At the moment, I have made arrangements for the required pre-cruise test.  Once onboard, though, if any additional testing is required as part of the itinerary, I would expect Princess to provide that.  And I think this is a reasonable expectation given that was the way it was handled during our Alaska cruise-tour earlier this year that started on land - Princess arranged for the mandatory pre-cruise test at one of the lodges in preparation for boarding in Whittier.  🤔

Yes, if they test OB, it is free. If you’re on an Enhanced Voyage, expect self testing in your room, and results shown to your cabin steward.  They provide the tests, of course.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, if they test OB, it is free. If you’re on an Enhanced Voyage, expect self testing in your room, and results shown to your cabin steward.  They provide the tests, of course.

That's a great piece of data to have, thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...

Now 20 days till we board Emerald for Panama Canal cruise.  Cartagena Colombia according to US Embassy and Colombian Government websites says proof of full vaccination or negative test required for entry.  Celebrity and Roysl same.

Princess say no vaccination or testing required.  Is this part of the - you are responsible for knowing the rules for each country?

10 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Now 20 days till we board Emerald for Panama Canal cruise.  Cartagena Colombia according to US Embassy and Colombian Government websites says proof of full vaccination or negative test required for entry.  Celebrity and Roysl same.

Princess say no vaccination or testing required.  Is this part of the - you are responsible for knowing the rules for each country?

You are ultimately responsible for knowing the rules for each country, yes, but it's possible that you are on one of the Enhanced Voyages that now require more effort to confirm whether or not a medically-supervised test is required.  I would suggest getting your Voyage Number from your Travel Summary, and check to be sure by going to https://www.princess.com/protocol/

3 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The health tool on PCL should show requirements.  However, I would carry my vax certificate with me, as you may need to show a copy once onshore.  

If PCL does not require a covid test to board, according to their health tool, if you are required to have the test, then they provide the test OB for free.  They usually test 2 days before arrival.

Because of so many changes we cruise with our vax certificates and some covid tests for our own peace of mind. 

16 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Because of so many changes we cruise with our vax certificates and some covid tests for our own peace of mind.

Same here and we add a supply of N95 masks and wear them if instructed or even if we just observe indications of people ignoring symptoms (hacking away in the theater for example).

5 hours ago, kamelia said:

You are ultimately responsible for knowing the rules for each country, yes, but it's possible that you are on one of the Enhanced Voyages that now require more effort to confirm whether or not a medically-supervised test is required.  I would suggest getting your Voyage Number from your Travel Summary, and check to be sure by going to https://www.princess.com/protocol/

Let me try this again. 

Princess says vaccination or testing is NOT required for my voyage thru the Panama Canal on Emerald.  This in not listed as an enhanced voyage.  That was eliminated in October  

Other cruise lines are requiring all passengers to be vaccinated on cruises that stop in Colombia.

The US Embassy in Bogota AND the Colombia Government websites both state unvaccinated persons require a negative covid test for entry.  Vaccinated persons must have proof of vaccination - not an electronic copy.

3 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Let me try this again. 

Princess says vaccination or testing is NOT required for my voyage thru the Panama Canal on Emerald.  This in not listed as an enhanced voyage.  That was eliminated in October  

Other cruise lines are requiring all passengers to be vaccinated on cruises that stop in Colombia.

The US Embassy in Bogota AND the Colombia Government websites both state unvaccinated persons require a negative covid test for entry.  Vaccinated persons must have proof of vaccination - not an electronic copy.

I understood that.  My Itinerary and MedallionClass app were also stating that "testing is not required" for my upcoming cruise, but it IS an Enhanced Voyage and proof of a negative medically-observed COVID-19 test IS required.  Up until the past few days when Princess started sending "Important Booking Information" to clarify that in fact we are required to have this test, it was only through the Protocol link I included in my earlier comment that I could confirm that we would need to have this negative test in order to board the ship for this itinerary.  Given that kerfuffle, I thought it was prudent to suggest that you might also want to check for your voyage yourself as an additional precaution and for your own peace of mind.  (How's this for irony - as I'm typing, my phone rings and it's a canned message from Princess Cruises reminding me that I must be tested 3 days prior to boarding the ship, and then I get a text "ping" with the same reminder.  🤭

It has been a confusing mess for so many - I'm just glad for you that you don't have that additional complication!

Safe sailing!  And Happy Holidays however you choose to celebrate.

5 minutes ago, kamelia said:

I understood that.  My Itinerary and MedallionClass app were also stating that "testing is not required" for my upcoming cruise, but it IS an Enhanced Voyage and proof of a negative medically-observed COVID-19 test IS required.  Up until the past few days when Princess started sending "Important Booking Information" to clarify that in fact we are required to have this test, it was only through the Protocol link I included in my earlier comment that I could confirm that we would need to have this negative test in order to board the ship for this itinerary.  Given that kerfuffle, I thought it was prudent to suggest that you might also want to check for your voyage yourself as an additional precaution and for your own peace of mind.  (How's this for irony - as I'm typing, my phone rings and it's a canned message from Princess Cruises reminding me that I must be tested 3 days prior to boarding the ship, and then I get a text "ping" with the same reminder.  🤭

It has been a confusing mess for so many - I'm just glad for you that you don't have that additional complication!

Had similar confusion this summer when Celebrity set it up to search for cruises by the starting country.  Problem was the country where we started was not listed.  Their executive offices after several emails and calls said oops!  

Makes it hard when what the cruiseline says is either wrong or missing.

2 hours ago, kamelia said:

Princess is not giving anyone an excuse that they did not know about the testing requirement. I got two emails overnight, the phone call and a text message and a reminder from my TA. Plus we just passed our test.

On the website cruise personalizer, under important notices, the first two paragraphs are contradictory. One says no test needed the other says a test is needed. The app has a place to enter in a picture of our self test results but no place to enter the proctored test. 

3 hours ago, NownZen said:

Princess is not giving anyone an excuse that they did not know about the testing requirement. I got two emails overnight, the phone call and a text message and a reminder from my TA. Plus we just passed our test.

On the website cruise personalizer, under important notices, the first two paragraphs are contradictory. One says no test needed the other says a test is needed. The app has a place to enter in a picture of our self test results but no place to enter the proctored test. 

I did get the message on the MedallionClass app to come back 48 hours prior to departure to enter the proctored test results, so I'll try again tomorrow.  I think it's going to be the same area that's asking for self-test results.

8 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

The health tool on PCL should show requirements.  However, I would carry my vax certificate with me, as you may need to show a copy once onshore.  

If PCL does not require a covid test to board, according to their health tool, if you are required to have the test, then they provide the test OB for free.  They usually test 2 days before arrival.

I don't think any of us over 50 will ever go anywhere again without our vax cards!