ms Nieuw Amsterdam in Port Everglades January 8, 2022

Scrapnana

UPDATE:  I just read on Facebook that this cruise was canceled.  She will have to come into port to disembark the current passengers.  Not sure if her departure time will change.

Nieuw Amsterdam will be at pier 26 (starboard to) from 5:30 am - 4 pm.  She will be sailing off on a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise.

Cruise itinerary map for Holland America Line 7 Night Western Caribbean (92089)

Also in port are Sky Princess at pier 2 (4:45 am - 4 pm), Emerald Princess at pier 21 (6 am - 4 pm), Allure of the Seas at pier 18 (5:15 am -4:30 pm, and Celebrity Apex at pier 25 (6:15 am - 4 pm).  Carnival Paradise will be at pier 19 from 3:45 am - 4 pm (I believe without passengers).

With five ships set to sail at 4 pm it may be a slow sail-away day.

The PTZtv webcams can be found at  https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/  and https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/.

Next up:  Rotterdam on Sunday, January 9.

Edited by Scrapnana
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, ski ww said:

Thanks for the heads up. Wonder how many more cruises will be cancelled??

cancellation is not covid related.  They are repositioning the ship.

From Gus Antorcha’s letter 

FA283A4B-1693-4477-AD82-051765231F95.png.5dd6bf945b92fc476705a87671e06032.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, kazu said:

From Gus Antorcha’s letter 

FA283A4B-1693-4477-AD82-051765231F95.png.5dd6bf945b92fc476705a87671e06032.png

So charters are more important than providing the experience that those displaced guests were expecting?  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

So charters are more important than providing the experience that those displaced guests were expecting?  

the charters were displaced  as well. Did you even bother to read what I posted?

and yes, charters make a lot more money for HAL than regular cruises.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Scrapnana said:

UPDATE:  I just read on Facebook that this cruise was canceled.  She will have to come into port to disembark the current passengers.  Not sure if her departure time will change.

Nieuw Amsterdam will be at pier 26 (starboard to) from 5:30 am - 4 pm.  She will be sailing off on a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise.

Cruise itinerary map for Holland America Line 7 Night Western Caribbean (92089)

Also in port are Sky Princess at pier 2 (4:45 am - 4 pm), Emerald Princess at pier 21 (6 am - 4 pm), Allure of the Seas at pier 18 (5:15 am -4:30 pm, and Celebrity Apex at pier 25 (6:15 am - 4 pm).  Carnival Paradise will be at pier 19 from 3:45 am - 4 pm (I believe without passengers).

With five ships set to sail at 4 pm it may be a slow sail-away day.

The PTZtv webcams can be found at  https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/  and https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/.

Next up:  Rotterdam on Sunday, January 9.

I will probably miss the  Sail Away as I will be hearing confessions from 4 to 5 PM Central Standard Time 

So I just got a new cellphone, and have downloaded some new-to-me apps. One of them is a marine tracker app. Unfortunately I know NOTHING about it, nor have I even begun to figure out the legends.  However, it appears the Noordam is out there making her way into Port Everglades??

@ski ww, I see you use an app....is that what you see?

L.

26 minutes ago, leerathje said:

So I just got a new cellphone, and have downloaded some new-to-me apps. One of them is a marine tracker app. Unfortunately I know NOTHING about it, nor have I even begun to figure out the legends.  However, it appears the Noordam is out there making her way into Port Everglades??

@ski ww, I see you use an app....is that what you see?

L.

Looks like as it often does Noordam will anchor outside the port and exchange crew by tender with the Neiuw Amsterdam.  It may be visible on the FLL SE cam or one of the FLL beach cams at  times.

Roy

On 1/7/2022 at 6:23 AM, kazu said:

But they are repositioning the ship BECAUSE the charters postponed.  Which may well have been a COVID-inspired decision.  The Country Music Cruise scheduled on Jan 15th had some Big Names playing, and those folks may have refused to go on board because of Covid.

I live in Florida, where I usher at a performing arts venue, and we have had quite a few acts cancel January bookings because of the Covid surge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Please correct me if I am wrong, it is my understanding that the Nieuw Amsterdam is being repositioned.  If so, to where?  

I think repositioned is a misnomer.  Today's cruise is cancelled; charters for the next 2 weeks are postponed.  No new cruises for NA have been anounced. so repositioned to limbo.

Roy

• Thanks 1