Harmony OTS - Just getting back. Ask away

bgoff60

Just getting back from a 7-Day Harmony of the seas.  Would love to answer any questions you might have.  It was a significantly different experience than we noted in the past but it was still enjoyable.  

• Like 2

Just now, bgoff60 said:

I would say that I would definitely book again under the same circumstances with the expectation and knowledge that some things change that you just can't plan around.

Flexibility is necessary in these times

• Like 8

Same as Ericson just we're on deck for a cruise on this ship but the following week. We sailed on this ship the year it was built so we already have that experience. Question was onboard activities like shows still running.  Looks like the port denials are turning the value of this cruise on its self entertainment.  We already booked another cruise in May as a replacement for this one if things continue to worsen.  We live near the port and are retired so are flexible. We're fortunate that it's not like vacation time, flight and hotel booked and we have to go. It's been over 2 years for us. What's another 4 months to be able to visit ports again.  As bad as we want to go timing is not good. Back up cruise ABC islands in May should be fun. Dam you Covid. 😡

• Like 1

Thanks for posting.  We are scheduled to sail on Harmony on the 16th.  We have to fly to the port so that makes our decision of "to cruise or not to cruise" a little more difficult.  Were you aware of many of the passengers on your sailing that tested positive and had to be quarantined?     

We sailed HOTS Christmas week…there were 6 of us with 3 cabins and our experience was fabulous! No shows were cancelled and even the elevators didn’t feel that crowded. Staff was great and everything was very clean and felt safe. We did not dine in the main dining room so I can’t speak to that. We had UDP so took advantage of the smaller venues for dinners and some lunches. Only did Windjammer once and wasn’t thrilled with that but our other cruises we weren’t thrilled with it much either.  Coastal kitchen/suite lounge and Diamond lounge were not crowded whenever we were in them and service was great in both. 

If we had more time off of work we would be going again ASAP! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ericksonbjj said:

What was the biggest difference from past cruises? What venues were open/closed? We board Harmony tomorrow, hoping for the best!

Aqua show cancelled (short staffed - AKA sick staff), Grease cancelled - same explanation provided.  Just seemed overall to be a very chill cruise.  Bolero's was never really busy in the later hours of the evening which is something I have never seen.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vacationdreaming said:

Thanks for posting.  We are scheduled to sail on Harmony on the 16th.  We have to fly to the port so that makes our decision of "to cruise or not to cruise" a little more difficult.  Were you aware of many of the passengers on your sailing that tested positive and had to be quarantined?     

To the best of our knowledge, no passengers were confirmed as positive.  there were a few that were put on cabin lockdown for observation

Edited by bgoff60
spelling
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 10:51 PM, bgoff60 said:

Oh, an we had a pax count of 3,150 out of 5,480 or about  57% full but I gotta day it felt like much less.  

We are on now.  I am hearing similar numbers but like you,  I think it feels much less.