Cancelled cruises -Double points applied

1 minute ago, HicksRA said:

I’d guess this is an incentive to persuade people to take fcc’s instead of refunds. Probably too many asking for refunds. 

In their previous SEC filings, they mentioned about 40% taking refunds - don't recall seeing that figure in more recent filing.

Here us an interesting question with this new policy. If you are traveling as a couple you will get two FCCs can you use them seperatly for two new cruises using 1 for each of the new cruises resulting in 2 cruises with double points?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Karter said:

If you are traveling as a couple you will get two FCCs can you use them separately for two new cruises using 1 for each of the new cruises resulting in 2 cruises with double points?

That may work if RCI doesn't automatically apply the FCC for both folks - @Ourusualbeach can confirm whether you can opt out of applying the FCC.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

That may work if RCI doesn't automatically apply the FCC for both folks - @Ourusualbeach can confirm whether you can opt out of applying the FCC.

In the past I could when only one of us had left over FCC available. In that case one of us had $1,500 and the other had $1,000. After applying the FCCs the $1,000 was used up and there was $300 left on the first one. After the cruise was complete Royal issued a new $300 FCC which was used on a new booking.

Since FCCs are by passenger name it seems like they can be used individually.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Big difference between Royal cancelling the cruise for passengers who were prepared to sail vs passengers who cancelled voluntarily.  They have been through this numerous times with differences in FCC or lift and shift options over the past 21 months and stuck to their original offer.  I don't expect any leeway for guest who voluntarily cancelled.

Taking a refund for a cruise they cancelled (serenade 5 Mar) doesn’t feel like a voluntary cancellation.  Yet I’ve now lost the ability to get my double points back even if I schedule a cruise (which I did yesterday…odyssey on 6 Mar —paid cash)

I’ll survive, but really wanted diamond plus before my med cruise in September.  Now I’ll be like 5 points short.  Ugh!

3 hours ago, bigmoose7563 said:

Serious question. Can someone please explain what the good perks are cause I'm not seeing what the big deal is when I look at the C&A breakdown? Or is it just bragging rights on forums like this

Diamond Plus receives one free bag of laundry and two 24-hour segments of free internet per cruise.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Good luck getting anything in writing.  When you cannot even get a written notification that they have cancelled your cruise for a refund or  cancellation number I highly doubt you will ever see anything in writing about the double points.  The best you can do is take a screenshot of MB's FB post and save that.

Any chance that screenshot could be posted here for those of us (me) who aren't on FB? 

Does anyone know what the terms and conditions are that come with this change?  My assumption is that the original terms apply, meaning we need to book a cruise for this year.

Related question, I assume this applies to all parties booked in the cabin of the cruise canceled.  (in my case the wife and I)  What happens if we each use our FCC on a different cruise?  Does just the person who used the FCC with the bonus get the points?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm wondering if you have a year to use the fcc, does that mean you can book a year from now and get double pts ... past the end of the promo.

The email I got for the 1/29/22 cancellation of my Serenade cruise stated the FCC was good until

• Your certificate can be used on any Royal Caribbean International sailing that departs on or before December 31, 2022 (or one year from your original sailing – whichever is further out), as long as it’s redeemed by May 31, 2022.

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Cc is how I found out my jewel or liberty cruise b2b way last year was cancelled. I read it on cc. Never did hear from rcl. It's very normal. 

It may be "normal" but it's not acceptable.  Surely, directly informing the affected party should be a given.

If Delta cancels a flight (or even changes it by a few minutes), I'm immediately informed by email.

RCCL cancels a cruise and never sends a notice?  Totally unacceptable!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is the very first post of this thread

Yes, I read it but that was a copy/paste. I was hoping someone would have something more official - like a FB screenshot. But I guess enough people have talked about this publicly now that Royal can't backtrack 😜 I'll wait and confirm w/ my TA if I don't get a direct email from Royal. 

1 minute ago, jdg623 said:

Yes, I read it but that was a copy/paste. I was hoping someone would have something more official - like a FB screenshot. But I guess enough people have talked about this publicly now that Royal can't backtrack 😜 I'll wait and confirm w/ my TA if I don't get a direct email from Royal. 

See post 38.

You are right.  Its pretty public now.  The need for any written documentation really does not exist

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jdg623 said:

double points .jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, logan25 said:

Serious question. Can someone please explain what the good perks are cause I'm not seeing what the big deal is when I look at the C&A breakdown? Or is it just bragging rights on forums like this

4 hours ago, logan25 said:

Diamond Plus receives one free bag of laundry and two 24-hour segments of free internet per cruise.

And Diamond Plus gets one additional free drink per day. Five drinks instead of four for Diamond.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, little britain said:

To our Crown & Anchor Members impacted by the recent sailing cancellations.

Last week, we announced cancellations of several sailings and received many questions regarding the Double Point promotion.    Please note as soon as the Future Cruise Credit (FCC) issued for these cancellations is applied to an upcoming booking, we will automatically apply the Double Points. There’s nothing you need to do to ensure the points are applied. 

We know many of you booked your vacations because of the Double Points promotion, and we look forward to seeing you back onboard.

Michael Bayley on FB 

In just talking to RCI the FCC for double points would only apply to a cruise booked for 2022.  Subsequently, the cruise that I booked to replace this one in 2 weeks would qualify, however, I will not get the FCC prior to departure date in 2  weeks and have to pay it off otherwise.  My other 16 cruises this year are already booked on the double point promo.  Nowhere to plug in another one. 

8 hours ago, bigmoose7563 said:

The big perk that everyone seems to go for are the loyalty lounges and at the time the unlimited cocktails during certain hours.  I personally like the new program they have now adding drinks to your acct that can be used throughout the day.  The balcony discount seems like a good perk. Other than that there is nothing to compel me to chase points. I chase itineraries, and price. If Royal Caribbean works out then I book with them.  There are so many people who complain about cutbacks and changes but they still book cruises with the same lines that they have status with even if they are dissatisfied.  

Edited by Iamcruzin