Nov 5 Allure cruise cancelled; limited options

DandDM

Hi All.  Just got notice that our Nov 5 Allure cruise has been cancelled, and the email lists five cruises on Allure we can move to with price protection and some additional OBC.  Just reviewed all those cruises, and not a single one has a full suite available (best available is a Jr Suite on a six day cruise).  

There is a second option to move the deposit to another cruise - question with that: we booked during the double points promotion and since we booked on board, got additional OBC. Any chance those perks would transfer to a new cruise that is not one of the price protected options?  Also, anyone have any luck getting royal to price protect if none of the options have your class of cabin available?  Expect I'll be spending a chunk of the day tomorrow on the phone with our TA!

With everything going else in the cruising world, accept that this is a pretty minor issue, but still want to try and work out a solution.

Cheers,

• Like 1

If you keep the same booking number, and the cruise is before Dec. 31, 2022. You should keep the double points. The booking onboard OBC is also transferable. You will not be price protected for other sailings. 

Found a Jr Suite on a seven day cruise listed on the replacement options (original cruise was eight days).  Since the price of this cabin is less than paid for existing cabin, even though the cruise is a day shorter and we had a crown loft booked, assume the price protection is meaningless. However, would still get extra OBC.

Also found Crown lofts available on the Allure after it moves to Galveston in November, but they are almost twice as much as we were paying for the one we got.  I'm going to try and get them to price protect that since they didn't really give us a viable option...don't expect to get far, but maybe it will be my lucky day!

• Like 4

RCI agent told me today that if RCI cancels your cruise you can use that FCC towards another cruise in 2022 and the double points will count.. automatically.  I saw on another post where someone posted this data from the boss himself.  My early Feb 22 cruise was cancelled by RCI and I immediately booked another one (in 2 weeks) in it's place but could not get the double points because I have to pay for it ASAP and it'll take a month before I get the FCC.  And the other 18 cruises I have this year are already booked under the double points promo.  I tried to get them to let me use it in 2023 but a Supervisor said no can do!!  Oh well!

RCCL blocked those higher categories suite categories so everyone couldn't just get price protected into those cabins.

Once the deadline passes to make your switch then those higher priced higher category cabins will then be open again to book. But at much higher prices then your current booking.

Not nice by Royal Caribbean for sure.

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

RCCL blocked those higher categories suite categories so everyone couldn't just get price protected into those cabins.

Once the deadline passes to make your switch then those higher priced higher category cabins will then be open again to book. But at much higher prices then your current booking.

How do you know this?  Or is it "just your opinion"?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

How do you know this?  Or is it "just your opinion"?

There is no way that all those suites are booked up 100 percent that far out.........Not a chance !! It's my opinion that will come true..........., you even know yourself they aren't all booked. You been around long enough to know too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DandDM said:

Found a Jr Suite on a seven day cruise listed on the replacement options (original cruise was eight days).  Since the price of this cabin is less than paid for existing cabin, even though the cruise is a day shorter and we had a crown loft booked, assume the price protection is meaningless. However, would still get extra OBC.

Also found Crown lofts available on the Allure after it moves to Galveston in November, but they are almost twice as much as we were paying for the one we got.  I'm going to try and get them to price protect that since they didn't really give us a viable option...don't expect to get far, but maybe it will be my lucky day!

One other thing to take note of. If you move your cancelled cruise to a new sailing, the onboard booking OBC may drop off of the new booking. Make sure that you get a new confirmation and make sure that it is there. Or have them reinstate it before you get off the phone. :classic_smile: I hope it works out for you. 

We just gave up the double points, took refunds and we are having the kitchen remodeled. Money in hand and all that. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

There is no way that all those suites are booked up 100 percent that far out.........Not a chance !! It's my opinion that will come true..........., you even know yourself they aren't all booked. You been around long enough to know too.

Q.E.D.

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

With all the 125% stacking FCCs, I wouldn't be surprised if the higher level suites are in fact booked. I know several people who used their FCCs with the 125% bonus to upgrade to higher suites than they would ever normally book. I myself booked a 2 bedroom grand suite for June 12nights, when the highest room I've ever booked before was a Jr. Suite for a 3 night, and a balcony for a 7 night.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Let me suggest what is far more likely based on looking at the various sailings and being able to see what's available instead of making a guess.

Suites are actually selling extremely well an there is very limited demand particularly for sailings in 2022.  With limited numbers of suites to begin with and lots of people having FCC's to use it is slim pickings on many ships and sailings.  Looking at all the Allure sailings for that time period and not just the 5 offered there are very few suites to begin with.

It is entirely possible that either all the suites were actually booked in advance of this cancellation or that like all the other sailings there were so few available that they had already been snapped up by others on that sailing prior to the OP calling.

I must say though keep throwing your wild conjectures out there as its a great source of entertainment.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Let me suggest what is far more likely based on looking at the various sailings and being able to see what's available instead of making a guess.

Suites are actually selling extremely well an there is very limited demand particularly for sailings in 2022.  With limited numbers of suites to begin with and lots of people having FCC's to use it is slim pickings on many ships and sailings.  Looking at all the Allure sailings for that time period and not just the 5 offered there are very few suites to begin with.

It is entirely possible that either all the suites were actually booked in advance of this cancellation or that like all the other sailings there were so few available that they had already been snapped up by others on that sailing prior to the OP calling.

I must say though keep throwing your wild conjectures out there as its a great source of entertainment.🤣

Check Crown Loft's Availability on November 13th on Allure and then get back to me and say the same thing you told me above again?

Plain and simple Royal Blocked the Suites on the October sailings. All Suites  higher then Js's were blocked.

I don't have to be a Travel Agent to know that.

For laughs and giggles, CHECK ALL THE DATES FOR NOVEMBER ON ALLURE.

Plain and simple it's fishy looking.

Edited by Jimbo

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What you are suggesting above is a joke. Look  at the availability of the month after the blocked month of October.   Really funny 🤣

You don't have to stick up for Royal all the time, really it will still be okay.

Edited by Jimbo

31 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

🤣

If this was even remotely possible, 1 sailing cancelled is not going to fill up 5 sailings of Suites in October. Just not possible.

Edited by Jimbo

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Check Crown Loft's Availability on November 13th on Allure and then get back to me and say the same thing you told me above again?

Plain and simple Royal Blocked the Suites on the October sailings. All Suites  higher then Js's were blocked.

I don't have to be a Travel Agent to know that.

For laughs and giggles, CHECK ALL THE DATES FOR NOVEMBER ON ALLURE.

Plain and simple it's fishy looking.

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What you are suggesting above is a joke. Look  at the availability of the month after the blocked month of October.   Really funny 🤣

You don't have to stick up for Royal all the time, really it will still be okay.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If this was even remotely possible, 1 sailing cancelled is not going to fill up 5 sailings of Suites in October. Just not possible.

You obviously missed this key piece of information.  sailings prior to Nov 5th are out of Florida.  sailings after Nov 5th are out of Galveston....big difference.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You obviously missed this key piece of information.  sailings prior to Nov 5th are out of Florida.  sailings after Nov 5th are out of Galveston....big difference.

I guess then Sept 11th out of Florida nobody wanted to Book Crown Lofts then? There are 21 cabins still available,

Next you are going to tell me October is a popular month for booking cruises.

also a ton of CL's available the 25th of September

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Ourusualbeach is just posting his opinion. Your personal attack overdone and seems uncalled for. 

He is a stickler for details from my experience. Here is a example. My sept 11 and sept 18 liberty. Insides are dropping and balcony prices have soared since I booked a long time ago. Suites have been up ever since they jumped when double pts were announced.

As someone who is a mere pax, not a TA like ourusual beach. I also think people are booking more balconys and suites in possible anticipation of spending more time in their cabins. If it were you booking you too might prefer a balcony or suite in these days of cruising during covid.

What he says is also what I am seeing. Isnt rcl waiving some room service costs, dont remember what it was before just what I read so people can sit on their balcony at night and eat. Hard to eat dinner in a inside. Sept 11 when I booked were 1100ish .. total including taxes. They have been as high as 2200 for just a balcony. If you believe supply and demand there must be demand. 

I booked allure for dec when it came out. Dec. I've already been pushed back by rcl because terminal 3 pushed back and now they will arrive sooner. I didnt want more disappointment. My march b2b started as allure b2b. Lucky me got to move from allure to liberty price protected with no obc. Maybe what you read as cheerleading is just a change to how pax are booking.  More balconies and suites. Those extra pts with suites make them more attractive believe it or not. I saw prices jump myself on them. 2 extra loyalty pts a day with a suite changes people booking thoughts. Mine too. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Ourusualbeach is just posting his opinion. Your personal attack overdone and seems uncalled for. 

He is a stickler for details from my experience. Here is a example. My sept 11 and sept 18 liberty. Insides are dropping and balcony prices have soared since I booked a long time ago. Suites have been up ever since they jumped when double pts were announced.

As someone who is a mere pax, not a TA like ourusual beach. I also think people are booking more balconys and suites in possible anticipation of spending more time in their cabins. If it were you booking you too might prefer a balcony or suite in these days of cruising during covid.

What he says is also what I am seeing. Isnt rcl waiving some room service costs, dont remember what it was before just what I read so people can sit on their balcony at night and eat. Hard to eat dinner in a inside. Sept 11 when I booked were 1100ish .. total including taxes. They have been as high as 2200 for just a balcony. If you believe supply and demand there must be demand. 

I booked allure for dec when it came out. Dec. I've already been pushed back by rcl because terminal 3 pushed back and now they will arrive sooner. I didnt want more disappointment. My march b2b started as allure b2b. Lucky me got to move from allure to liberty price protected with no obc. Maybe what you read as cheerleading is just a change to how pax are booking.  More balconies and suites. Those extra pts with suites make them more attractive believe it or not. I saw prices jump myself on them. 2 extra loyalty pts a day with a suite changes people booking thoughts. Mine too. 

But you are wrong he attacked me first, in post #13 his last sentence in that post which I didn't think was that funny.

Comment was uncalled for.

Edited by Jimbo

We were on this sailing in a JS as well. When we booked on board Independence in September, the Next Cruise agents were pushing this cruise, and junior suites in general. We spoke to several passengers who had done the same as we had. None of the alternatives presented work for us, as it was really the repositioning part of this cruise that appealed. However I did look at the possibility of moving to a JS on the earlier sailings and, as noted, none were available. I did think it was rather fishy as well, but...

Anyway, I'd love to know what the thought process was behind canceling this cruise. Will RC be sailing Allure to Galveston from Ft. Lauderdale without passengers? Why are they planning to get to Galveston earlier than planned. Just curious...

35 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Comment was uncalled for.

That was some of the mildest comments on CC and you know that.

Biker, who assumes that a great number of comments on CC are "conjecture" and has no idea how a comment being called that can be seen as "attacking".

• Like 2

I'm curious why there isn't a new repositioning cruise for the ship from FLL to Galveston? The last cruise in FLL is a 6nt ending 10/29 and the first cruise out of Galveston is on 11/13, seems like a 14nt cruise is happening, but hard to think someone would swoop in this late and book a 14nt charter.
We REALLY wanted to do this repositioning cruise, and don't really care what the date is.

• Like 1

Just now, Jed3279 said:

I'm curious why there isn't a new repositioning cruise for the ship from FLL to Galveston?

Sounds like they may want to do some things earlier in Galveston and can't be bothered with a revenue repo (typically low revenue anyway).

It would be interesting to know what normally happens if you have a suite booked and your cruise is canceled and none of the price-protected options have suites available. 

It is too soon to know what will happen for the OP, but in general what normally happens?

Are you just out of luck, here's your deposit back?

• Like 1