Suite Perks

JohnScot

4 hours ago, JohnScot said:

Was looking at suites for a special occasion cruise. In the benefits listed I could not see any suites, even the top ones where the deluxe drinks package was included. Is this true.

If you are on oasis class , there is free beer and wine all day ( wine is on lower end) many other lines have way better suite perks including celebrity and MSc yacht club. 

• Like 1

Was looking at suites for a special occasion cruise. In the benefits listed I could not see any suites, even the top ones where the deluxe drinks package was included. Is this true.

Depends on the class of ship. The majority of the ships do not have the very top class suites that include drink packages, etc. 

Oasis class during the day the suite lounge has wine or beer I've hear. Snacks are put out at 5 pm, finger food.

Ck kitchen for oasis class, but not older ships. 

There should be a working coffee pot for specialty coffee in the suite lounge in the morning, if it's not broke. 

Perks vary by ship class.

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Oasis class during the day the suite lounge has wine or beer I've hear. Snacks are put out at 5 pm, finger food.

Ck kitchen for oasis class, but not older ships. 

There should be a working coffee pot for specialty coffee in the suite lounge in the morning, if it's not broke. 

Perks vary by ship class.

It sounds like you are doing a lot of guessing.  Perhaps you should choose NOT to respond when you don't know the answer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

It sounds like you are doing a lot of guessing.  Perhaps you should choose NOT to respond when you don't know the answer.

If I'm wrong then be you usual self and say so. I was on liberty and snacks were at 5 pm in both lounges.

Liberty doesnt have a coastal kitchen , but oasis class will when I'm on allure in dec. I dont drink beer and rarely wine, but I've seen it. Coffee pot on liberty was broken for diamond, no faith it's always working for suites due to my last cruise. 

Someone on harmony posted finger foods served at 5 pm on that ship as well. If your experiences are different then say so instead of just looking to start trouble. Maybe you need a cruise soon. So you wouldnt be so grumpy. No I havent been on every single ship, but enough to say this was my experience. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I have a related question, I remember reading on these boards somewhere that if in a suite, the concierge would reach out to you roughly a week before the cruise and ask about helping with any reservations. Is that still a thing these days? We sail Sunday and have not heard from anyone. 

Thanks

6 hours ago, JohnScot said:

As there seems to be a potential for a fire storm a'brewing, different ships offer different benefits.  Was there a particular ship (or ships) you were looking at so The Crowd can provide a better-targeted reply?

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

Cat fight brewing ... time for 

118,022 Popcorn Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

Not from me. I might even like her in person. She has a snappy sarcastic wit at times but personal attacks ... I'm sure I will meet her sooner or later and reserving judgement. 

I bought a condo last year in cape Canaveral to retire to and hope to move there sometime, but my mom still needs me here. I want to live in a port city so I can cruise and get there just a uber ride away. So I think we will meet and I'll decide then. Most cruisers in person are lovely.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Nothing to do with a cat fight, more to do with inaccurate information.

This is another of my dislikes on rccl different perks for different class of ships , celebrity is way more consistent. We always ( last ten years or so book full suites). After sailing celebrity Edge I might not want to go back to rccl even though we are diamond plus which gives you some nice perks recently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George C said:

This is another of my dislikes on rccl different perks for different class of ships , celebrity is way more consistent. We always ( last ten years or so book full suites). After sailing celebrity Edge I might not want to go back to rccl even though we are diamond plus which gives you some nice perks recently.

I agree, they should be more consistent but unfortunately it isn’t even consistent concierge to concierge. Your posts have us considering Edge when we start cruising again. 🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

I agree, they should be more consistent but unfortunately it isn’t even consistent concierge to concierge. Your posts have us considering Edge when we start cruising again. 🙂

Love the suite retreat on Edge private swimming pool and hot tub and outdoor dinning area and bar . They normally give you 300 in on board credit each, free WiFi, free tips and free drink package with suites. Got a great deal on brand new ship Beyond for November.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, DamonG said:

I have a related question, I remember reading on these boards somewhere that if in a suite, the concierge would reach out to you roughly a week before the cruise and ask about helping with any reservations. Is that still a thing these days? We sail Sunday and have not heard from anyone. 

Thanks

Yes; had the Concierge reached out to us on our Sept 2021 cruises as before.

Also, a specific comment on the suite lounge for our two cruises in September on Symphony.  We were not charged for any bar drinks in Suite Lounge ordered any time during the cruise. This was our first experience in a suite on Oasis class, and understand it was likely an anomaly.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Nothing to do with a cat fight, more to do with inaccurate information.

My preference is to only give advice on first hand experience, however some believe they are being helpful adding information which they have ‘heard’ and not experienced, which is often not accurate. Not actually helpful 😁

40 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

My preference is to only give advice on first hand experience, however some believe they are being helpful adding information which they have ‘heard’ and not experienced, which is often not accurate. Not actually helpful 😁

So does someonemhave to have been on all ships to have real shareable experience.

I'm still not sure what information isnt correct, just people not contributing any information just being negative. Maybe contribute some additional information. I did walk into the suite lounge on liberty and jewel. I saw with my own eyes chops where suite guests were eating breakfast in dec on liberty.

So I would need to be on a ship with ck to say I've read other ships oasis class do have ck? Please enlighten me. So reading it a dozen times doesnt count if I personally havent eaten there to count it as a perk on oasis ships? I was just reading elsewhere people are avoiding cc main boards because of combative posters. Dont blame them..

• Like 2

We enjoy the suites on Celebrity and the perks included. Have only been on one X cruise my second one was X cancelled and deposit transferred. I'm booked for Hawaii-Vancouver 2023 in a Celebrity suite and looking forward to this cruise.

• Like 1

JohnScot,  We would need to know what ship you were looking at because as you have read it varies. You are on the RCL info site so I assume it is a Royal ship. You can look up the ship and type of suite for the perks on line if no one can help you here. Just give us the ship and type of suite and maybe someone can help you. I usually stay in suites and will help if I can. I too have a question regarding the Grand Suite perks on Adventure of the Seas. I can’t seem to find a complete list (I know there aren’t a lot) but I am booked for a birthday celebration for my sister this September. If someone who has done a Grand suite lately on Adventure, I would appreciate info. It’s a 5 night Bermuda.

1 hour ago, ScotBrit17 said:

The ship was Navigator, so seems it won’t have the top perks

4 minutes ago, Midway7934 said:

JohnScot,  We would need to know what ship you were looking at because as you have read it varies. You are on the RCL info site so I assume it is a Royal ship. You can look up the ship and type of suite for the perks on line if no one can help you here. Just give us the ship and type of suite and maybe someone can help you. I usually stay in suites and will help if I can. I too have a question regarding the Grand Suite perks on Adventure of the Seas. I can’t seem to find a complete list (I know there aren’t a lot) but I am booked for a birthday celebration for my sister this September. If someone who has done a Grand suite lately on Adventure, I would appreciate info. It’s a 5 night Bermuda.

For Navigator and Adventure, these are the suite perks that are typically offered.  Currently, each ship seems to be doing things a little differently because of covid restrictions, so best to find a review for that ship that is recent.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-suites-program

1 hour ago, ScotBrit17 said:

The ship was Navigator, so seems it won’t have the top perks

I really like the navigator sailed her 3 times all in grand suites, nice reserved pool seating, breakfast in specialty restaurant normally chops, in the past we had reserved seats for ice show but that was missing on my most recent cruise. The concierge will email you the current list of perks about 5 days prior to sailing.

• Like 3