Good Spirits Poker Run

iamaqt2

I was looking through the Medallion App for my upcoming cruise and came across this under Play Ocean.  It looks like a Poker Run/Pub Crawl.

Has anyone done this, and is there a prize associated with it?  

Is it advertised in the dailies?

Very little info available that I could find.

Screenshot_20220114-020643_MedallionClass.jpg

Screenshot_20220114-020712_MedallionClass.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

Thanks for posting that, I'm going to check it out  in about 2 weeks 😀

Hoping we can both get a little info before then, but if not will you let me know how it goes?  Thanks 😁

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Good find!  I see it for our cruise next month on the Regal.  Guess they are trying to encourage the use of those drinks packages?  🙃

It certainly looks like it could be a very fun way to utilize the drink packages..

😂😂

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, skynight said:

Sounds like you visit 5 bars. Order drink and get a playing card. Certain hands collected = certain gifts. Give it a try.

I'm actually excited to give it a go.. but my cruise isn't for 42 more days.. but who's counting? 😉😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Sounds like you visit 5 bars. Order drink and get a playing card. Certain hands collected = certain gifts. Give it a try.

You don’t need to order a drink, as some of the bars like the Wheelhouse might not even be open when you visit. 
The app tells you which bar to visit and when there, you click on a button. A few times the app gave us an error code saying we weren’t at the venue, so we’d stand close to one of the wifi repeaters and hold our medallion close to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Pam and saw this thread and just played 3 rounds. It was fun and we worked off a few calories at the same time.

Glad you're getting a chance to test drive it!  And thanks for posting.. if you get a good hand or a prize for completing, can you let us know?  Thanks!

Also saw your follow up post.. good to know that those who don't imbibe can also play along!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

You don’t need to order a drink, as some of the bars like the Wheelhouse might not even be open when you visit. 
The app tells you which bar to visit and when there, you click on a button. A few times the app gave us an error code saying we weren’t at the venue, so we’d stand close to one of the wifi repeaters and hold our medallion close to it.

So the playing card goes on your phone/account? Not a physical card.

5 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

It certainly looks like it could be a very fun way to utilize the drink packages..

😂😂

I certainly do not need a reason to use my drink package, but I'm definitely intrigued!

• Haha 1

We've never sailed on a Medallion cruise but some folks from our roll call put together a Poker Run to the various watering holes on one of our last cruises.  There was no requirement to get a drink at any of the venues. Just before the last stop the person who organized it looked at all of our hands so far. (She didn't share the cards with the other people.) When we went into the last spot it turned out that, up to that point, I had the winning hand. Sadly, the last card gave another person a card that gave them the actual winning hand. D'Oh!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

On the app, you are allowed to trade in cards after you’ve collected all five in hopes of a better hand.

Cinegraphic,  do you have to go back to the bar where you originally got the card you wish to trade in?  And is there a time lapse on this, or is it just once you've completed your hand?
I can see this being a fun activity on a sea evening if the activities team decided to host a Poker Run.  Like running a scavenger hunt, but for a winning poker hand.

40 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

Cinegraphic,  do you have to go back to the bar where you originally got the card you wish to trade in?  And is there a time lapse on this, or is it just once you've completed your hand?
I can see this being a fun activity on a sea evening if the activities team decided to host a Poker Run.  Like running a scavenger hunt, but for a winning poker hand.

No, you do not have to go back.

There is a time limit. All cards had to be collected by 5 or 6 pm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CineGraphic said:

No, you do not have to go back.

There is a time limit. All cards had to be collected by 5 or 6 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to clue us all in on this new (to me) app feature.  I hope you and Pam had fun giving it a whirl.  If you happen to get a chance to ask how they plan to roll this out in the future, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to clue us all in on this new (to me) app feature.  I hope you and Pam had fun giving it a whirl.  If you happen to get a chance to ask how they plan to roll this out in the future, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

There’s nothing to roll out. 
Its fully operational.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

There’s nothing to roll out. 
Its fully operational.

It seems counterintuitive to have a multi-user game and not make it more interactive in some way.

Even Games Under the Stars with Fortuna Luck gets everyone on the Lido Deck who wants to play involved.  And that was lots of fun. 

I hope Princess has plans to make this a dailies activity at some point.