The Daily for Saturday 01/15/2022

richwmn

Today is National Bagel Day, National Hat Day, and Humanitarian Day

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.--Maya Angelou

Meal Suggestion for today - cauliflower bolognese pasta
Drink of the Day - Maple Leaf
Wine of the Day - Louis Jadot 2019 Clos de la Barre Monopole Premier
Destination of the Day - Ny Alesund, Spitsbergen, Norway

Ships With Passengers

At Sea Caribbean

Eurodam  

Destination Port Everglades, FL eta 1/16

At Sea Pacific

Koningsdam  

Destination San Diego, CA eta 1/16

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Rotterdam  

09:00 - 15;00

Zuiderdam  

Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles

Nieuw Statendam  

08:00 - 16:00

Ships Without Passengers

Corfu GR

Volendam 

Zaandam  

Limassol CY

Oosterdam  

Long Beach CA US

Westerdam  

Anchorage

Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale FL US

Nieuw Amsterdam  

07:00 - 17:00

Noordam  

Anchorage

0115Caribbean.thumb.png.88212aaabf790fa64d4e8d590de8eb33.png

0115NAmericaW.thumb.png.7bd482029b31b6ec669a540cc1bf2766.png

0115Europe.thumb.png.462c47a1d933ab795c3a54d79d8ec9e3.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 16

Good morning, thanks for the Daily Report.

Happy Saturday.

It's a c-c-cold day here, it's -19C (-2F), definitely a hat day.  A toasted bagel with cream cheese sounds like breakfast for me.  Thanks to all the Humanitarians.

Love the quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

The drink sounds good too.  Hope the wine is tasty.

Another port I have not visited, thanks in advance for all the pictures that will be posted.

Prayers for everyone.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Hope we hear some good news from @kazuPrayers for her and Jose and the doggies.

Have a wonderful day.   Stay safe.

• Like 33

Thank you for the Daily on what will be a very COLD Saturday here, Rich.  I'll pass on the bagel but salute humanitarians (Including Angelou) and definitely wear a very warm (knitted wool) hat.  The meal sounds nice and I have been to NY Alesund on the Elegant Explorer.  Baltimore Symphony Pops tonight but I think I'll leave at Intermission until I get more stamina back.

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui, healing for Jose and wisdom for his doctors
Saint John Hospital Covid Situation

Welfare of furloughed crews
Walker in hospice
Aliaschief missing funeral (wise decision)
Tana in hospital with poor prognosis
MissG’s dad with pneumonia
StLouisCruisers DD recovering from Tennis Elbow surgery
Numerious dailyite friends and family with covid
From the rotation:
HAL Sailor DH health issues
NextOne  DDIL with mystery illness
summer slope BCC surgery in February
rafinmd recovering from radiation side effects

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Nieuw Amsterdam in Everglades
5 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers        
Carnival Group  hospital ships Noordam, Crown Princess, and Queen Victoria
summer slope (1/29)sassy~one (1/29 ,bobpatj ( 1/29), and  Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to1/16),  GTVCRUISER Koningsdam to 1/16) and boytje (Millennium to 1/17) at sea
The gingerbread house
Progress for luvteaching DH
Tana breathing better
New work for marshhawk
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - officially onboard & introduced. - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

naa.thumb.JPG.e8ac4d612bf6f5cd0fbfa802a251792b.JPG

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 13

Good afternoon.

It is a cold but sunny 34°F here in NE England.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Thank you Roy for keeping all the lists updated.

Interesting days although I don't eat bagels.

The quote is true.

I will give the food and drink a miss.

We have not visited today's port.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone who need them.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Take care 😷.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220115_121106.jpg

Screenshot_20220115_120511.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 7

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report.  And thank you everyone for caring and sharing! Have a great weekend!

Watching the Port Nassau Webcam for the return after two years of a cruise ship from Charleston, SC. It is the Carnival Sunshine that we will sail on in June. It will be my first Carnival cruise but Sue and DSIL sailed with them in 1995.

Stay safe and especially those in Sunday's storm path.

- Jack

• Like 28

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I enjoy bagels, but don't eat them very often anymore due to the carb count. I rarely wear hats, but enjoy knitting them, donating them or giving them as gifts. A salute to all humanitarians.

Agree with and love the quote. I like cauliflower, but not sure about the meal.

We are starting out with fog and a temperature of 42, but a "feels like" of 34. Rain moving in this evening to bring us the storm. Some that have lived in this community for 20-25 years say this is the worst storm forecast they've seen. From what I've heard the east half of the country are going to get hit in one way or another. 

@ger_77thank you for the update on Jacqui. Sochi is gorgeous!

@Horizon chaser 1957the gingerbread house is beautiful!

@lazey1you are a great friend and I'm sure Kakalena appreciates your help and support.

Well, CC has decided not to allow me to tag anyone else. I will try again later.

Stay safe and warm friends.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Quite the collection of days. 

Thank you for our lists Roy - hope you have a wonderful time with the BSO Pops tonight. Stay warm. Morning Dailyites. A nippy 41 here in the Northern part of East Central Florida. Even Bindi had no desire to go out this morning. I may need to get her a sweater or coat. 😎

A few odd jobs & chores, then I head to a friend’s for supper. Stay warm everyone. 

Today’s theme - felines…

541A0109-5058-40A5-98E6-F9F466BCA217.jpeg.311c062e1279b64f88021d6c4711c7de.jpeg

D45DEB26-8BE4-45B4-8EE8-538724F443BF.jpeg.46fec9346e35c4dbd4295189b37f1550.jpeg

851D4BA9-9ECD-40CC-9AAB-F08CBADF84A7.jpeg.73b3f142971fb5d76abf34bd08c14c58.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Louis Jadot 2019 Clos de la Barre Monopole Premier
Pinot Noir fans this entry from Burgundy sounds amazing, though pricey. A few online distributors with prices starting at $76.99.

Winemaker Notes

The vineyard’s southern exposure gives this wine powerful, mature red fruit aromas. Rich and well structured, this will age 12 to 15 years in the bottle.

This will pair well with most meat dishes and cheeses.

D93 Decanter

Clos de la Barre is a 1.32ha monopole of Jadot in fermage from its Parisian owners. The site is located at the entrance to the village and it ripens fruit early, easily and well. The result is a classic expression of Volnay, with lush, forward, expressive cassis fruit, yet it is not lacking in tannin.
WW92 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com
COMMENTARY: The 2019 Louis Jadot Volnay Clos de La Barre is fresh, bright, and lively. The wine stays generous on the palate. TASTING NOTES: This wine shows a lovely mineral-scented start as it offers black fruit, anise, and savory spices in its flavors. Try it with lamb stew. 
RP92 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
The 2019 Volnay 1er Cru Clos de la Barre Monopole (Maison Louis Jadot) is more structured than the Mitans, bursting with aromas of plums, candied peel, spices and toasty new oak. Medium-bodied, chalky and a little reserved on this showing, I expect it to round out nicely.  Range: 90-92
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 10

All week long I have told DH that I wanted a bagel...now I know why.

However, I'm thinking about going to the doughnut shop,  which is near the Wild Birds Unlimited store, so that I can get an unhealthy breakfast, and more food for the birds so they don't starve during the projected storm.

Well, I guess I have procrastinated long enough, I need to read the educational material before our zoom class at 2.  Please stay safe, and stay warm.  

• Like 26

Good morning, everyone!   

It is a gray day today.  We're supposed to get a pile of snow tomorrow night.   We'll see what the revised forecast has to say today. @JazzyV you'll probably get slammed by the same storm.

We have a big Zoom program today, so I need to be quick.   Today's meal will please the vegetarians in the crowd.   I'm sure that ground beef could be added for the carnivores.  

With this first recipe you want to roast the cauliflower in the oven first.   https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/roasted-cauliflower-bolognese/

It does look really good once roasted. 

Roasted-Cauliflower-Bolognese-2-700x1050.thumb.jpg.697d5334340306ac626c3baef4aa0e7a.jpg

The cauliflower takes the place of the meat in the sauce.   

Roasted-Cauliflower-Bolognese-1-700x1050.thumb.jpg.2138262d75e98c1f3ee851547204bfd1.jpg

This one just chops the cauliflower to rice sized pieces.   https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/cauliflower-bolognese-pasta

1135112448_cauliflowerbolognesepasta.thumb.jpg.f828d572614bb7a553a579f73f3e0746.jpg

And this one is extra hearty because it adds lentils.   https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/cauliflower-bolognese/

The sauce is thick and rich.

Cauliflower-Bolognese-1.thumb.jpg.3e14dc7cd9f0a2206f218d525bce71da.jpg

And dinner is served!

Cauliflower-Bolognese-2.thumb.jpg.05ea606428cedce67439bca85623b4c7.jpg

Prayers to all who need them, especially our Dailyites.  Cheers to all who are celebrating.

Edited by dfish
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 11

Good morning everyone and thanks for the daily report.  Enjoy your bagels this morning, hats off to humanitarian workers and hats on to most of you, its 4F here this morning 🥶. I like the quote today.  I’ll skip today’s meal as I had cauliflower lasagna for lunch yesterday.  We’re headed to Freeport ME later today and will be having dinner at a Tuscan restaurant.  I haven’t been to today’s port and look forward to seeing the photos of it.  Prayers for everyone on our list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today.  Dress warmly!

• Like 27

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  A salute to all humanitarians working on the front lines.  We don't have bagels often, but yesterday I picked up a package of cinnamon raisin bagels to have toasted for breakfast.  I love hats, the only thing I don't like is hat head afterward.  

I'm not sure about today's drink selection, but I suspect it may have either rye whiskey or bourbon, and perhaps maple syrup?  I'd love to try today's wine, but it's out of my price range.  Speaking of wine, our provincial liquor control board was the target of a cyber attack (go figure), so some of their products are in short supply right now.  I think I'll get dressed and see if they still have my favourite Cardboardeaux on the shelves.  

I'm chuckling looking at the posts saying it's too cold out; right now we're at -4C (24F), absolutely delighted because it means we can get out with the stepladder and snow rake to take off some of the snow drifts from the roof of the house.  I know, it's all perspective.  LOL   I do feel sorry for those of you who aren't used to cold temperatures, as it can be quite uncomfortable.

Today will be a good day to make the "ice cave" where we can put a giant Rubbermaid tub in the snow to keep things frozen for the rest of the winter.   That way when we find things on sale at the grocery store, we don't have to worry if we have room in the freezer, we can just put them outside in the ice cave.

I'd like to try today's menu suggestion, but don't have any cauliflower on hand, so will leave it till another time.  After we finish with the snow removal, I'm pretty sure there won't be a lot of energy left at the end of the day, so I'll pre-plan and take out a couple of containers of chili from the freezer that will be reheated and served with a side salad for dinner tonight.  And wine.

1947301271_DinnerSuggestion.thumb.jpg.e23a6a9988613a427e6e9c795c636c29.jpg

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for Jose, Jacqui, their pups, and Jose's medical team, and for @Sharon in AZ's sis in law who is battling Covid for a second time.  We'll raise the glasses in toast to all on the celebration list.  Stay well, wash your hands, be safe, wear your masks, get your boosters, and keep warm!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 38
  • Haha 7

23 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I enjoy bagels, but don't eat them very often anymore due to the carb count. I rarely wear hats, but enjoy knitting them, donating them or giving them as gifts. A salute to all humanitarians.

Agree with and love the quote. I like cauliflower, but not sure about the meal.

We are starting out with fog and a temperature of 42, but a "feels like" of 34. Rain moving in this evening to bring us the storm. Some that have lived in this community for 20-25 years say this is the worst storm forecast they've seen. From what I've heard the east half of the country are going to get hit in one way or another. 

@ger_77thank you for the update on Jacqui. Sochi is gorgeous!

@Horizon chaser 1957the gingerbread house is beautiful!

@lazey1you are a great friend and I'm sure Kakalena appreciates your help and support.

Well, CC has decided not to allow me to tag anyone else. I will try again later.

Stay safe and warm friends.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

We go with the mini-bagels, only 120 calories.

• Like 18

Good morning. It’s 42 degrees this morning and clear but according to our local weatherman it’s going to get stormy tonight as a front comes through and along with colder temperatures it could possible snow! This storm will affect many of us in US.

Oh no more cauliflower which seems to be a staple on out South Beach diet. It’s working as this mornings weigh in revealed nine pounds since Monday. Amazing what eliminating Happy Hour can do for you.

Have been to today’s port of call on the Elegant Explorer so will search through library.

Again, thank you all for your kind thoughts and words yesterday. Roy you may remove me from list.

Finish coffee then it’s off to our commissary for weekly shopping.

Thanks to all.

image.thumb.jpeg.cc4b888a72bdd75147cb71c900c4e26d.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Haha 13

15 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. It’s 42 degrees this morning and clear but according to our local weatherman it’s going to get stormy tonight as a front comes through and along with colder temperatures it could possible snow! This storm will affect many of us in US.

Oh no more cauliflower which seems to be a staple on out South Beach diet. It’s working as this mornings weigh in revealed nine pounds since Monday. Amazing what eliminating Happy Hour can do for you.

Have been to today’s port of call on the Elegant Explorer so will search through library.

Again, thank you all for your kind thoughts and words yesterday. Roy you may remove me from list.

Finish coffee then it’s off to our commissary for weekly shopping.

Thanks to all.

image.thumb.jpeg.cc4b888a72bdd75147cb71c900c4e26d.jpeg

That about sums it up, good one.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.It was 12 degrees when I ventured outside with the dogs.It was a quick trip.

I love bagels and salute humanitarianism. Hat day is appropriate today for sure. We have not been to the port but look forward to pictures.

The recipes look great and I will try them another day. I don’t want to step foot in the grocery store with the usual crowds.

I loved all the photos yesterday of the port and the beautiful kitties.

I will add one of my own. This cat visits us daily and lives about 2 blocks away.

n

1CDE9DD3-B171-4392-9FBE-AAC274F06A57.jpeg

• Like 37

Good morning everyone.It’s 9am and 14 degrees. We’re getting a storm tomorrow night but so far they don’t know if it will be rain or snow. 
Great collection of days. I love. New York bagel with cream cheese, lox, and a red onion and sometimes a tomato. It’s getting to me hat time here and I salute all the humanitarian workers who are so important. Love today’s quote and Maya.

Prayers for all who need them ,especially Jacqui, Jose, and their dogs. 
Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 28