Veuve Clicquot by the glass on Apex?

cltcruisers123

I checked the wine lists on the app for our upcoming cruise on the Reflection and could not find a by the glass option.  You may want to check th app for your sailing and see if it is listed by the glass.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

I may be wrong,  but if I remember correctly they served it by the glass most every night on the Magic Carpet Bar by the Pool.   I remember a friend ordering it and was something like an up charge of $5 or $6.00.  Don't recall.

They had bottles of it in big glass pails all over the Magic Carpet.   Maybe it was just a promotional.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

Can't speak to Veuve Clicquot, but I was planning on buying Caymus on my recent NYE cruise on Summit & they apparently didn't have it anywhere due to "supply chain issues".

So could well be that not everything that is expected to be available will be available.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Yes, it’s available, but not on the premium package. There is definitely an upcharge.  The premium package used to be Montaudon, but has now changed to Cattier. It was very good. I actually like it better than the Montaudon.

One thing I noticed is that when I ordered the premium Champagne, they were serving me Prosecco.  I'm not sure I ever got a glass of the premium Champagne and I did have the premium package.

51 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Can't speak to Veuve Clicquot, but I was planning on buying Caymus on my recent NYE cruise on Summit & they apparently didn't have it anywhere due to "supply chain issues".

So could well be that not everything that is expected to be available will be available.

Caymus is solid too! Was thinking of bringing a bottle for the room as I’m sure if they had it on the ship it would be more expensive than what I can find it for locally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

One thing I noticed is that when I ordered the premium Champagne, they were serving me Prosecco.  I'm not sure I ever got a glass of the premium Champagne and I did have the premium package.

If you don’t specify what you want you often will get something from the Classic package.  Currently the champagnes on the premium are either Cattier ( quite good) replaced Montaudon or Chandon.  When we were on the Edge Cattier was not available in Luminae, Martini bar, Club or Retreat Lounge but DH found a small supply at another bar.  They had about 6 bottles and set them aside for us, we enjoyed it the remainder of the cruise. For those wondering there were no $ up front it was a nice offer from a couple of bartenders and on the last night we rewarded them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cltcruisers123 said:

Caymus is solid too! Was thinking of bringing a bottle for the room as I’m sure if they had it on the ship it would be more expensive than what I can find it for locally.

They had caymus by the glass for $28 on Equinox a few weeks ago. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, cbfb said:

They had caymus by the glass for $28 on Equinox a few weeks ago. 

Ohhh that’s not bad. $13 up-charge off premium package limit of $15. May be the way to go if heavy pours 😆.  Can get bottle at local grocery store for $88, 10% less if I buy half case and I get about 2.5 glasses out of bottle usually. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cltcruisers123 said:

Ohhh that’s not bad. $13 up-charge off premium package limit of $15. May be the way to go if heavy pours 😆.  Can get bottle at local grocery store for $88, 10% less if I buy half case and I get about 2.5 glasses out of bottle usually. 

We were in Blu. The second night they brought the bottle and left it on our table. Pours were good but not that good!!! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cltcruisers123 said:

A couple years ago a half bottle of caymus came out during Xmas for $54 canadian which i purchased. In all honestly not that crazy about it, much better cabs available at better price points. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Love the Bubbly! And nothing quite like a nice Champagne. I do enjoy Prosecco but when i saw the bottles of Veuve available on the Apex Magic Carpet, jumped on it. Upcharge or not. That was in Nov ‘21.

A number of years ago, I did a Napa wine tour and we did a side run to the Frank’s Family winery, a small place Not in one of the ‘Italian Villas’ that are so common there. They had a great wine marked as ‘Champagne’ and I asked them how they could do that. The old guy told me, ‘To Heck (different word) with those French, this is Champagne!”. I agreed and bought a number of them. Great stuff. Looked recently and they advertise ‘Bubbly’ now. Me thinks they got nailed. 

Den

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Love the Bubbly! And nothing quite like a nice Champagne. I do enjoy Prosecco but when i saw the bottles of Veuve available on the Apex Magic Carpet, jumped on it. Upcharge or not. That was in Nov ‘21.

A number of years ago, I did a Napa wine tour and we did a side run to the Frank’s Family winery, a small place Not in one of the ‘Italian Villas’ that are so common there. They had a great wine marked as ‘Champagne’ and I asked them how they could do that. The old guy told me, ‘To Heck (different word) with those French, this is Champagne!”. I agreed and bought a number of them. Great stuff. Looked recently and they advertise ‘Bubbly’ now. Me thinks they got nailed. 

Den

Have you tried Frank Family Cabernet? Excellent at that price point.

• Like 1

Did that also. Loved Franks. May have have to go online and try them again! I realize there are so many great wines and don’t really have to do that, but Frank Family vineyards was so different. Loved it. 

Do Not tell my sister I’m thinking of shopping a Napa winery….she lives in Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, and sent me a t-shirt with”

If you Love Wine Come to Sonoma

If you need Car Parts, go to Napa

den

Edited by Denny01
  • Haha 1