Pillow Menu

tugboat

I also have not seen the menu but I know they have a good selection.

From what I remember they had

Body Pillow

Foam

Feather

Down

Isotonic

I always ask for 2 Down (for me) and 2 Isotonic (for Iain) and our room attendant either has them when we arrive or delivers them before bedtime.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

The pillow menu is a figment of some marketing person's imagination.  However, they do have pillow choices.  Ask for what you want.

Hi Linda! Hope you are keeping well!

I am a big fan of the selection of pillows that Celebrity provides, and requesting pillows is one of the first things I do when I get to my cabin.

Celebrity USED to have pillow menus, at least by the time the Solstice ships started to sail (if not before), but they eventually disappeared. As you said, they do still have pillow choices, and you can usually get what you want, if you don’t wait too long to order your choice.

Poster Jim_Iain (in post #5) provided a good list. In addition, I think they have hypoallergenic pillows, although I have not ordered them myself, but friends who often cruise with us, do order them.

I now travel with a wheelchair, and I always order the body pillow, which is as good a quality body pillow as I have at home. It makes the difference, for me, between being able to sleep well, or not at all.

My last cruise was on the Celebrity Eclipse (B2B2B) from Buenos Aires to San Diego, March 1-30, 2020. My information about pillow availability was current as of that cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elena7seas said:

Hi Linda! Hope you are keeping well!

My last cruise was on the Celebrity Eclipse (B2B2B) from Buenos Aires to San Diego, March 1-30, 2020. My information about pillow availability was current as of that cruise.

Hi, Eileen,

All's well here, but it's a bit nippy for Florida.  Hope to get back to cruising on the Summit repo in April.  Do you have anything scheduled?

The first time we sailed on X it was in AQ in 2011.    We looked for the pillow menu and asked attendant.   He said there isn’t and looked at us as if we were idiots.   He pointed to the pillows and said pick the one use want to use.

We went to GR and showed them them the printed out of the amenities for AQ and asked about a pillow menu.   They said that they would have to look into it.   The next day we got a message on the phone to come to GR.  We went there and they gave us a printout of amenities of the same thing we showed them.   We said that we are aware of that and showed the same printout to them yesterday.  We want to know what and where the Pillow is.   They said that they will have to look into it.  We a,so asked about the wellness classes?   They didn’t know anything about that either. 

i think they now have some videos that you can watch on the TV for the wellness class

The other joke is the healthier food in Blu.  I think now they call it clean cuisine.  I asked what that means.  The answer was they use healthier choices of oils and etc.     I still see a lot of rich sauces,  butter instead of olive oil and vinegar to dip the bread in.  Bacon is bacon, many creamy soups, pastries, ice cream and etc.   I don’t see anything being “clean” or healthy

AQ use to get a footstool on the S class balconies.   Kelly has a better idea.  

Marketing a lot of fluff 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We are clearly in the minority, but once on a M-class ship we found a copy of the pillow menu!  It was printed on card stock and was about 4 x 6 inches inches in size..  While I am positive it was on a M-class ship I am less positive about which ship, but think it may have been the Infinity.

3 hours ago, miched said:

The first time we sailed on X it was in AQ in 2011.    We looked for the pillow menu and asked attendant.   He said there isn’t and looked at us as if we were idiots.   He pointed to the pillows and said pick the one use want to use.

We went to GR and showed them them the printed out of the amenities for AQ and asked about a pillow menu.   They said that they would have to look into it.   The next day we got a message on the phone to come to GR.  We went there and they gave us a printout of amenities of the same thing we showed them.   We said that we are aware of that and showed the same printout to them yesterday.  We want to know what and where the Pillow is.   They said that they will have to look into it.  We a,so asked about the wellness classes?   They didn’t know anything about that either. 

i think they now have some videos that you can watch on the TV for the wellness class

The other joke is the healthier food in Blu.  I think now they call it clean cuisine.  I asked what that means.  The answer was they use healthier choices of oils and etc.     I still see a lot of rich sauces,  butter instead of olive oil and vinegar to dip the bread in.  Bacon is bacon, many creamy soups, pastries, ice cream and etc.   I don’t see anything being “clean” or healthy

AQ use to get a footstool on the S class balconies.   Kelly has a better idea.  

Marketing a lot of fluff 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The crew must “love” seeing you approaching. 

4 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

We have been in Aqua many times and have never been given butter for dipping our bread.  There was oil, but definitely no vinegar except on salads.   We really missed out and I would love to dip bread in clarified butter!

You were never served a butter mold shaped like a cone ?

I am not referring to melted butter

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Yes they do.    The all mighty $ can buy many false friends 🤑

Years ago I was at a seminar and the first thing the guest speaker said was  I think all lawyers are @$$holes.  I yelled out that I resent that.  He responded with  “ are you a lawyer?”   I said no I am a @$$hole.  🤗

Think and write whatever you want.   I value your opinion. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, miched said:

Years ago I was at a seminar and the first thing the guest speaker said was  I think all lawyers are @$$holes.  I yelled out that I resent that.  He responded with  “ are you a lawyer?”   I said no I am a @$$hole.  🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Your sense of humor is appreciated here. 

24 minutes ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

K

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

So I was wrong  for asking for the amenities that were promoted for AQ and what I paid for? 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

About 4 years ago on the Summit we were presented with a pillow menu, this past October (again on the Summit) we asked for down pillows and a body pillow and everything was provided, but there was no menu, nor did we need it.

10 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Hi, Eileen,

All's well here, but it's a bit nippy for Florida.  Hope to get back to cruising on the Summit repo in April.  Do you have anything scheduled?

We are booked on the Eclipse for the Vancouver-Honolulu-Vancouver B2B, sailing out April 23, 2022. The four Eclipse coastal cruises immediately prior were cancelled a couple of days ago.

We had a Iceland-Ireland-Orkneys cruise and Scotland land trip cancelled for August 2021, and a Transpacific from Vancouver to Yokohama cancelled for September, 2021. Celebrity has been very good to us through all of this, though. Come and chat with us on the Who’s Aboard thread!

My sincere apologies to everyone for straying off topic to say hello to a lovely fellow cruiser. (I just haven’t crossed paths with her since Covid began.)

We are keeping our fingers crossed for the Hawaii B2B.

Edited by elena7seas